• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

bender

What time is it?
Halo Infinite seems to hate Quick Resume or my XSX. It told me a didn't have an appropriate license last night and just gave me an error this morning.

nikolino840

Halo Infinite seems to hate Quick Resume or my XSX. It told me a didn't have an appropriate license last night and just gave me an error this morning.
I have readed something about quick resume of halo but i don't remember what...

Ah found..they are working on it because with the game you can unlock MP skins and they have problems

Beat the Nobody Saves the World demo. Its pretty meaty. Hell of a lot of fun.

At the very end it says thank you for playing, coming day 1 to gamepass.

Hell yeah lol.

bender

What time is it?
So many demos. I tried out:

-Nobody Saves The World: It seems sound mechanically but the visuals, UI and elements like the active quests give off a very mobile game vibe. I also am not a fan of how rigidly structured it is (do every quest which unlocks rat form and then do every quest in the first dungeon to unlock the cell door). Maybe that's just the tutorial section but it doesn't feel all that free form.
-Tunic: The visual style reminds me of a mix of 3D Dot Heroes and The Tourist except devoid of any personality which is hard to understand. The cartoon paper styled menus are really nice. Mechanically it seems to be a mix of 2D Zelda and Dark Souls with some odd design choices. Stamina drain for roll but not for swinging your weapons? I'm not feeling this at all.

What else is worth trying?

-Nobody Saves The World: It seems sound mechanically but the visuals, UI and elements like the active quests give off a very mobile game vibe. I also am not a fan of how rigidly structured it is (do every quest which unlocks rat form and then do every quest in the first dungeon to unlock the cell door). Maybe that's just the tutorial section but it doesn't feel all that free form.
-Tunic: The visual style reminds me of a mix of 3D Dot Heroes and The Tourist except devoid of any personality which is hard to understand. The cartoon paper styled menus are really nice. Mechanically it seems to be a mix of 2D Zelda and Dark Souls with some odd design choices. Stamina drain for roll but not for swinging your weapons? I'm not feeling this at all.

Aztech

Edo no yami is sick as well. Super original.

Roberts

I enjoyed both demos you mentioned, so I'm probably not the right person to recommend stuff to you, but...Death Trash is pretty great, gnarly pixelart RPG. I liked Loot River and Blind Fate which is probably the best looking one of the bunch.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Anyone in here watch the Xbox documentary. Some funny stories I had never heard before.

Talk about snakebit luck with the prototype OG Xbox units, never wanted to work when they needed them to.

elliot5

Anyone in here watch the Xbox documentary. Some funny stories I had never heard before.

Talk about snakebit luck with the prototype OG Xbox units, never wanted to work when they needed them to.
yeah i did i really enjoyed it. I like the story about Bill getting pissy about it not being full Windows inside and then finally after all the commotion someone asks "what about Sony?" and he turns over a new leaf lmao

DaGwaphics

yeah i did i really enjoyed it. I like the story about Bill getting pissy about it not being full Windows inside and then finally after all the commotion someone asks "what about Sony?" and he turns over a new leaf lmao

Yeah, that was interesting too. They say visionary people are super temperamental, I guess Bill Gates is no exception. When you see him in a picture you wouldn't think of him as such an intimidating figure. Luckily he must be super competitive too and that won out. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Good thing they didn't go with that 3DO part two console the CE team wanted to make, this thread probably wouldn't exist today.

The original add with the birth to grave in one motion thing was both funny and jarring at the same time, I don't think I ever saw that in 2001. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Last edited:

Soltype

I just snagged a Series X from Walmart, but they said it won't be here til the 4th, is that accurate? Also, they wouldn't let me do a store pick up, is that normal?

elliot5

I just snagged a Series X from Walmart, but they said it won't be here til the 4th, is that accurate? Also, they wouldn't let me do a store pick up, is that normal?
Jan 4th is the latest, but yeah Walmart is pretty fuckin' slow with deliveries it seems from what I've seen online. I also believe that's normal for these kinds of items. Dunno why though.

DaGwaphics

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

I guess it has been long enough that they can laugh about it now. Glad I only had this come up once. My launch era unit lasted til just past the end of the 3yr warranty. I should have wrapped it in a towel and fried it or something to get a free replacement. LOL

never had an OG XBOX. Was a PS2 guy. Just kinda stumbled upon the Backwards Compatibility list. Not the Xbox One list. But i mean the Xbox 360 one. As in what OG xbox games work on a 360. Saw some interesting things on there like The Thing and the Punisher. Games i really liked on PS2 and was going to rebuy (as i guess i stupidly traded them in decades ago). But instead of getting the PS2 versions again it looks like i can snag the OG Xbox ones.

so my question. What OG Xbox games have the clearly superior version compared to the PS2 version?

nikolino840

never had an OG XBOX. Was a PS2 guy. Just kinda stumbled upon the Backwards Compatibility list. Not the Xbox One list. But i mean the Xbox 360 one. As in what OG xbox games work on a 360. Saw some interesting things on there like The Thing and the Punisher. Games i really liked on PS2 and was going to rebuy (as i guess i stupidly traded them in decades ago). But instead of getting the PS2 versions again it looks like i can snag the OG Xbox ones.

so my question. What OG Xbox games have the clearly superior version compared to the PS2 version?
Well..morrowind since you never played the console version 😅 so maybe you want to try it

nikolino840

i have Morrowind on Series X 😌

im specifically looking for games that were PS2 games, that have OG xbox ports that are BC on 360 only. very niche ask maybe
I remember a video but don't remember where and what XD maybe some 2d fighting games...i think was for some gold games...i never owned myself an og xbox 😅

Soltype

Jan 4th is the latest, but yeah Walmart is pretty fuckin' slow with deliveries it seems from what I've seen online. I also believe that's normal for these kinds of items. Dunno why though.
Boo, was hoping to get it for christmas break

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

I guess it has been long enough that they can laugh about it now. Glad I only had this come up once. My launch era unit lasted til just past the end of the 3yr warranty. I should have wrapped it in a towel and fried it or something to get a free replacement. LOL
Was working at toysrus and before the extended warranty It was crazy how many people were bringing them in.

Last edited:

Aion002

Edit: Never mind... The game is Rogue Company.

Does anyone know if this is a game character:

If it is... Which game?

Every time I go to the Xbox store I see this and I wonder what game is this from... I am really curious about it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Aion002

Why not click on the tile and see what games have events lol
None of the current games with events reminds me of this art in particular... I mean other than Fortnite... But I don't think it is from Fortnite (I don't think it has the weapon from the image).

:messenger_sad_relieved:

Edit:

Found it.... It was at the end of the list...It's Rogue Company. A f2p tps game from Hirez.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

They usually do a MS rewards 'spend a certain amount to get a couple thousand points' when the holiday sale goes live. Im gonna wait to see if one gets posted.

There are some great sales going. Definitely going to add a few more titles to the already too large library. LOL

The IGN GOTY for FH5 is well deserved. Great game. Got to get back to that.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
FH5's map is pretty great but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't burnt out on the series. Kudos for the GOTY nod.

Gerdav

this Xbox documentary is fantastic so far

going to take a break after part 3 tonight
I thought the first 4 parts were brilliant, and not that they were bad as such, but episodes 5 & 6 didn’t quite hold my attention the same, they more about the last few years, and in turn became a lot more “sterile” if that makes sense, as the story was being told by mostly current staff.

checkcola

Apparently, I was a part of XBox rewards for a long time and didn't know it. I had enough points to get over 100 bucks in gift card money. I got Mass Effect Legacy when it was on sell, Resident Evil 7 (which I've never played) on sell, some older stuff like Bully.

Also, traded in my XBox One S to Gamestop and got a nice head set to go with my XBox Series X.

Last edited:

splattered

AWW MAN totally forgot to log in and watch HSC yesterday for the victory pose :( :( :( I got the weapon/armor skins but forgot to come back Sunday. Crap.

silentstorm

Looking into the Xmas sale, my first one for Xbox...this isn't that much like Steam, or i just happened to put a ton of indie or niche games that got no price decrease at all, sure, some like Skul The Hero Slayer is pretty recent but i was expecting Geometry Wars 3 to be on sale, same for One Finger Death Punch 2...i know, they are worth their full price, but still, also no Triggerheart Excelica sale and same goes for a ton of shmups.

Oh well, at least R-Type Final 2 is on sale so i got that, shame the DLC isn't on sale as well, but yeah, way less games being taken out of my wishlist than i was expecting.

Naked Lunch

Looking into the Xmas sale, my first one for Xbox...this isn't that much like Steam, or i just happened to put a ton of indie or niche games that got no price decrease at all, sure, some like Skul The Hero Slayer is pretty recent but i was expecting Geometry Wars 3 to be on sale, same for One Finger Death Punch 2...i know, they are worth their full price, but still, also no Triggerheart Excelica sale and same goes for a ton of shmups.

Oh well, at least R-Type Final 2 is on sale so i got that, shame the DLC isn't on sale as well, but yeah, way less games being taken out of my wishlist than i was expecting.
Yeah pretty disappointing. There used to be more older stuff and back compat on sale during this year end thing. The ACA Neo Geo stuff hasnt gone on sale in years at this point - and neither has the FFXIII spinoffs.

Top Bottom