• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Pride Controller Now Available

Looks disgusting, way too many flags. They should have just made a generic Pride flag controller with the trans/POC updated design and called it a day. This looks like a goddamn orgy.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Inoffensive and intentionally camp. Fine design. I'm not sure what - if anything - about it says PRIDE™ though. . .looks like a design you'd find on a lot of products with a "modern" sensibility.

I doubt they'll sell the 10+ thousand of these it would require for that $170k to be made back.

Pretty sure those controllers cost more than a large Domino pizza.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I am sad no one has pointed out that they have an entire storefront for pride.

Including the shirts with a picture of the pride controller on it. Better buy now while stocks last.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Pretty sure those controllers cost more than a large Domino pizza.

Profit is probably in the $10-20 range though, the controllers are far from pure profit. Either way they also donated $4 million separately through their employee 100% match program.

Don't get me wrong, still capitalism.. attract specific consumers to your platform, yada,yada,yada... but it's not entirely a cynical thing.

Bombolone

Gold Member
I'd cop it. Looks nice.
Like another poster said, those 80s vibes. Reminds me of Saved By The Bell.

Hit a few rails then wreck some kids at CoD. Uuuuuuu weeee!

Last edited:
I'm happy for those who like it and will buy it, but as far as the design goes... Maybe it's because I'm not an artist myself, but I like things to be more evenly distributed and symmetrical. This stuff with colors and flags and shapes going in every which direction is giving me a visual seizure 😂

EDIT: a few years ago, I was looking at some Converse high tops that had a similar "overload of colors going in every which direction" and I ended up not buying them for the same reason.

Last edited:
If you need to be represented in the form of a controller, your mental illness is deeper than expected.

What a silly statement. How is this any different from a Halo fan wanting a Halo controller? Or a huge Anime fan wanting an anime controller that speaks to who they are and what they like? It's no different from wanting something with your country's flag, your favorite brand or sports team.

Everybody who likes to buy products customized to their personal identity to taste has a mental illness? Because I get anime posters framed for my house becsuse i feel that reprsents me that means I have a mental illness? Come on now.

TLZ

Banned
Proud of ugly controllers that's for sure.

What the heck is this mess? Is this amateur day? Crap thrown all over the place. Zero taste.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

jaysius

Banned
MS puts out a ton of controller colors monthly, this one is ugly though. But whatever it's a blip on their radar when you look at the rate the release these colors.

This is what happens when you remove the segment of your demographic that is known to have style and taste from your leadership.
Yeah this was not done only/primarily by a gay dude. From what I've seen in my city, a lot of gay dudes have pretty good fashion/artistic taste.

This looks like something done by committee... Potentially a very large committee.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Looks like for someone with Multiple sclerosis, not sure who design it, but simple rainbow would have been better.

Top Bottom