• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox owner : i sure miss some good (console) exclusives

Should i keep my XSX and also get a PS5 now ? I miss those exclusives dammit !

• Total voters

nial

Gold Member
yeah but you gotta be save, playing online with friends n shit for one. while crossplay is more and more common, sometimes the chat is broken n shit, so it's nice to have all options.

I didn't touch my switch since Metroid, but I still glad I got it
Yes, fair point. I quite enjoy playing MK8D with my family, but on the other hand, I don't like modern Nintendo exclusives (post 2017) as much as other people. The Wii U used to be ridiculed and all, but at least they still had their charm and experimentation present in some of their titles (Captain Toad, Splatoon, BOTW, etc.). These days they're too safe and boring, so I can't see myself getting a Switch 2, honestly.

Banned
Yes, fair point. I quite enjoy playing MK8D with my family, but on the other hand, I don't like modern Nintendo exclusives (post 2017) as much as other people. The Wii U used to be ridiculed and all, but at least they still had their charm and experimentation present in some of their titles (Captain Toad, Splatoon, BOTW, etc.). These days they're too safe and boring, so I can't see myself getting a Switch 2, honestly.

I mean Dread was imo the best Metroid game ever made.

but they do release very boring stuff currently yes

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Get the PlayStation 5 now and keep your Xbox Series X.

I own both with Xbox Series X being my primary gaming console so even when there's no console exclusive that I want to play, it doesn't matter because I play the third party multi-platform games on the console and getting a few of them day one in Game Pass is a huge bonus for me.

PlayStation 5 is my secondary console exclusives only console. As long as I get two console exclusives for PlayStation 5 a year, im good.

//DEVIL//

As a previous console only owner . Nothing I loved more than exclusives.its was defined buying a console. It was fun bringing the game list on each console and start comparing when I was young. Even during first grades and stuff it was super Nintendo vs Sega mega drive and shit. Was always fun.

If consoles games exclusives still exist and not on PC like the old days, I'll never buy a PC for gaming. Just ps and Xbox and best multiplatform version on whatever console.

Right now as an adult. PC only and will get all playstation and Xbox games on one system without having to pay to play online and stupid shit like that

Also I love game trainers . I am used to them right now because some times I just want to enjoy the story and I don't want to keep on dying or whatever of take forever on menu upgrading every few mins

Last edited:
I'll never understand the obsession with exclusives. Or now, console exclusives in the case of Xbox. Console exclusives seem more petty to worry about. I think we all understand that MS dropped the ball in 2022, but they had an amazing 2021 and 2020, and GamePass made up for 2022 for me personally.

As long as the games are good, I don't give a shit if other gamers get access to them. In fact, give it to them. The more the merrier. As long as I get them on GamePass and I can play them with the SX UI and controller, I'm good.

ZoukGalaxy

Get the PS5 meow !
Cat GIF by Annapurna Interactive

(And sell or use the XSX as a table until some real exclusives comes... one day)
pCi6oh1.jpg

Last edited:

Power Pro

The replies in this thread come off as overly harsh, and I'm just getting real tired of the negativity towards other people daring to have a different perspective than their own.

Exclusives are important, especially for those people who can only get one console, maybe two consoles. When you spend so much of your hard earned money on an expensive machine, you want to feel that that purchase was justified, or that you made the right choice. Why people don't understand this, and see it only as "whining" is beyond me.

And no, I am not one of these people, I own every console, and have a powerful PC. I like to keep my options open. At the same time, I empathize with people who are stuck with one or the other. If I bought and Xbox Series X, and that's all I had, I would feel a little bummed because I would think I made the wrong choice because of the lack of exclusives. I would feel I was missing out.

You can't blame someone for feeling that way either, because we're not all hooked into the game industry with an IV. We're not all privy to every type of deal going on between companies, or what is planned for exclusivity. And even those of us who are aware of the industry in more detail, we've been told one thing for years, and have been seriously getting a lack of that on the Xbox lately. They hyped up Halo Infinite a lot prior to the console's launch, and it kinda came out like a wet fart. Halo used to be one of the biggest gaming launches ever, and I couldn't even be bothered to download this latest one personally.

There are some good games to be had on Game Pass to be sure, but I also think the service hurts the impact a lot of these games have. There's something very "streaming service" about Game Pass games. With a few exceptions, nothing has stood out to me on the service that was made with the service in mind, and they don't feel like they stand the test of time. The games that are good on there often just seem like deals that were made to get them on the service, but not made with Game Pass in mind.

Markio128

My experience pretty much mirrors your own; I loved the OG Xbox - absolutely brilliant collection of games. However, there is no way I would have survived with just a Series X these last couple of years because, like you say, the kind of games that I love have been almost non-existent on the system. I’ve been really tempted to get rid, but I know I’d only want one as soon as Starfield, or something else decent came out for it.

Codes 208

Halo and gears fell off hard last gen. That and the rise of fromsoft (bloodborne specifically) and the return of GoW was enough to convert me from xbox/nintendo to ps4-5/pc/nintendo

Halo infinite merely cemented that xbox just isnt my thing any more.

zzill3

Banned
The replies in this thread come off as overly harsh, and I'm just getting real tired of the negativity towards other people daring to have a different perspective than their own.

Because it's just yet another moaning about xbox thread.
Xbox doesn't lack console exclusives - there's a load of them, especially if the comparison is against PS5 and so includes games released for xbox and switch.

It might lack console exclusives that you like, but that doesn't mean it lacks exclusives.

MiguelItUp

How the hell is it possible to care so much about this topic? Play games, enjoy them. JFC.
Exactly. Who cares about exclusives? Care about games that you find entertaining and enjoyable. Do whatever makes you the happiest. If you think that missing out on Sony IPs will bum you out, well, then keep the XSX and buy a PS5.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Because it's just yet another moaning about xbox thread.
Xbox doesn't lack console exclusives - there's a load of them, especially if the comparison is against PS5 and so includes games released for xbox and switch.

It might lack console exclusives that you like, but that doesn't mean it lacks exclusives.

If this is just "just yet another thread moaning about xbox" it means that there is a problem regarding exclusives and/or quality titles.

I'm very sorry guys and gals but looking at some of the replies I get the feeling that some people are so jaded and cynic that you can't have an actual healthy discussion about...anything really.
If you dare to express your own opinion you're immediately labeled as a "whiner" and or a fanboy, and that's the reason why I don't participate as much as I'd like in this forum, I mean, shouldn't a forum be a place where people discuss things ? Apparently not since things devolve into the usual Vs bullshit and/or snarky/ drive-by shit-posts/comments with people replying to others like they're some friggin bots on the other end of their screen, it's just miserable in the end , no humanity, no respect whatsoever, everything is a meme, then again, this is the internet we're talking about so it doesn't really come as a surprise.

Let me put it this way :
Are we not able or allowed to express our thoughts and/or opinions in here ? Are we supposed to only express positive opinions about X brand ? Why ?
As an example, I recently spent a good amount of money on an LG OLED C2, yes, the picture is very, very good but the webOS 6 is some of the worst s@it I've ever seen on a TV - am I not allowed to say so ? Am I suddenly an anti-LG troll? I mean shit, I spent my hard earned money on something , am I not allowed to share my thoughts ?
This is the problem , people playing the Capo's with other people wallets , then again, that's what real "brand royalty" does to some people (and yet, accuse other people of the same thing) - people have always been like this though when it comes to their "precious" things , be it a soccer team, a car/motorcycle brand , phone brand etc etc, those are the real "fanboys" with an actual (complex) agenda.

I explained my train of though in my 1st post regarding the exclusivity thing and I also said to try to not go down the "usual path®" these threads go and what happens ? The usual 5-6 suspects show up in here (I'm not that new in here boys) trying to stir shit up , why ? Can't you have a calm, normal and healthy discussion ? Why does everything have to delve into the usual Vs bullshit and "LOL You're trying to farm Sonypoints©" ? Are you that fookin' jaded ? I mean, JFC at some of these replies, you'd think that you'd stepped on their dog's tail but nope, it's the usual Internet forum misery, why ? Aren't you supposed to be better than the "other" forum were no actual opinions are allowed ? Practice what you preach boyos 😉 (or at the very least , try to).

It's kinda funny actually, apparently you can't mention Xbox and Playstation in the same topic since the Vs wars are always lurking somewhere in the background, why ? These are fookin' plastic boxes that run games in the end, are some of you so jaded that can't fathom other people having different opinions? It'd be kind of fun if the majority of users were 18 years old max but to think that there are actual grown men trying the same ol'tired BS in here is just tiring.

No, I don't want people to necessarily agree with my opinion(s) nor do I need the poll results as to know what to do with my purchases, that's all for the sake of fun and (trying) to have an actual discussion about this common hobby of ours, that's it...

Just try to be cool, no need to be angry or cynic all the damned time.
Cheers

Last edited:

ungalo

Xbox exclusives will not be what you're expecting. They will be more creative and diverse but noticeably smaller.

If you really want blockbusters, Sony is going to produce a lot more, that's pretty obvious.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ask yourself this, does XSX has games you want to play, both currently out now and future release? If the answers is yes then keep XSX and buy PS5.

I think these days majority of people own more than one gaming system.

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Keep the XSX. Get the PS5 later in gen.

XBX is my primary - ironically due to exclusives I play with established crew (Gears, halo).

Been like this since 360. However, while Sony builds their exclusives library during a gen, it gets too tempting. I end up pulling the trigger mid-gen on a PS. I end up playing thru like 5-6 PS exclusives and get them on the cheap.

Lasha

I'm only really hurting for news about everwild. I still play Halo, Forza, and Sea of Thieves regularly enough to be satisfied. Sea of Thieves has set my expectations high for everwild.

You know the kinds of games each box has exclusively, pick the one that has the greater amount of games you want to play if you can only afford one choice. There's also the argument to save up a grand to buy a mid-tier PC that can last the gen at acceptable fidelity.

Ok guys and gals, please let's try to be civil and not go down that route again, this is not a Vs thread so, all the angry internet people might skip this thread altogether as to avoid the (unfortunately) toxic behavior that plagues these kind of threads, having said that :

Have been enjoying various games on gamepass but - and here's the thing guys and gals - i miss some damned good console exclusives dammit, sure, we had Halo infinite , Forza Horizon 5 and MS Flight sim but, never was a racing fan nor a flight sim type fan, halo Infinite on the other hand...the less i say the better.

Thanks in advance for chiming in boys and girls, cheers !
welcome to the neogaf sock hop?...

BabyYoda

Banned
PC has it's issues, but it's the only format you need now and it'll save you ton of money if you build it yourself. You have to have some patience though, between waiting for PS exclusives to arrive and for patches to fix games etc.

sendit

Sell the XSX. Get a PS5 for exclusives. Get a decent gaming PC to play Xbox games. Eventually, the only platform you'll need is a PC once Sony does day 1 exclusives.

Last edited:
Keep the XSX. Gamepass is the best undisputed subscription service in gaming, period. Backward compatibility on top of that is just the icing on the cake.

But I want to hold you off on a PS5 purchase because we are almost halfway into the Gen, and I don't recommend paying more than MSRP for a product that released 2+ years ago. Supply chains are rapidly improving, but most importantly, between Oct 2023 - Oct 2024, we will get a PS5 Pro and XSXX, just like PS4 Pro and the One X.

The boost in power will be significant and will be helpful for PSVR2 and current Gen only games going forward. So, wait this year out at least, to hear about the insider hardware leaks that will pop up during the middle of this year.

Moses85

You already have a PS4 for the cross-gen exclusives and an XSX to play the multiplats, so getting a PS5 will give you access to what, 3 new games?

If I were you I'd just wait. I'm sure there are more than enough games on Xbox to keep you entertained and, once the PS5 has more actual current-gen exclusives, go and grab one.
By that point they might have already released a Slim or Pro model so that'd be a plus too.
Demon‘s Souls
Forspoken
Returnal
RaC RA
TLOU PI Remake
Ghostwire Tokyo
+ Option to enjoy PS4 games in 60FPS

Practise counting OP ;)

Banjo64

cumsessed
As I get older I’m starting to think exclusives are getting redundant. I’ve played and completed Tinykin, Portal and A Short Hike recently - all excellent games that aren’t exclusive to any platform. If Naughty Dog we’re independent they still could have made Uncharted (maybe it wouldn’t have looked as good), just look at Tomb Raider 2013 for proof. Good games are just good games, I’d play High on Life if you haven’t already and then look forward to Starfield, Wo Long, Silksong etc next year on Xbox.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I tend to play what interests me. Exclusivity has zero bearing on my choices.

There’s a gazillion strong third party releases on Xbox, but if you’re missing Sony’s first party releases then buy a PS5. You should be weighing this stuff before you plunk $500 on a console.

Yea, Xbox's getting some big games this 2023, but you said you don't care about them and you don't expect anything from Starfield, and at the same time you are really hyped about games like next Final Fantasy's.

You pretty much answered yourself, either get a PS5 or if you can spend a bit more get a PC.

TLZ

Banned
A) i don't have the time nowadays to play that much plus, trying to justify owning 2 consoles, B) the still ridiculous prices/scalping over here in Euroland (700€ even from Amazon.it) and the fact that you can't walk into a store and get one and C) the fact that a new slim/Pro console might release sooner than we think.
Going by this, if you can wait for the new rumoured PS5 slim, get it when it's out and sell your Xbox. Buy it again when you think it finally has what you want and won't regret the purchase.

BbMajor7th

Doesn't make sense. But go a head and believe what you want.
They acquired Ninja Theory four and a half years ago. It shipped one live service game in 2020 that met mixed reviews and was sunset less than a year later. Their main project, a sequel to a game released in 2017 currently has no release window despite being in development for almost five and a half years. Bethesda meanwhile has shipped two games since their acquisition in 2021, both console exclusives to their main competitor's platform, neither of which have attracted massive commercial success, despite mostly positive critical reception.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
if u don’t like forza and gears, and multiplayer online games, there is little point on owning a Xbox, just buy the series s for cheap,
Whilst that’s applicable in the here and now, once the new Doom, TES, Fallout, Avowed etc start releasing there will be some good single player games too. I realise this is more soon but Zenimax will continue to produce.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Demon‘s Souls
Forspoken also on PC
Returnal
RaC RA
TLOU PI Remake
Ghostwire Tokyo also on PS4
+ Option to enjoy PS4 games in 60FPS

Practise counting OP ;)
So a total of 4, one of them being basically the same game as it's PS4 counterpart but with better graphics.

I think I know how to count bro.

Edgelord79

Gold Member
The Xbox Series X is a great machine. Better UI (not by much though), easily better store to find things, and GamePass is significantly better than the new PlayStation offering I find.

With that said, I agree that its exclusives are lacking and disappointing compared to Sony. I would most likely pick up a PlayStation as well.

feynoob

Banned
They acquired Ninja Theory four and a half years ago. It shipped one live service game in 2020 that met mixed reviews and was sunset less than a year later. Their main project, a sequel to a game released in 2017 currently has no release window despite being in development for almost five and a half years. Bethesda meanwhile has shipped two games since their acquisition in 2021, both console exclusives to their main competitor's platform, neither of which have attracted massive commercial success, despite mostly positive critical reception.
Ninja theory moved their business to a new building after their acquisition. And hell blade 2 is using UE5.
Bethesda acquisition finalized 2021, so MS isn't responsible for those 2 games timed exclusive situation.

The games for their new studios haven't been cancelled. So it's still in the air.

BbMajor7th

Ninja theory moved their business to a new building after their acquisition. And hell blade 2 is using UE5.
Bethesda acquisition finalized 2021, so MS isn't responsible for those 2 games timed exclusive situation.

The games for their new studios haven't been cancelled. So it's still in the air.
Looking back over the last decade, it never struck me that XGS was lacking studios or talent. They've had a lot of delayed, cancelled or unfinished games that lacked the polish of many of their competitors. The polished games meanwhile were often part of long-running franchises like Gears of War or Forza Horizon and while they had the quality, they lacked the excitement or appeal of new IPs.

What this all signals is a lack of managerial talent on the part of XGS and Microsoft - they don't know how to get the best out of these studios or effectively marry their corporate resources and influence with their studios' creative talent. I fear that adding more studios to the mix won't help with issues like these, it'll compound them, and the signs are already there. Announcing games years from release with flashy offline rendered trailers (Everwild, Hellblade 2, Avowed) and then expecting smaller teams to live up to the massive hype shows that they've learned little.

The visual fidelity on display in the first trailer for Senua's Saga is - as we're beginning to see - probably not doable on current gen, particularly with an in-development engine like UE5 (Epic themselves have only just rolled Lumen and Nanite to Fortnite). Ninja Theory are a talented bunch, no doubt, but they've gone from making a linear, six-hour action adventure, to making something that will be compared with behemoth's like God of War. In reality, their follow up should have been something on the level of Returnal - so they can scale their teams and their tech gradually, so that players won't be expecting something mind boggling, but actually get to be pleasantly surprised by something cool and different.

Last edited:

sachos

I voted to buy a PS5 and also keep the Series X, i wouldnt want to miss out on the new Doom, Quake and Wolfestein and maybe even Dishonored or Prey if we are lucky. But also waiting for a Slim/Pro version could be a smart move, but what are the chances they release in 2023?

Kagey K

Banned
After getting a PS5 and a PS+ premium account I can say you are missing literally nothing.

It's no wonder ppl are bored with gaming while playing most of these. I'm bored while sitting through them.

Klosshufvud

Xbox needs a major shift in management. Their new games feel so uninspired. If you found FH5 not to your taste, then Series consoles have been a pretty major dud. I still enjoy my Series S because I got GP for cheap and I have installed emulators on it. But only as a complementary device to my PC. Consoles just can't match PC these days. The insane catalog you have on PC, going back decades is just out of console reach. Not to mention that both Xbox and Playstation games are now on PC, and Switch too if you want to go down that road. I think no matter what console you pick today, you're going to feel immensely restricted in some ways.

Top Bottom