• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
That was a good Nintendo Direct for Xbox news :D

- Crisis core release date
- Fatal Frame announcement
- Goldeneye HD announcement

edit: scratch that, that was also a good PS Showcase for games coming to Xbox as well.

Great day for new game announcements and Xbox didn't even have to lift a finger for it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

reinking

Gold Member
That was a good Nintendo Direct for Xbox news :D

- Crisis core release date
- Fatal Frame announcement
- Goldeneye HD announcement

edit: scratch that, that was also a good PS Showcase for games coming to Xbox as well.

Great day for new game announcements and Xbox didn't even have to lift a finger for it :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Or you know? ...just a great day for game news. No reason to make it warrior material.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Or you know? ...just a great day for game news. No reason to make it warrior material.

Isn't there always a reason?

Wink Reaction GIF

Seriously though, these events always feature some cross-platform stuff. I'll have to watch the Sony stream tomorrow.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA

DaGwaphics

Every game should have native keyboard and mouse possibility. It doesn't hurt, and it was in the build, just disabled anyway.

That could make me move from pc as its my only gripe with a console.

I'm with you. It's great for players like me that like the convenience of console, but like to play at a desk with a monitor. With both Xbox and PS supporting it as good as they do, I don't see why you don't include it.

adamsapple

Every game should have native keyboard and mouse possibility. It doesn't hurt, and it was in the build, just disabled anyway.

That could make me move from pc as its my only gripe with a console.

Im actually pleasantly surprised a decent number of games already do. playing through visual novels is easier with keyboard imo.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I'm with you. It's great for players like me that like the convenience of console, but like to play at a desk with a monitor. With both Xbox and PS supporting it as good as they do, I don't see why you don't include it.
Yeah a PC can do both, why can't the console? It's a choice from the devs.

I might get bashed for it, but I love my Xim when playing stuff like outer worlds or dead island on my console. It's far from native, but I am just more comfortable using keyboard and mouse.
Im actually pleasantly surprised a decent number of games already do. playing through visual novels is easier with keyboard imo.
Many games are starting to support it.

CoD, aliens fireteam, Microsoft first party titles and a lot of others supports it as well.

Hopefully it is the beginning and not a thing becoming stale soon.

Kagey K

Banned
I'm trying to restack my gold (it expired today) and it let me put in 1 code fine and now I get try again later for the other 2.

Xbox says there's no issues so I'm like wtf.

adamsapple

I'm trying to restack my gold (it expired today) and it let me put in 1 code fine and now I get try again later for the other 2.

Xbox says there's no issues so I'm like wtf.

That's weird, I've never had that issue, give it an hour or so and try again later. Maybe the servers are over stressed right now ?

Kagey K

Banned
That's weird, I've never had that issue, give it an hour or so and try again later. Maybe the servers are over stressed right now ?
That's what I'm doing. I figure maybe because it expired today I have to wait until tomorrow.

But the 1st year worked fine

Naked Lunch

This is old news at this point but no clue how I missed one of Saturn's best shumps came out earlier this year on Xbox - its even part of the Saturn Tribute line.
The more premium price seems to be for all the extra bells a whistles they added similar to M2's Shot Triggers.
Layer Section - Galactic Attack [S-Tribute]
apps.55218.14011794529895904.6efa22d4-0819-44c6-85d6-f3a5644411f1.e744355b-4289-4218-8d14-7c5d20fe2d35

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

So is it now a new feature, that we always need to do a full shutdown, if we really want to shutdown a Xbox Series X?
I have both of my XSX on Energy Saver Mode, no auto Updates etc. and it is still on "Instant On" for like 5-10 minutes after shutting it down through the guide menu.
The Controller blinks for a minutes too.
Is it a bug or a feature?

Gerdav

So is it now a new feature, that we always need to do a full shutdown, if we really want to shutdown a Xbox Series X?
I have both of my XSX on Energy Saver Mode, no auto Updates etc. and it is still on "Instant On" for like 5-10 minutes after shutting it down through the guide menu.
The Controller blinks for a minutes too.
Is it a bug or a feature?
No it’s not a new feature I have always had energy saver mode on, it’s always been like this going back to the Xbox One, it’s checking for system updates and game updates and will download and install them if found, and syncing your save data etc.

RaZoR No1

No it’s not a new feature I have always had energy saver mode on, it’s always been like this going back to the Xbox One, it’s checking for system updates and game updates and will download and install them if found, and syncing your save data etc.
This issue started for me with Aug. / Sep. Update.
I unchecked all auto update for console and games, but it still wont shut down fully.
I just dont want to brake something, because I always turn off the power socket completely after my gaming session

Gerdav

This issue started for me with Aug. / Sep. Update.
I unchecked all auto update for console and games, but it still wont shut down fully.
I just dont want to brake something, because I always turn off the power socket completely after my gaming session
If the boxes are unchecked for auto updates then I don’t know if what your experiencing is normal behaviour, I think game and save data should be no issues but if it’s in the middle of doing a system update there is definitely potential there for bricking the console.

Top Bottom