• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

JLB

Banned
I hear hivebusters for Gears 5 looks great, but I've never played it as I'm not a fan of Gears
hivebusters looks great, yup.
I think its a matter of preference, maybe Doom or MS Flight Sim?
Anyways, I think once Motorsport gets released it willl be second to none.

kunonabi

Im getting some mixed messages. Im intending to get an xbox series S for my brother-in-law and the plan is for them to use the gamepass subscription cards since they don't have a CC they can use for it. Is that possible or do you need to a CC on file to use Gamepass even with the prepaid cards?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Im getting some mixed messages. Im intending to get an xbox series S for my brother-in-law and the plan is for them to use the gamepass subscription cards since they don't have a CC they can use for it. Is that possible or do you need to a CC on file to use Gamepass even with the prepaid cards?

I'm not 100% sure but I *THINK* you might be asked to input a payment method. I have my paypal set up (even though I'm currently topped off till 2025).

Worse case scenario you can use your CC info but turn off recurring so you don't get charged the tenure.

DaGwaphics

I never had a card on file with them for a long time. They will allow the redemption of the cards without a payment method attached, at least they used to.

What is the prettiest game on the series X? Im talking everything - HDR, 4K, 120 (60 at least).

People overlook Destiny 2 but seeing it on my Series X and Samsung 65" HDR 4K VRR has me loving the detail, atmosphere and lighting in D2. Sublime when hand in hand with Bungie art. Speeding around on a sparrow is pretty awestriking or knee deep in a balls out raid skirmish it looks and plays brilliantly.

DaGwaphics

I see Spencer and Greenburg have setup Mastodon accounts. I created a profile and followed them. Can I follow people on different servers from the account I created or I'd need to setup different accounts on different servers?

Nevermind. I see you can follow people on other servers. LOL

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Just see that at one point yesterday MS was offering the XSS + their branded wireless headset for $250 (normal retail price for the bundle $398). MS is just having fun with the gafers that like to complain about sales (unless they are justifying increases) at this point. :messenger_beaming:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It hasn't been the busiest year for Xbox players when looking at exclusives. Nevertheless, the Xbox Series X/S has seen some very good-looking titles since their launch. Let's take a look at 17 of them here, from first-party to third-party.

adamsapple

Calisto Protocol pre-load is 44GB on Xbox

FiXKX3JX0AEgR_L

anthony2690

Banned
8pGLYXZ.jpg
klobrille put this image up earlier and it just made me think how insane game pass in 2023 is looking.

Obviously diablo 4 being on there is a bit pre-emptive.*

But the stuff I'm really personally looking forward too:

Starfield
Redfall
Tokyo Ghostwire
Forza Motorsport

Last Case of Benedict Fox
Monster Hunter Rise
Flintlock
Wo Long

Ravenlok
Diablo 4*
Eiyuden Chronicles: 100 heroes

Lies of P
Atomic Heart
Persona 3 Portable
Persona 4 Golden
Guilty Gear Strive

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (something I can enjoy with DBD obsessed partner)

bolded stuff: stuff I would buy day one, may still buy retail versions off day one/or down the line cheaper for the shelf 💪

DaGwaphics

That's a weird one. Was looking forward to trying that one, hopefully it will get added at some point.

DaGwaphics

The image @ anthony2690 anthony2690 posted really drives home how solid 2023 is going to be for the green rats. I'm really looking forward to having the AoE games on console, my old PC just doesn't run them that great anymore.

I'm hoping they'll stick the AoE3 remaster over there at some point too. That's an old favorite of mine.

Roberts

I don't think it really needs a new thread, so I will just talk about ID@Xbox winter demo showcase here.

Just like in the previous years, most of the demos are a bit rough and clearly unfinished, but that's what actually fascinates me as I can see how the games look and feel long time before they are done. Anyway, very short impressions:

Dad’s Monster House - a Black and White old adventure/puzzle game. Kiddie graphics mixed with german expressionism.
Dead Pets Unleashed - Looks like that game that we were making fun of....hm...Goodbye Volcano High, right? Only if it was made by Scott Pilgrim fans. Heavy on narrative and loads of mini games (one I played was like Overcooked). I used to love Scott Pilgrim comics back in the day, but not sure if I want to play. It's well-made, though.
Trinity Fusion - One of faves from this batch. Dead Cells type rogue-lite. Nice graphics and plays pretty well, too.
Astronite - Another Black and White game, this time a 2d metroidvania. It's all fun and shit, but there are way too many games out there to spend on something that is not particularly original or interesting.
Clash: Artifacts of Chaos - I think this one is a Soulslike game. Really weird, trippy visuals. Clearly work in progress as there was much gameplay, but I will check it out, because I like weird.
Gori: Cuddly Carnage - Made on Unreal5. Just like Stray, has cats in a Cyberpunk environment, but this one is more traditional action adventure. Looks like a gory, juvenile fun.
Inkulinati - Game's visuals take inspiration from the same sources Pentiment did, but in a totally different game. This one is a jokey tactical strategy game.
Thirsty Suitors - This is either a complete parody of what it means to be a GenZ or a game made exclusively for them. Characters talk about their problems and I simply couldn't stop facepalming. It has JRPG inspired verbal combat that is kind of fun, though.

How about you? Did you play any of these?

reksveks

• Earth is called the "Old Neighborhood" and there are quests that take you back.
  • There are "areas/settlements" that can be on any planet with mini-storylines and quests.
  • You can join any faction at any time and joining one doesn't lock you out of others similar to Skyrim, unlike Fallout.
  • Companions can negotiate for you and it can go good or bad depending on what they say to NPCs. Example given was an NPC blocking the MC from passing and the companion can talk to the NPC.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Despite having very few first-party exclusives in 2022, Xbox still had a pretty strong year thanks to some excellent additions to Xbox Game Pass, which grew its catalog with dozens of fantastic games, some of which were third party hits that joined the service on day one. But beyond that there were also a few titles that excelled on Microsoft's home consoles. Here are the five best Xbox games of 2022, as selected by GameSpot, as well as five honorable mentions that you need to check out ASAP.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Xbox has had quite the year. But, 2023 is a new start with some very anticipated games coming out. Here are some of the biggest games you have to look forward to in 2023 and beyond.

From Starfield to Hollow Knight to Vin Diesel on a dinosaur, Xbox has some exciting games coming out in 2023 and beyond. Dave Klein takes us through the most anticipated Xbox games of the coming year.

Timestamps:
00:00 Intro
00:26 Starfield
01:13 Redfall
02:09 Planet of Lana
02:43 Hollow Knight: Silk Song
04:04 Forza Motorsport
04:36 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2
05:30 ARK 2
06:26 Fable
07:22 Senua's Saga: Hellblade II
08:11 Outro

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Microsoft’s fourth-generation Xbox consoles, the Xbox Series X and Series S, are now entering Year 3 but with little exclusives in 2022. As such, 2023 simply must deliver for Xbox gamers who’ve invested so much in the platform. Microsoft is a trillion-dollar company who has seemingly exhausted the patience of its player base. Fortunately, though, there’s reason to be optimistic and here's everything you can expect from Xbox in 2023.

adamsapple

That is around the time for their E3.
Releasing Starfield during that period makes no sense.

The original Last of Us released on the day of E3 as well, and this date (i this is even Starfield in the first place) is a week after the current projected e3 2023 dates.

Chukhopops

Received as a gift my customized Elite Series 2 and I’m in love with it, never going back to normal triggers.

Sticks are amazing, you can set the deadzone to basically zero and literally feel the difference in response time.

Fully recommended, hope it’s durable enough to last a couple years.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Microsoft has a really good year in 2021, with the Xbox Game Studios putting out a number of great titles (including Forza Horizon 5, which was our Game of the Year last year).

The expectation was that the company would keep its momentum going in 2022- but though this year didn't quite live up to expectations for Xbox (thanks in large part to the delays of Redfall and Starfield), there were still plenty of excellent games to play on the platform throughout the year. Here, we're going to talk about the ones that stood out to us the most, before crowning one of them as the best of the best.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Was their a major console warring thread that I missed?

Both adamsapple adamsapple and CatLady CatLady lost for a month with no example post.

Yet, it has been so uneventful over the last few months outside of the ABK thread (which I didn't see much of anything recent from them). Did I miss a good thread or something? LOL

Top Bottom