• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

MikeM

Can someone explain to me like i’m five years old the “play anywhere” concept? I’m trying to see which games on the Xbox Store have this and can’t seem to find it.

Since I plan on going PC, i’d like as much of my library as possible to be played natively on PC. I typically favor PS for purchases, however this will change if play anywhere works with virtually all games.

elliot5

Can someone explain to me like i’m five years old the “play anywhere” concept? I’m trying to see which games on the Xbox Store have this and can’t seem to find it.

Since I plan on going PC, i’d like as much of my library as possible to be played natively on PC. I typically favor PS for purchases, however this will change if play anywhere works with virtually all games.
It doesn't support all games. Games have to explicitly support Play Anywhere to give dual entitlement to Xbox and PC.

Last edited:

elliot5

In the Xbox Store, is it listed anywhere? If so, where?
On console? Should be under the "Capabilities" tags if labeled property. Like so:

unknown.png

You can just purchase via the web to make it easier though

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

With Starfield & Redfall getting delay to 2023
2022 is looking barebone for Xbox 1st party games

They'll probably need to open that checkbook more than they wanted for GP this year, otherwise this year probably won't have the growth we've seen. We can hope for that at least. :messenger_beaming: I'm not even necessarily talking day ones, just loading the back of the year with high profile games would help keep GP pumping along in the momentum department.

This shows you why they made the big move for Activision, they still needed more studios to ensure a steady flow of content. With all the big acquisitions, we might be heading in to 2023 with primarily just Forza, Gears, and Halo released. That definitely needs to change going forward.

Maybe they still have some surprises for us.

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
They'll probably need to open that checkbook more than they wanted for GP this year, otherwise this year probably won't have the growth we've seen. We can hope for that at least. :messenger_beaming: I'm not even necessarily talking day ones, just loading the back of the year with high profile games would help keep GP pumping along in the momentum department.

This shows you why they made the big move for Activision, they still needed more studios to ensure a steady flow of content. With all the big acquisitions, we might be heading in to 2023 with primarily just Forza, Gears, and Halo released. That definitely needs to change going forward.

Maybe they still have some surprises for us.
I expect they had a game/month planned going into the holiday, and that just got screwed.

Now Sept/Nov have blanks, but even if they don't find something to fill it, I doubt I'm running out of games soon.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We're still waiting on Microsoft's big studio acquisitions to bear fruit, but in the meantime, there are still plenty of games to play on the Xbox Series X right now. These are our picks for the top 10 xbox series X games. These 10 best xbox series X games are mixture of console exclusives, and multiplatform games that we feel can't be missed on the platform.

DaGwaphics

I expect they had a game/month planned going into the holiday, and that just got screwed.

Now Sept/Nov have blanks, but even if they don't find something to fill it, I doubt I'm running out of games soon.

True. I've been trying to work through the backlog a bit anyway.

Rossco EZ

I don't know if there is screws on back plate but at least with ps4, I managed strip one screw with just two cleanings. So be careful.
thanks.
there’s two hidden screws behind the stickers on the back of the console, i’ve watched a few videos on youtube and it seems pretty easy to take the panel off. none of the videos mention voiding warranty though.

my console is clean as every 1-2 months i use an electric dust blower on it but i’ve noticed on the heat sink there’s a bit of dust build up that won’t blow off so wanted to open it up to get to it better

I have a PS5, a gaming PC I'm very happy with, and GamePass for PC. However, I have been looking for a decent reason/excuse to chase after a Series X. Is there any compelling argument for someone like me to get one?

Pantz

Gold Member
I have a PS5, a gaming PC I'm very happy with, and GamePass for PC. However, I have been looking for a decent reason/excuse to chase after a Series X. Is there any compelling argument for someone like me to get one?
- Backwards compatibility like Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon
- Easier to get games working on console than pc a lot of the time, especially older ones
- Rewards app
- Different setup for console such as console + tv and couch vs computer at desk on monitor
- Graphics settings are already pre configured for you, targeting 4K TV's. So, you just load the game and go in most cases. No need to mess with shadow detail or other settings to try and find a good framerate.
- More games overall if you get GP Ultimate since not all are on PC

I mostly play on console for the ease of access but also have a gaming PC for games that seem better fit to play on PC and if they have ultrawide support especially.

Kimahri

Banned

There are pretty pixel games, and then there are ugly pixel games.

Most are ugly. So if you don't have the skill to make it gorgeous, why bothet? This is just pixel game #274840, completely forgettable.

Game might be good, of course, but these bland pixel graphics are so off putting to me.

Compare this to little witch in the woods that just came out on gp. Night and day.

dem

Am I crazy or is Fortnite running crappy on the Series X the last few days? It seems all jittery/choppy where it used to be smooth as silk..

Kagey K

Banned
Looks like Aven Colony and Super Meat Boy are the first half of June's Games With Gold and are available to claim already.

GinSama

With the revival of Alan wake . Do you guys think that we may have a Quantum Break revival as well??

I love remedy games and I bought a Xbox 360 and one because of this two games. Don’t care if is exclusive or not. Btw who owns the ip?

ZywyPL

Banned
With the revival of Alan wake . Do you guys think that we may have a Quantum Break revival as well??

I love remedy games and I bought a Xbox 360 and one because of this two games. Don’t care if is exclusive or not. Btw who owns the ip?

I revisited QB last week, and man I'd die for a sequel. Dunno who has the rights for IP tho, Remedy or MS?

GinSama

I revisited QB last week, and man I'd die for a sequel. Dunno who has the rights for IP tho, Remedy or MS?
Been playing the last few days. The universe of quantum break, control and Alan wake is amazing. I still waiting for a tv series writing by Sam Lake.

I know that the sales of QB were not that good. But Alan wake also was nothing amazing and the sequel is coming…..

Top Bottom