• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

checkcola

Grats! What kinda games do you generally like?

I did download Avengers via gamepass. It is about what it was said to be, 7 out of 10 game. LOL.

I may just mess around with game pass for the time being, tbh. I really am enjoying the system (though didn't get to play much today because of a birthday party).

Jebron

I love the Series X, I’ve had it since release and this machine is amazing. The more I play with the new Series X controller, the more I hate it though. The DualSense has really won me over, and I find myself frequently going back to the older Xbox One controllers when I’m playing on my Series X.

I’m assuming most people are still quite enjoying the Series X controller, but has anyone started to dislike it over time? I’m thinking of trying the Elite V2 (mostly for the internal battery and larger size).

SirTerry-T

I did download Avengers via gamepass. It is about what it was said to be, 7 out of 10 game. LOL.

I may just mess around with game pass for the time being, tbh. I really am enjoying the system (though didn't get to play much today because of a birthday party).
It's worth downloading FS2020 just as a showpiece. It's a great demo for what hardware and a great ecosystem can achieve.

Chukhopops

It's worth downloading FS2020 just as a showpiece. It's a great demo for what hardware and a great ecosystem can achieve.
If you download Flight Sim it’s also really worth downloading some of the photogrammetry data packs and doing discovery flights.

The France one and the discovery flight in Vercors (https://flight.fandom.com/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_(2020)/Discovery_Flights) is absolutely mind blowing for lighting, draw distance and environments.

(The place is great in real life too)

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
gjCykJ7.jpg

Managed to find one, could't resist taking it home!
Send it back there’s scratches all over it 😉👍🏻

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Just renewed my GP Ultimate sub for 36 months for $165. Just like when I did my son's account, it didn't let me have the $1 promo this time and I had to pay for a month of Ultimate at $14.99. I've been buying the 12-month Gold cards from Newegg over the past month when it's on Shell Shocker and promo for $49.99. Feels good to have it out of the way and looking forward to a lot of killer gaming from GP over the next few years.

Last edited:

kikkis

I love the Series X, I’ve had it since release and this machine is amazing. The more I play with the new Series X controller, the more I hate it though. The DualSense has really won me over, and I find myself frequently going back to the older Xbox One controllers when I’m playing on my Series X.

I’m assuming most people are still quite enjoying the Series X controller, but has anyone started to dislike it over time? I’m thinking of trying the Elite V2 (mostly for the internal battery and larger size).
For me X controller is better than ds4 at least. Only problem I have with it, is that rigth stick tends to wiggle a bit if I am not super precise on press. Also bumpers are slightly hard to have pressed for long periods of time since they are fairly high. I have always disabled rumble on system level, and getting pain from triggers was greatly reduced on X controller, so I dont really want to make them even more stiff with adaptive triggers.

thebigmanjosh

Gold Member
Just got my XSX after going PC/PS4 during the XB1 era…can someone send me a recommendation for rubber bands or something to make the sticks quieter?

Some product designer at Xbox must’ve ruined millions of late night game sessions because the controller sounds like I’m smashing legos together

Last edited:

splattered

Just renewed my GP Ultimate sub for 36 months for $165. Just like when I did my son's account, it didn't let me have the $1 promo this time and I had to pay for a month of Ultimate at $14.99. I've been buying the 12-month Gold cards from Newegg over the past month when it's on Shell Shocker and promo for $49.99. Feels good to have it out of the way and looking forward to a lot of killer gaming from GP over the next few years.

I think my subscription expires June of 2022, is it best to wait for your subscription to fully deplete before working a deal to renew? I don't want to mess up my "XBL member since ..." duration by pausing this tho :/

MDSLKTR

I think my subscription expires June of 2022, is it best to wait for your subscription to fully deplete before working a deal to renew? I don't want to mess up my "XBL member since ..." duration by pausing this tho :/
Stock up on prepaid cards now my man! I converted the pc gamepass deals to ultimate till 2023

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm not sure what happens in regards to the XBL Member Since tag, but the sequence I followed is to turn off Recurring Billing and Cancel the membership a few days before it ends. Then let it lapse(just 5hrs in this case). Then redeem the 3 x XBL Gold 12-month cards and buy a month of Ultimate and it converts it all to Ultimate.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Anyone know if you can use Cloud gaming on 2 consoles that your are game sharing on? Can’t get it to work on 1 of the consoles.

DaGwaphics

Anyone else have MS rewards not letting you complete the daily set today? Won't give me credit for the quiz, bastards are going to kill my streak. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

DaGwaphics

No issues here, but when it plays up a different browser always does the trick for me, I am at 1022 days now😳😂

NGQ4L4S.jpg
I'm only at 18 days LOL, but it looks like I'm heading to zero. Tried in firefox, chrome, android and no dice it just won't mark the "show what you know" as complete. I do have the "Nice Work!" message, so maybe it did count and I'm not getting the checkmark. I'll see tomorrow.

Last edited:

Gerdav

I'm only at 18 days LOL, but it looks like I'm heading to zero. Tried in firefox, chrome, android and no dice it just won't mark the "show what you know" as complete. I do have the "Nice Work!" message, so maybe it did count and I'm not getting the checkmark. I'll see tomorrow.
Give edge a go, when it’s having tantrums with safari and chrome edge has always come through for me on iOS at least.

DaGwaphics

Give edge a go, when it’s having tantrums with safari and chrome edge has always come through for me on iOS at least.

That's where I started first, gotta get those 20 extra points.

Edit: Just tried it again and it went straight through. Disaster of epic proportions averted at this time. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
I'm so hungry for a new Halo, just sucks my life right now is not in a good spot. I keep checking the Series S and dream about Halo, but I can't buy it right now.

Hope all of you enjoy it! I'll make sure to check your opinions on it!

JLB

Banned
What a year for Xbox Studios

Halo 87 MC
FH5 92 MC
Deathloop 88 MC
Flight Sim 90 MC
Psychonauts 2 87 MC

Quality.

iLmj2MK.jpg

I have to say though that the fact that a game like It Take Two has a better score than Psychonauts 2 is mental.

DaGwaphics

I'm so hungry for a new Halo, just sucks my life right now is not in a good spot. I keep checking the Series S and dream about Halo, but I can't buy it right now.

Hope all of you enjoy it! I'll make sure to check your opinions on it!

Have you looked at any of the GP promos? They often have a special going on the first month (unless you've already done that with your account before). If you timed that right... :messenger_grinning:

kikkis

Does series x support vrr over hdmi 2.0. My monitor says on info panel that signal has vrr enabled, but I don't know if it's really true.

Have you looked at any of the GP promos? They often have a special going on the first month (unless you've already done that with your account before). If you timed that right... :messenger_grinning:
The problem is not having an Xbox nor a PC to play it (I only have a Macbook and a PS4). Man, I feel hyped even though I didn't like what I saw from the first videos. I grew up with this franchise and this will be the first Halo I will miss at launch

elliot5

The problem is not having an Xbox nor a PC to play it (I only have a Macbook and a PS4). Man, I feel hyped even though I didn't like what I saw from the first videos. I grew up with this franchise and this will be the first Halo I will miss at launch
Maybe try xCloud if you can?

b0uncyfr0

Can someone enlighten a cheap gaffer - if I change my country to the US and buy MK 11 ultimate (its only $17 there, what a steal!) - would I still be able to play on my console?

Im in the EU. Are games region-locked?

DaGwaphics

Valhalla requiring a full redownload but will shrink the size significantly.

Xbox Series smaller than PS5 after this. 🤔

Would be great if more devs did this. A lot of the cross-gen games don't appear to be using the compression as well as they should.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Just ordered a Series X through the Xbox All Access program through Best Buy. If I'm going to pay an high price (all access includes 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate), I might as well get my money's worth. Will be connecting it to my 1440p monitor. Have the S hooked up to my tv (1080p). Really impressed with this hardware outing from Microsoft this generation.

Kagey K

Banned
Can someone enlighten a cheap gaffer - if I change my country to the US and buy MK 11 ultimate (its only $17 there, what a steal!) - would I still be able to play on my console?

Im in the EU. Are games region-locked?
The 360 and older are region locked, anything on the XB1 and newer is not.

Top Bottom