• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Roberts

Maybe somebody already posted it, but Vampyr got a 60fps patch on XSX. Now I can finally finish it (I can live with 30fps in some game, but somehow this one felt really clunky). It’s a pretty solid game as far as I remember.

Topher

Gold Member
Xbox is working on a feature that mutes your speakers when a headset is plugged in.

Bill Murray Thank You GIF by filmeditor

https://knowtechie.com/xbox-is-work...s-your-speakers-when-a-headset-is-plugged-in/

SEGA_2012

I have two questions:

Are the achievement list of XBO and XBSX shared ?
Are the save data of one game shared between XBO and XBSX?

bender

What time is it?
Probably a dumb question but are there any issues if I preload FH5 now via Game Pass if I'm buying a digital code from BestBuy which will not be available until the 5th? I guess my concern is wasting my bandwidth with a redownload.

elliot5

Probably a dumb question but are there any issues if I preload FH5 now via Game Pass if I'm buying a digital code from BestBuy which will not be available until the 5th? I guess my concern is wasting my bandwidth with a redownload.
No you can preload any game even if it's not on game pass, and then it's ready for whenever you activate your license

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
fullres_halo_infinite_sacrifice_keyart_horiz_1120-68fe4cc079364f52a739434e75be63c0.jpg

halo_infinite_hope_nogun_keyart_horiz_1120-d408b3ea15194141bf68183246babe2e.jpg

Roberts

So, I played a bunch of games over the last few weeks and I hope you don’t mind if I share my thoughts on them. Played them all on XSX.

Avengers - Even though I have enjoyed a few MCU movies over the years, I have a huge superhero fatigue lately. So, I’ve been avoiding anything related to this game and when it came to GP, I wasn’t even sure what kind of game it is. That said, I downloaded it anyway and despite everything I just said, I actually completed the main storyline. It’s not bad at all. Doesn’t really feel like a Crystal Dynamics game (one of the villains looks exactly like Lara Croft, though) and if you avoid all the looter shooter side-stuff, it felt more or less like one of Sony first party games. And to be honest, not that much worse in quality of presentation or gameplay. A little bit of Uncharted, a little bit of Spider-Man and so on. Can be easily completed just by button mashing, but I tried to be creative with combat and payed off - it helps that you play with different characters who all have their own skills and weaknesses. Other than a few graphical imperfections, looks great and is smooth as butter on XSX. I would say it took me around 10-12 hours to finish the main campaign.

Sable - Finished that one as well. Enjoyed it mostly because the developers put a lot of love and imagination into the project. I though it is going to be a game like Journey, but it actually felt like a typical open world game, just without combat. There are quests as well and most of them fetch quests that are really not all that interesting. I was about to quit the game, but then decided to play it on my own terms and just explore - you come across places where you need to solve relatively easy, but fun puzzles. That is when it clicked for me. Still, it is not a very long or complicated game and don’t expect anything groundbreaking. Don’t even try to play if you are very sensitive to fps drops and graphical glitches - this game reaaaally needs a patch to fix tech stuff.

I am Fish - Has a great potential to be a fun game to play with your kids. It looks surprisingly good for an indie game (I think I read somewhere that people working on lighting were working on big games before), but it is 30 fps and it is kind of unacceptable for a game that needs you to be very precise. Quit after a few levels. If they ever do a 60fps patch, I might jump back in.

The Wild at Heart - This one of those that slowly sneak up on you and end up being one of the year’s favourite games. Nice art design, looks like a kids game, but ends up being way darker than that. Basically a 2d exploration adventure game with puzzle elements. It is surprisingly long. I think I might have played it for 20 hours or so and it doesn’t seem like the end is around the corner.

Atom RPG - Only played for an hour. Very janky Russian Fallout 1 rip-off. I will definitely get back to it when I’m done with my main games.

Echo Generation - I’m still way too early in the game to form an opinion, but it is really promising. I jokingly called it a JRPG for people who cant stand JRPGs. Also, has a bit of nostalgic value as I was a teenager in the early 90s

Unruly Heroes - Started it a year ago, but since then it got a FPS boost patch. Feels and looks great, a Raymanesque platformer with a somewhat jokey touch of Chinese folklore. Check it out before it leaves GP at the end of the month.

Disco Elysium - Again, only played for an hour to get what kind of game it is. Man, this is incredible. Out of all the games I have ever played, this one is probably the most pretentious one, but in the best way possible. Feels like Thomas Pynchon of video games.

Last edited by a moderator:

reksveks

So, I played a bunch of games over the last few weeks and I hope you don’t mind if I share my thoughts on them. Played them all on XSX.

Avengers via xcloud - I did play for 30 minutes and then got distracted or stopped cause I was tired

Sable - really enjoyed the experience

Echo Generation via xcloud - I am like the vibes and the general gameplay and its timing element.

Hades - alot of going through runs and unlocking the secret aspects, got one more weapon to do.

AI Somnium Files - two endings done but going to try and get the other ones.

Bought a couple of games but didn't start.

Roberts

Hades - alot of going through runs and unlocking the secret aspects, got one more weapon to do.
without spoiling anything: the last one (from left to right)?

if so, you are in for a treat. I know everybody has their own favourites, but that is the one that helped me in a huge way. As soon as I got it and learned to use it, I pretty much finished every new run.

Roberts

Écho Génération is awesome once you pass the beginning and the difficulty decreases a bit. It’s also a beautiful game from an art point of view, especially he 2D skies giving me flashbacks from DOS games.

b9nEh5A.jpg

EzzanmV.jpg
It reminds me of The Touryst even with the tilt shift effect they used at the beginning.

dem

Am I crazy or is left stick really unresponsive in the OS menu now? Dpad works fine. In games LS seems fine.

Roberts

Am I crazy or is left stick really unresponsive in the OS menu now? Dpad works fine. In games LS seems fine.
If anything I used to think that it is overly sensitive, but I haven’t thought about it in ages, so it is probably fine now. Will check it when I have the time.

Little Mac

I'm sorry if this is off topic but does anyone have any pointers for someone looking to buy an Xbox Series X before the holiday rush? How did you guys grab yours? Thanks for any insight.

elliot5

I'm sorry if this is off topic but does anyone have any pointers for someone looking to buy an Xbox Series X before the holiday rush? How did you guys grab yours? Thanks for any insight.
I got lucky with Best Buy restocks back in Feb. I've had some success with BB but they've seen kinda fucked it up by having that $200 subscription thing as a req for ordering consoles and shit. Same with GameStop.

Topher

Gold Member

There is an app called HotStock that helped me get one. Set it up and it will alert you when there is stock available. A key for me, though, was getting profile and payment information setup beforehand for all the vendors that it sends alerts out for. This is especially true for the Microsoft Store. nowinstock.net has tracking history (as well as alerts for stock) for consoles. See below and you'll notice the history shows stock at MS Store more than anywhere else so that will be your best bet more than likely.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

DaGwaphics

Nice to see the 512GB and 2TB storage options out. But, damn, those prices. Something about a 512GB drive for $140, yikes. Maybe that will go on sale at some point, would love to give the Series S a bit more breathing room. but don't really need the 1TB or 2TB options.

splattered

Forza Horizon 5 must be installing the full game as theres a 103 gig download in progress on my Series X.

Is there a way to push the download? I have it preordered and it's sitting there in the ready to install list w the 320mb file size or whatever it is... have tried soft and hard resets nothing seems to work, would love to get this pre-loaded.

elliot5

Is there a way to push the download? I have it preordered and it's sitting there in the ready to install list w the 320mb file size or whatever it is... have tried soft and hard resets nothing seems to work, would love to get this pre-loaded.
mine was waiting in the "Updates" section of my apps and games. Maybe uninstall and try again?

kikkis

Got series x now. Seems alright only problems I had was erratic download speeds and failed xbox app connect. It's really quiet and ninja gaiden black looked sharp.

I had to send my Elite 2 controller back to Microsoft. It had the notorious left stick drift. I had less than one month on the warranty, I got lucky. Hopefully they send me a new one. That controller is so good, I feel weird using one without paddles.

splattered

So i would like to preorder Halo Infinite digitally except all i see right now is standard campaign version for $60 ... and then there is a steelbook that comes with player and weapon skins and stuff. I think some retailers have exclusive skins too? I would prefer to preorder this digitally but i don't want to miss out on extra skins and crap i'll never use haha ... wtf Microsoft.

Last edited:

kikkis

I can't play doom eternal campaign on game pass, some say there is few mb campaign add on but I don't have even that. Any solutions?

reksveks

It’s nearly been a year since Microsoft’s Xbox Series X and Series S consoles have been on the market, and they’ve been continually growing hardware revenue for Xbox in recent months. Hardware revenue is up again this quarter by 166 percent, thanks to continued demand for Xbox Series X and Series S consoles.

Microsoft’s overall gaming revenue is also up by 16 percent, nearly $3.6 billion for the quarter and a record Q1 for Xbox. But Xbox content and services revenue has only increased by 2 percent. Microsoft says there has been some “growth in Xbox Game Pass subscriptions,” but the company isn’t listing a new figure for its subscriber count. The last publicly disclosed one was 18 million Xbox Game Pass subs in January 2021.

Microsoft Q1 2022 earnings: Office, Windows, and cloud boosts revenues - The Verge

YoY growth/loss

QfJnzic.png

Quarterly Revenue

jVMnBoA.png

Last edited:

splattered

Question is, can they close the gap any further... PS5 is a runaway train relying largely on brand name recognition at the moment. If MS can keep up the momentum they currently have this gen then the console race may be a lot closer than most were expecting.

Last edited:

Helghan

Question is, can they close the gap any further... PS5 is a runaway train relying largely on brand name recognition at the moment. If MS can keep up the momentum they currently have this gen then the console race may be a lot closer than most were expecting.
They don't need to close the gap. Xbox Series is a benchmark for their development studios to optimize the game for, and a marketing system to show that the best place to play is Xbox. But the actual important numbers are game sales and game pass subscriptions. Which is why they release their games on PC.

Top Bottom