• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

elliot5

If it's $25, you get game pass ultimate for $5 a person.

That is a hell of a value for the amazing deal, although it will muddy how they report game pass numbers.

Will they include each person sharing the account as a separate game pass count ? or only the 'parent' one ?
only the account holder is billed. It won't split it up evenly to accounts added.

splattered

I am no longer willing to participate in Sony's ecosystem. So I'll take whatever morsels they provide on Steam.

Really? It bothers you that much? Just because they are expanding out into untraditional territory doesn't mean they aren't worth still supporting. Unless you're angry about the weird stuff like $70 games and price hike on the system? Dunno

T-Cake

Really? It bothers you that much? Just because they are expanding out into untraditional territory doesn't mean they aren't worth still supporting. Unless you're angry about the weird stuff like $70 games and price hike on the system? Dunno

- Yes, I refuse to pay $70 for games.
- PS+ is shit compared to Game Pass, missing stuff that could be there like The Order 1886, Knack II, (why is Spiderman PS5 not there, instead the old PS4 version is?) and re-adding games available previously on PS Now (Yakuza games) somehow seems to be acceptable as "new additions" on the revamped PS+ service.
- The PC app for PS+ is also total shit - no basic search function - and half the titles aren't even there.
- Why haven't they upgraded their cloud streaming with PS5 hardware yet?
- Charging $10 to upgrade a PS4 game to PS5 is not fantastic.

There are so many little things Sony has done or are doing that leave a bad taste in my mouth and I wanted out. So I sold my PS5 and I'm done with them now.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

- Yes, I refuse to pay $70 for games.
- PS+ is shit compared to Game Pass, missing stuff that could be there like The Order 1886, Knack II, (why is Spiderman PS5 not there, instead the old PS4 version is?) and re-adding games available previously on PS Now (Yakuza games) somehow seems to be acceptable as "new additions" on the revamped PS+ service.
- The PC app for PS+ is also total shit - no basic search function - and half the titles aren't even there.
- Why haven't they upgraded their cloud streaming with PS5 hardware yet?
- Charging $10 to upgrade a PS4 game to PS5 is not fantastic.

There are so many little things Sony has done or are doing that leave a bad taste in my mouth and I wanted out. So I sold my PS5 and I'm done with them now.

I generally just pickup a PS closer to the end of the gen and then you can play anything you missed on the cheap. I jumped in last time when the PS4 slim launched.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

According to City Connection's site - Magical Night Dreams Cotton 1 and 2 + Guardian Force are coming to Xbox.
Really rad to see these shmups jump over.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Xbox had their biggest sales week for Series consoles lifetime this week in Japan. Series in general has been doing remarkably well for an Xbox console in Japan in 2022.

Fbm_COgWQAE_ep1

TGS is coming soon, they should strike the iron while its hot and bring more Japanese content to game pass.

Tails of Arise, maybe ?

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned

Xbox had their biggest sales week for Series consoles lifetime this week in Japan. Series in general has been doing remarkably well for an Xbox console in Japan in 2022.

Fbm_COgWQAE_ep1

TGS is coming soon, they should strike the iron while its hot and bring more Japanese content to game pass.

Tails of Arise, maybe ?

Maybe Japanese poeple weren't bluffing when they said they were pissed off about that price hike. 🤷‍♂️

reksveks

They said "as of today" when they announced it, but I haven't been bothered to check
Yeah, Japan was supposed to be like 15th September and the rest was supposed to be immediately.

Ranking will be skewed by the fact that it's behind an invitation process.

CJhAVbN.jpg

Smyth's updated though

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Saw a YT video today that was pondering what MS should release for the holidays a white XSX or a white Elite 2 (or both).

I'd go with a diskless, white XSX/FH5 bundle for $449.

What are your ideas regarding what MS could do to spice up the holidays this year?

Maybe they have a DLC lined up or something GP related to liven things up if there is nothing hardware related (or maybe in combination with that).

Last edited:

elliot5

Saw a YT video today that was pondering what MS should release for the holidays a white XSX or a white Elite 2 (or both).

I'd go with a diskless, white XSX/FH5 bundle for $449.

What are your ideas regarding what MS could do to spice up the holidays this year?
The white elite 2 has been leaked and passed around for a long time now. Recently resurfaced in the flesh. I wouldn’t expect a white Series X though. No custom designs at retail outside of limited editions like the Infinite one prob until stock is more stable like 2024.

Spice up holidays by having a banger series s bundle

DaGwaphics

The white elite 2 has been leaked and passed around for a long time now. Recently resurfaced in the flesh. I wouldn’t expect a white Series X though. No custom designs at retail outside of limited editions like the Infinite one prob until stock is more stable like 2024.

Spice up holidays by having a banger series s bundle

That's true. The XSS will probably always be a big seller at the holidays.

Maybe they could do a XSS + GP bundle. Get a system and over 100 games, that'd be a good deal.

WoodyStare

Load 3 1-year xbox live gold to your account then buy gpu and it’ll convert to gpu 1:1. You can’t have an active existing gpu sub though
Also make sure auto renew is turned off, and don't accept any offers by turning it on. Didn’t have this issue myself, but just a heads up because it messes everything up.

Last edited:

splattered

So if I'm on the monthly GPU right now just cancel it and turn off auto renew, load 3 years of xbl gold then sign up for GPU again? I'm wondering how this would affect the GPU family plan as that's where my household really need to look at going as soon as it's out.

elliot5

So if I'm on the monthly GPU right now just cancel it and turn off auto renew, load 3 years of xbl gold then sign up for GPU again? I'm wondering how this would affect the GPU family plan as that's where my household really need to look at going as soon as it's out.
Yes. You can just transfer to the family plan and it will convert every 30 days to 18 days family plan upon signing up. It’s still the best value to do it this way even if you end up going family plan.

adamsapple

The conversion is fantastic for single users, but if you already have a few folks to go with you, you're just paying $5 per person for the family plan per month. I don't think you'd even need to worry about conversion there.

5d5oKaa.jpg

Stacked another three years of Gold and did the conversion again. Lots coming out in that time too, can’t wait.

Nice. 2025 crew represent !

mxbison

Thinking about buying a XSX since I already have 3 years GP Ultimate.

My TV only has 1 HDMI 2.1. ports though and I also have a PS5. How much is 120hz and VRR used in games on XSX right now? I really don't want to keep switching ports....

DaGwaphics

My TV only has 1 HDMI 2.1. ports though and I also have a PS5. How much is 120hz and VRR used in games on XSX right now? I really don't want to keep switching ports....

VRR is used or is best if used in many situations. That's not a mode you turn on in Xbox games. The 120fps mode is more optional.

Not sure if you could use and HDMI 2.1 switch and get VRR to run through there, I know those always block freesync. Maybe they are figuring in the HDMI VRR standard, however.

T-Cake

Xbox supports VRR way better than PS5. I would swap the PS5 out to a HDMI 2.0 port and put the Xbox in the 2.1

DaGwaphics

I know this is just from Pax that has already been discussed, but I hadn't seen the full clip regarding fable. Hopefully it turns out great, you know they are going to create a beautiful world for it.

Gerdav

Just buy a HDMI 2.1 switch, I have a Series X and PS5 going through one, 120hz and VRR work perfectly through it on both consoles.

This is the one I have.

adamsapple

I think Idle Sloth is reaching a bit here with this as a hint to game pass.

But it is interesting to note that Ubi have updated all the recent games dashboard icons to be uniform.

T-Cake

I think it’s simply to celebrate the 15 year anniversary. I remember them changing the cover for AC Ezio Collection when Watch Dogs: Legion was coming out.

DaGwaphics

I had forgotten all about that. Good on them for making it good via the store credit. Ironic that the users with the Cyberpunk console can't play the whole game on it.

Cool looking console, although that base would go in a closet somewhere. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Top Bottom