• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox owner : i sure miss some good (console) exclusives

Should i keep my XSX and also get a PS5 now ? I miss those exclusives dammit !

• Total voters
You don't get it , do you ?
Having a different opinion than yours is not "trolling" mang, how old are you exactly? 😁
What, do I need to write down a list of all the games I've played on the series x so I can get your approval ?

Also, did you take a look in the various redfall threads? I don't know how you can look at that game and tell me with a straight face that it's gonna be fun or even "next gen", besides I never was a fan of arcane or FPS's.
Starfield? I'm way too old and tired of playing the usual Bethesda junkfests, if you like them more power to you but they're not for me any more.
As for Forza, never was a fan of racing games and simulators in particular - and to make you feel better, I 've never enjoyed the Gran Turismos either.

Now what? You're going to start telling us what we should and shouldn't like? lol man, you see this is the thing you're too invested in list wars, in the end people enjoy what what they do enjoy, I don't care if this year or the next year or the year after is gonna be Microsoft's big year, I got the console in November of 2022 and I just got tired of Papa Phil's infinite PR and lack of interesting games (to me).

Anyways, You do you friend, cheerio
Yeah, we all buy a console and then proceed to diss its entire lineup and I never would have guessed the likes of Starfield or Forza weren't for you *rollseyes* and you too, have 'amazing insight friend' How the hell do you know if Redfall is going to be good is beyond me..

I know what you doing, it be like me starting a thread about buying a PS5 and then going on to say I really like Open world racing games, open world USA developed RPG's knowing full well these are aera's SONY In-House teams don't support . I find it quite amazing a JSRF fan didn't even say anything about Hi-Fi Rush either...

You're not fooling me, BYE

REDRZA MWS

Keep your series X because MS online service is still far above PSN. Also, Gamepass and Backward compatibility are a great feature. Later this year we are looking at Forza Motorsport and Starfield at minimum. Id absolutely recommend a PS5 as i have both, so if you have the extra money id say yes definitively grab one as im sure there will be games you will want to play on both. Otherwise, wait for a PS5 Pro.

Thread resurrection gents.

Jesus, lots of banned users in here, how ? :D
Anyway, it's pretty interesting revisiting this thread after the recent Redfall fiasco and the scrutiny that has befallen MS because of it, even more so since the topic had to do with system exclusives specifically and having people saying "exclusives aren't important" , "MS games like Redfall are coming", that the topic was done in bad faith/trolling and what have you, these past few weeks if anything have shown us that good, AAA exclusives are - in fact - really important, maybe Redfall was the straw that finally broke the camel's back due to its absolute mediocrity and unfinished state that it launched in but the problem is still there when it comes to MS, now, everything is riding on Starfield's success (for 2023 at least) and if that also proves to be mediocre i can't even begin to imagine the "level" of "discussion" on the internet come November.

Not to be a contrarian but...just the fervor some users still display when replying to opinions like MS needing to turn everything around and start putting some actual AAA bangers out goes to show that AAA games are, in fact, needed and it's actually what people really want - if this wasn't the case you wouldn't have people trying to defend the undefendable by still trying to cope almost 3 years later.
MS really, really needs to get its shit together, they started with 343 the past few months by reorganizing the company and they might as well continue to do with their other subsidiaries (Arkane most recently).

Businesses are are all about A) Optics and B) results and right now, MS is not doing well at both, unhappy customers are always willing to jump ship when presented with a bad/lacking product or service.

Cheers

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
HI FI Rush is the only reason I’ve really played my Xbox this year. It was a great reason though. Definitely runner up to GOTY so far.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Thread resurrection gents.

Jesus, lots of banned users in here, how ? :D
Anyway, it's pretty interesting revisiting this thread after the recent Redfall fiasco and the scrutiny that has befallen MS because of it, even more so since the topic had to do with system exclusives specifically and having people saying "exclusives aren't important" , "MS games like Redfall are coming", that the topic was done in bad faith/trolling and what have you, these past few weeks if anything have shown us that good, AAA exclusives are - in fact - really important, maybe Redfall was the straw that finally broke the camel's back due to its absolute mediocrity and unfinished state that it launched in but the problem is still there when it comes to MS, now, everything is riding on Starfield's success (for 2023 at least) and if that also proves to be mediocre i can't even begin to imagine the "level" of "discussion" on the internet come November.

Not to be a contrarian but...just the fervor some users still display when replying to opinions like MS needing to turn everything around and start putting some actual AAA bangers out goes to show that AAA games are, in fact, needed and it's actually what people really want - if this wasn't the case you wouldn't have people trying to defend the undefendable by still trying to cope almost 3 years later.
MS really, really needs to get its shit together, they started with 343 the past few months by reorganizing the company and they might as well continue to do with their other subsidiaries (Arkane most recently).

Businesses are are all about A) Optics and B) results and right now, MS is not doing well at both, unhappy customers are always willing to jump ship when presented with a bad/lacking product or service.

Cheers
At this point, it's easier to just buy a PS5 than keep waiting for these types of games. Sunk cost fallacy and all that. If you want big, polished, top quality exclusives, there's a platform that offers that, so just get it. The fact is, even if Starfield and Forza are total bangers, what is next? We know jack shit about their other games, not even gameplay footage. Hopefully that comes soon but the cupboard is still pretty bare.

Did you get a PS5? If yes what did you think of it? And have you sold your Xbox?

I want a good Starfield from them. None of their other IP matters to me. Maybe they will convince me otherwise in the June showcase?

I did man.
Here and here ;)

Really hope Starfield is gonna be...decent at the very least 'cause otherwise i can't imagine the shitstorm.
Unfortunately, for me, SF wasn't enough for me to hold on to my XSX.

Having both consoles is the best deal if people can support it. I recently got into the xbox ecosystem and im loving it and playing games I couldnt get on the PS. Gamepass is awesome, no need to spend major cash on both systems.

Ok guys and gals, please let's try to be civil and not go down that route again, this is not a Vs thread so, all the angry internet people might skip this thread altogether as to avoid the (unfortunately) toxic behavior that plagues these kind of threads, having said that :

I still remember the day i first connected my OG Xbox to my Sony Trinitron flat CRT : the awesome boot-up sound, the weird menus and the obvious hardware advantage it had compared to the other "big 2" of that era.
Dead or Alive 3, to this day still remains one the best next-gen experiences® i've ever had , shit was just jaw-dropping, same thing with Panzer Dragoon Orta, absolutely beautiful graphics running at a rock-solid 60fps...Next were Jet set radio Future and Splinter Cell 1, jaws dropped again, JSRF was simply a joy to behold and Splinter cell...man, i still remember watching someone playing it in a video shop in pure amazement thinking "how is this friggin 300€ vidjya box be able to run this game with all the shadow gfx on ?" - game needed a beefy PC back in the day to play it as intended and yet, here was this weirdly shaped black box that was able to run it "properly" (shitty 640x480 res and all that).Also : Shenmue 2, i mean, what a jolly good experience that game was, i still love it to this day, sure, it was also available on the Dreamcast but we all remember what happened there.
In some ways, the OG XBOX really felt like a continuation of the Dreamcast, you had these really quality "console-type®" games - especially when it came to Sega titles (thank you Smilebit).
Anyway, couple of years passed and the console received some other nice exclusives like FROM's Otogi 1 & 2, KOTOR, Splinter Cell 2 & 3, Fable, Halo 2, DOA Ultimate and the G.O.T Ninja Gaiden?/Black.
Did it have the library of the PS2 (which i also had) ? Absolutely not, it didn't matter though, i was happy with what the Xbox had to offer console exclusive-wise.

Enter November 2005 : The Xbox 360 gets released, sure the launch line-up wasn't that great (Condemned & Kameo were cool though) but...what a generation gents, i mean, besides the obvious "AAA" games/MS exclusives like Halo/Gears, just the fact that you had numbered, once PS exclusive entries (absent from a PS platform) like Ridge racer 6 & Ace Combat 6 was - how to put it - weird but also awesome at the same time.Also : we all remember the FF 13 announcement , right ? :D A Final fantasy entry on a non Sony/Nintendo platform, 'nuff said.
Fantastic console , shame about the RROD absolute fiasco though since i had 4 different console/revisions failing on me but hey, can't complain, i had my fun.

Xbox one : Skipped most of the gen since i went PS4 only that time and came back 6-7 months before the release of the XSX/XSS with a XBOX One X - i just had to replay Ninja Gaiden 2, Panzer dragoon Orta and a couple of other BC games.
Got Gamepass, played through most of the MS exclusives i had missed like Quantum Break, Ryse Son of Rome, Halo MCC, Halo 5, Gears 4 & 5 etc etc. - enjoyed them all.

Series X/S : Sold my One X, was able to get a XSX at launch and the rest is history.
Have been enjoying various games on gamepass but - and here's the thing guys and gals - i miss some damned good console exclusives dammit, sure, we had Halo infinite , Forza Horizon 5 and MS Flight sim but, never was a racing fan nor a flight sim type fan, halo Infinite on the other hand...the less i say the better.
it really says something when you've enjoyed indie games like Katana zero, Ghost song and a few others more than a Multi-billion company's exclusives, after all, a good game is a good game but it's not like you go and spend 500 eurodollars on a "next-gen" console to be able to play mostly indie games.

It's been 2 years since release for Christ's sake and there's been nothing for me to justify the purchase i've made, i kind of feel duped by all the promises and i share the same opinion as many other users : stop all the damned PR, stop announcing games ages before and just show us the games some months before they get actually released.
Now, before someone mentions the COVID pandemic and all the complications it created in the industry , i can't help but taking a look at the Playstation catalogue : Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank , Returnal, FF7 Intergrade (didn't play the remake on my PS4), Horizon Forbidden West, GOW Ragnarok and upcoming ones like Final Fantasy 16 (looks brilliant), Silent Hill 2 remake etc etc - all games right up my alley since i love me some 3rd person games & RPG.
It's a rhetorical question but, if Sony was able to do it (release more than a few good/quality exclusives in the span of 2 years), why wasn't Microsoft able to the same ?

I don't know guys, i really miss the quality of the PS exclusives and while the 3rd person action-adventure photo meme may still apply, there's just this undeniable quality about them and are also a known quantity, meanwhile, us who are only xbox users are still waiting for Fable (God knows how it'll turn out to be after all those rumours) after more than 5 years, a Perfect Dark game (most of the devs left/unknown quantity), the Indiana jones game from Machine games (have they ever made a 3rd person game ?)plus, the future of Halo is questionable and so on so forth, it's just been a disappointing ride for me so far.Sure, 120Hz supported games and backwards compatibility are really nice to have but...they can only take you so far, again, i'm really starving for some good AAAAAAAA games since i've had my share of indies these past few months.
My craving for that kind of Sony exclusives has grown so much that i got actually interested in acquiring a PS5 lately - if it wasn't for the fact that A) i don't have the time nowadays to play that much plus, trying to justify owning 2 consoles, B) the still ridiculous prices/scalping over here in Euroland (700€ even from Amazon.it) and the fact that you can't walk into a store and get one and C) the fact that a new slim/Pro console might release sooner than we think.

I fully acknowledge that MS exclusives are coming but...the fact is when , and truth be told, i'm getting envious of the PS5 library and exclusives.

I find it kind of funny to be honest, i never really thought that i'd be missing those kind of games to the point of kind of regretting my purchase and jumping ship again, but, in the end guys/gals, it's all about the games (i.e: preferences) and not some dumb multi-billion brand loyalty and the shiny plastic box(es) it produces.

Thanks in advance for chiming in boys and girls, cheers !
Lol Dude I feel sorry for your punk ass.....hahahaha you should have not been dumb enough to get a Xbox,but I dont blame you with that peanut head of yours...just sell that plastic trash of a box,and buy a PS5,the Showcase network is even going to make you cry even more when you see all the games that are coming, oh boi oh boi, Spiderman 2 alone is enough to wet ur pants

If you care about exclusives, PC and Switch is the best combo. Personally after getting the plat in HFW, my PS5 is a Factions machine and probably will be until Factions II is out unless Sony drops some kind of surprise. I tried to get into LoU2 but it’s such a slog. Eventually I will try Days Gone again.

If you care about exclusives, PC and Switch is the best combo. Personally after getting the plat in HFW, my PS5 is a Factions machine and probably will be until Factions II is out unless Sony drops some kind of surprise. I tried to get into LoU2 but it’s such a slog. Eventually I will try Days Gone again.
Bumble, contrary to many people on the internet, I actually loved TLOU2 man, the attention to detail and combat options, animations, sound production etc are really something else - talking purely about the tech and gameplay side of things, not the story one that most people had a problem with.

Horizon FW is...well, a mixed bag really, yes, the graphics are fantastic but other than it's kind of a slog indeed, typical Guerilla, interesting tech/graphics but story and gameplay, are always absolutely mediocre.

Days Gone is an interesting case, after getting patched up - and receiving the 60fps update on the PS5 - is in a much better state than it was years ago on the PS4 but...especially after playing TLOU2 first (another "zombie" game) it just can't compete with its mediocre/buggy animations, weird/glitchy enemy AI, sound cutting off during scenes/gameplay and so on so forth, it's definitely a "B" game that has its moments though.

Did you play Returnal ? It's amazing man but I can understand that's it's not for everyone due to its difficulty and rogue-like nature.
Demon's souls is, well, Demon's souls with 10x better graphics, Ghost of Tsushima is good but you have to have the time for yet another open-world game etc etc...

Then there's GOW Ragnarok, Ratchet and Clank, FF7remake intergrade, Death stranding DC...I mean, there's no shortage of good, AAA exclusives on the PS quintuple.

Cheers

Last edited:
Having both consoles is the best deal if people can support it. I recently got into the xbox ecosystem and im loving it and playing games I couldnt get on the PS. Gamepass is awesome, no need to spend major cash on both systems.

Aeon, not to be facetious but as a 40+years old man, i seriously don't understand how people find the time to be playing all these games and being able to play on more than 1 system.
I mean, I'd have to be unemployed with no girlfriend or any other interests/hobbies whatsoever as to be able to finish more than 2-3 games per year (talking about the fact that most AAA games nowadays are 50-60+ hours open-world fares).
I just finished Resident Evil 4 remake the other day on hard and it took me about 25+hours after playing it since release day and I'm reading that others are already on their 6th playthrough ? How is that even possible ?

Shit brother, I got PS plus extra and I don't know what to play first since most AAA exclusives take about 40-50 hours to complete and you're telling me that I'd somehow find the time to support/play another platform ? how ?

Serious question man, where do some people find all that time available to be playing games ?

It's not a case of being able to support more than 1 system, it's about having other responsibilities and not having enough free time.

Cheers

Romulus

Keep your Xbox, great exclusives are coming. My God this has been the sentiment since 2013, still hasn't happened.

Flutta

Banned
These threads man..... listen we all know you want to get a PS5.. who wouldn't. If you're afraid to sell your Xbox in the hopes of something good turns up in 10 years to play then you can always use it as a stand for your new PS5.
Meme_6.jpg

Last edited:

BlackTron

These threads man..... listen we all know you want to get a PS5.. who wouldn't. If you're afraid to sell it in the hopes of something good turns up in 10 years to play then you can always use it as a stand for your new PS5.

The rectangle console design REALLY paid off this time

Top Bottom