• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

splattered

I would LOVE another Gears entry... just with a better story this time. There were a few things i didn't like about #5 ... the half assed ending and the semi-open worlds felt a little too barren. I wish there were more enemy encampments scattered around the maps with cool rewards like Halo Infinite has (unique weapon rewards etc)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Why couldn't they give the name a proper title.

SOPFFO ?

CsFpTJZ.jpg

Kagey K

Banned
Hoping for some Shocktober sales soon instead of waiting until the last week of October. Started my annual Dead Rising playthroughs last night. I couldn't wait until Sat.

adamsapple

Hoping for some Shocktober sales soon instead of waiting until the last week of October. Started my annual Dead Rising playthroughs last night. I couldn't wait until Sat.

A horror game or two for game pass will be a nice surprise as well. RE are probably locked down by Sony marketing, but the last Fatal Frame game or another one or two would be great.

Kagey K

Banned
A horror game or two for game pass will be a nice surprise as well. RE are probably locked down by Sony marketing, but the last Fatal Frame game or another one or two would be great.
Just waiting on Fatal Frame. Already bought it full price on Wii U back in the day, so I want a deep sale.
Fatal Frame and Quarry are my most wanted this year. I wish the original 2 FF games were BC as well, as it is my favorite horror series.

DaGwaphics

Fatal Frame and Quarry are my most wanted this year. I wish the original 2 FF games were BC as well, as it is my favorite horror series.

Quarry is one of those games that I suspect might land on one of the sub services fairly quickly. I've been holding off on that one because of that, though there have been some decent sales on it already.

splattered

Is Battlefield 2042 worth installing and checking out again at this point? I deleted it a couple months after launch to make space on my internal before i had the seagate external expansions... installing it again right now to see if it's improved any. Bought Ultimate version at launch and just never played it.

adamsapple

I've been playing Isolation and Fireteam Elite. I thought about buying that one too.

Unfortunately it never got FPS or Res boost, so you'll be stuck at 720p/30 FPS.

But if you can manage to get that game on PC, and run it at a higher resolution and 60 FPS, it is good. Not that Monolith AvP 2 good, but good.

adamsapple

I have no idea what this "Worlds of Bethesda" thing is, but it looks like we might get an official confirmation of Redfall's release date here seeing the image being used

Welp I finally broke down and hopped on the series X train ! Been sitting on $240 in Gamestop credit for a year waiting to buy a new series x but they never have them , so I bought a "refurb" one instead since that's all they ever have (and even then they dont have them in stock very often). But at least it was only $460.

Also took advantage of the small sale retailers had on memory upgrades and bit the bullet on the 2tb card. Thankfully had a bunch of Amazon gift cards that covered most of the cost.

So I will have 3tb of glorious hard drive space ! I am pumped. Got a bunch of 360 and xbone games I will install . I should prettymuch never have to worry about hard drive space.

Looking forward to an Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 playthrough to start.

Now I just need a decent TV to pair with it.

adamsapple

Welp I finally broke down and hopped on the series X train ! Been sitting on $240 in Gamestop credit for a year waiting to buy a new series x but they never have them , so I bought a "refurb" one instead since that's all they ever have (and even then they dont have them in stock very often). But at least it was only $460.

Also took advantage of the small sale retailers had on memory upgrades and bit the bullet on the 2tb card. Thankfully had a bunch of Amazon gift cards that covered most of the cost.

So I will have 3tb of glorious hard drive space ! I am pumped. Got a bunch of 360 and xbone games I will install . I should prettymuch never have to worry about hard drive space.

Looking forward to an Elden Ring and Dying Light 2 playthrough to start.

Now I just need a decent TV to pair with it.

If you can find a decent PC Monitor with HDMI or Freesync VRR, that will also pair very nicely with the console.

If you can find a decent PC Monitor with HDMI or Freesync VRR, that will also pair very nicely with the console.
I kinda want a bigger 50ish inch screen I think. Literally have not bought a new "primary" TV since 2008 lol. Have 2 old Panasonic plasmas and love them but they use an insane amount of electricity, like 375 watt range. Think my plan will be to see what sort of black Friday sales pop up over the next month.

Not a techie really but will try to get one with 4k , vrr. Any other features I should look for with the TV? 120mhz maybe ?

adamsapple

I kinda want a bigger 50ish inch screen I think. Literally have not bought a new "primary" TV since 2008 lol. Have 2 old Panasonic plasmas and love them but they use an insane amount of electricity, like 375 watt range. Think my plan will be to see what sort of black Friday sales pop up over the next month.

Not a techie really but will try to get one with 4k , vrr. Any other features I should look for with the TV? 120mhz maybe ?

At this stage most 120hz TVs should have HDMI VRR in them by default, but I'd say its always good to confirm that your TV supports HDMI based VRR (Hdmi 2.1 standard) before finalizing a purchase.

That should be the main thing.

Kagey K

Banned

If you are looking at the high end go for a LG Oled.

Low end go for the TCL 5 or 6 series

Top Bottom