• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox partners with popular South American kids Show '31 minutes' launching ad for Xbox Series S. Voiced by star Juan Carlos, already selling out.

Microsoft’s Xbox division managed to score a 10 thanks to a collaboration with the 31 minuteswho participated in a commercial where his well-known characters promote the Xbox Series S.

This is how the star reporter of this television show, Juan Carlos Bodoque, travels to Egypt to make a great discovery. It is the tomb of Pharaoh Jenhi-Vitis where he expects to find many mummies and treasures.
However, what he discovers surprises him greatly. All because although the pharaoh is there he is not lying on his sarcophagus in eternal sleep, but rather he is enjoying the Microsoft console.

And the title you play is the most recent installment in the series of force. Namely, force horizon 5 which went on sale on November 9 of last year and includes tours based on various locations in Mexico.

It seems that this collaboration of Xbox Series S and 31 minutes will not be the only one. It is what the description of this commercial says, which has fallen in favor with the fans.
https://pledgetimes.com/playstation...on-ps4-and-ps5-from-today-with-a-japan-theme/

What is the 31 minute show that appears with Xbox Series S?​

The program of 31 minutes in which its characters promote the Xbox Series S and force horizon 5 He is of Chilean origin. It is focused on children but is enjoyed by fans of all ages and is a creation of the Aplaplac production company.

first episode came out on March 15, 2003 on the National Television of Chile. This series focuses on the crew of a small newsreel and the many adventures they go on.

Although many of the notes they share are for educational purposes, it also has a large dose of humor and is what makes it accessible to many people.
https://pledgetimes.com/neill-blomkamps-battle-royale-off-the-grid-is-an-nft-game-unfortunately/
Its success is such that it is now present in several countries and even got its own film, which premiered in March 2008. In Mexico it can be seen on open television through the Canal Once signal in its Once Children section and it is still very popular.
Xbox-31-Minutos-03.jpg

This is very popular show across South and parts of Central America as well as Mexico. Xbox is doing some heavy marketing in the regions for sales during this and next month for the affordable Xbox Series S.

in Chili specifically which is the origin country for the show, one major online platform has Xbox Series S already selling out fast, https://www.mercadolibre.cl/microso...cking_id=25b3c4ec-6a5e-42c0-93b4-418a49d81c0d

Within less than 24 hours from the ads launch on TV and on the Xbox Mexico Youtube account shown above, and who knows how long it took to spread around, maybe in some parts of the country as soon as just a few hours ago, the stock went from over over 20K to now only as of this post; 1204 left in stock.

That may not seem like not too much at first glance, but then think of the other countries with more people and more expendable income buying, and how many people who are buying Xbox Series S in chili and other countries online and off at multiple retailers. This could be a big deal for the holiday given it's low entry price (now even cheaper on sale) and also for select countries, having the All Access program on top of that.

I think it's clear worldwide Microsoft has made a large production of Xbox Series S. Most likely last year they saw that the Series S promos were flying off the shelf and regretted not making more, and have likely possibly even tripled the production given how many countries are having promos or buy "TV, phone, stereo, cable sub, get series S free" promos. Or other retail team ups (lovesac, Canon, etc)

If Microsofts plan works the Series S will have a very good holiday this year sales wise. Hopefully for their larger stronger countries they produced enough Series X too. Already in some cities I've checked since these promos have been running I've seen less Series S on the shelf than usual, with some bringing stock from the back. They may be on to something, granted that's anecdotal but who knows.

Though if it does too well, $250 may have to be a permanent official price for momentum reasons, but I would say they Microsoft was probably betting on that anyway, They can handle that price cut for the Series S, not likely the Series X however, which outside of a gift card here and there won't be sharing the same amazing promos.

These Series S promos are targeting parents, kids, low income gamers, and COD, Fifa, Madden, Minecraft players, and so far it's working as intended.

nial

Gold Member
in Chili specifically which is the origin country for the show, one major online platform has Xbox Series S already selling out fast, https://www.mercadolibre.cl/microso...cking_id=25b3c4ec-6a5e-42c0-93b4-418a49d81c0d

That may not seem like not too much at first glance, but then think of the other countries with more people and more expendable income buying, and how many people who are buying Xbox Series S in chili and other countries online and off at multiple retailers. This could be a big deal for the holiday given it's low entry price (now even cheaper on sale) and also for select countries, having the All Access program on top of that.
Fucking hell. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

gundalf

God I just went back to this and if you play it from 0:25 with 0.25 speed it says SERIOUZ ASSSSSS 🤣

Last edited:
The ad that saved Xbox.

You laugh but it's been selling out in Central and South American countries the stock that is sent, at least for online retailers I can manage to find.

It's likely the thing the kids will talk about leading to their parents to buy the Series s

You laugh but it's been selling out in Central and South American countries the stock that is sent, at least for online retailers I can manage to find.

It's likely the thing the kids will talk about leading to their parents to buy the Series s

Are you an alt of DarkMage? Honest question with the amount of shilling you seem to do for the company.

Ozriel

M$FT
What's the bar here do we think? Cuz a high income gamer can be someone who spends 5k on a PC rig and for them, the PS5 digital might seem like something for a low income gamer.

hardly anyone low income is buying a $399 PS5 with the guarantee of lock in to $70 games.

Are you an alt of DarkMage? Honest question with the amount of shilling you seem to do for the company.

I've heard I did that for Sony too from others, you (and them) seem to be looking at threads selectively to come to this conclusion.

What's the bar here do we think? Cuz a high income gamer can be someone who spends 5k on a PC rig and for them, the PS5 digital might seem like something for a low income gamer.

If this was 15 years ago this would make sense, but with the costs of consoles and games now, anyone not in upper income neighborhoods aren't likely paying, outside rare cases, full price for a PS5 or Series X, and $70 or their countries equal in software.

In fact, the Series S and gamepass would be a decent bargain. Also many of these places despite their labels by UN etc, all seem to have on average better internet with less or no caps compared to the US ironically.

Last edited:

Monad

I’m not Chilean, but as a Mexican that enjoy the show quite a bit when I was child (I honestly thought it didn't exist anymore), this collaboration has left me astounded by both the nostalgia blast and how little known I thought the series was in my childhood, since it was broadcasted on a more cultural/educational channel, so it could be said that its audience was pretty nerdy niche (although I suppose that in Chile it’s a very popular kid’s show).

I would never have thought of seeing something like this in my life, let alone see it posted here at GAF. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Love it.

Reactions: TLZ
Top Bottom