• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

Jebron

What games is everyone looking forward to from Xbox first party studios this year?

I'm trying to not get my hopes up on anything, I think there's a good chance things get delayed into 2023. The only one that really gets me excited is Starfield, the rest seem pretty "meh".

reksveks

From First Party studio games announced:
- Starfield

Redfall is likely to be good but don't know enough about it.

From First Party rumoured games:
- Josh Sawyer's one
- Project Belfry is also i think rumoured to be this year

From XGS published games:
- As Dusk Falls (sucker for the little that we have seen)

I think it's a year of the Xbox Indies at the moment for me. In terms of first party studio's, I am waiting on Ninja Theory mainly.

Anybody having a problem with the guide button,I would be playing farcry 6 and when I’m finished I would press the guide button and it would take a while for it to respond.

Roberts

Anybody having a problem with the guide button,I would be playing farcry 6 and when I’m finished I would press the guide button and it would take a while for it to respond.

I’ve had it for a while now. The delay varies from game to game. Sometimes it is instant and sometimes it takes up to 2-3 seconds. I saw people discuss it on twitter but I don’t remember seeing a solution.

Banjo64

cumsessed
£95 of Reward credit boys. What to buy?

I have a Series S and Elite v2. Wanted the Wireless headset at £90 for a while but having second thoughts now. Want an Electric Volt pad as back up.

Any other suggestions?

Roberts

What games is everyone looking forward to from Xbox first party studios this year?

I'm trying to not get my hopes up on anything, I think there's a good chance things get delayed into 2023. The only one that really gets me excited is Starfield, the rest seem pretty "meh".
I've been getting more open-minded about different genres since getting GP a few years ago. Some of my favourites have been games that I would have never tried out 5,10,20 years ago, so I'm looking forward to pretty much everything MS will throw at us. Obviously, Starfield is the one I'm looking forward the most.

reksveks

Just some interesting tweets on the obsidian side

New narrative hire for TOW2 presumably

Josh Sawyer teasing his narrative choices

silentstorm

Aviable for preorder

Ignoring Sense since i don't care for horror games or the horror genre in media generally, Hatsune Miku is shocking since Xbox isn't big in Japan...but i would rather see any of the rhythm games rather than this, i like Picross don't get me wrong, but i mostly play it on smartphones, not a PC or TV screen, it's just one game that feels right on a handheld form to me.

If it was any of the Project Diva games, maybe i would consider buying the game, but for Picross on Xbox...ehhhh, even knowing that not buying the game will just translate into developers not wanting to do more Hatsune Miku stuff on Xbox in the future.

What's next, a DJ Max game for Xbox that is actually a hidden objects game?

reksveks

If it was any of the Project Diva games, maybe i would consider buying the game, but for Picross on Xbox...ehhhh, even knowing that not buying the game will just translate into developers not wanting to do more Hatsune Miku stuff on Xbox in the future.
Bought it cause for that reason plus its a playanywhere title.

Plus its only 8 quid for pre-order

Last edited:

silentstorm

For me it's almost 10 euros. i dunno, my issue is that there are already a lot of free Picross options on mobile and online, i know, they don't have vocaloid songs and themes but i guess i am not that big of a fan.

elliot5

Turn off quick resume
I think you mean suspend your game in the download queue menu if you have a game or app active in the bg.

Even then that won’t guarantee maximum speeds. If there’s something like a game running the speeds would be more like 20 Mbps not just “half”.

Soltype

Turn off quick resume
Didn't know you could turn it off.
I think you mean suspend your game in the download queue menu if you have a game or app active in the bg.

Even then that won’t guarantee maximum speeds. If there’s something like a game running the speeds would be more like 20 Mbps not just “half”.
No just hovers around 170, I wouldn't be mad if it was around 250.

silentstorm

Wow...all games i have never heard of, well, that doesn't mean anything, i think the first three are from the same people, have they ever done anything decent?

Elex...okay, i think i heard about it from CRPG fans, wasn't that a super hardcore RPG that was made for people who played the likes of old Wizardry games?

silentstorm

Well, what else has Konami done of note recently that we don't already know about?

If it was another collection, it would be bigger news, so it's either some NFT stuff or maybe we get some pachinko ports, there are pachinko video games for some reason after all.

dem

How is Big Team Battle still fucked up?

343 is the worst. They are really fucking up this Halo launch.
Game will be dead soon.

Last edited:

dem

Its gonna be fixed real soon did you not see the update

Great
Its only been broken for how many weeks?

343 is the absolute worst. They are blowing it.

Even if BTB worked... why does the menu system suck so much? Why are there not persistent lobby's? Why does it take entirely too long to start a game?

Last edited:

silentstorm

Looked at new releases, saw Spelunky 2, recalled the hours i spent with the first game...the freeware version, then the hours spent with the HD version, and bought it, yes, it's on Game Pass and full price and i don't give a damn, Derek Yu deserves it.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

2022 is shaping up to be a phenomenal year for Microsoft’s Xbox Series X/S, after an arguably subdued 2021. Gameplay reveals for upcoming titles are starting to demonstrate the graphical power of the Unreal Engine 5, the larger budgets behind some of these titles is allowing developers to maximise their game’s potential.

Many of these games will be published by Xbox Game Studios too, meaning they’ll be available day one on Xbox game pass – a win for Xbox fans.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Got my Series S yesterday to compliment my PS5. Bought Master Chief collection as first game.

Combat Evolved's gameplay is still so good after all these years. Playing with original graphics of course. Heroic difficulty (I have done Legendary in the past). Every gun outside the dumbass Needler has a time & place. Elite AI is still fantastic & seeing grunts panic & die from explosions still puts a smile on my face. What a game.

Top Bottom