• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Pride Controller Now Available

Thabass

Not for me, but have no problem with it existing. It's a bit too busy for me, I like my controllers pretty low-key color-wise. That said, it's not a bad design, just too busy.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
What a silly statement. How is this any different from a Halo fan wanting a Halo controller? Or a huge Anime fan wanting an anime controller that speaks to who they are and what they like? It's no different from wanting something with your country's flag, your favorite brand or sports team.

Everybody who likes to buy products customized to their personal identity to taste has a mental illness? Because I get anime posters framed for my house becsuse i feel that reprsents me that means I have a mental illness? Come on now.
This is not YOU being represented by an item. I stand by comment.

GHG

Xbox are treating their current and potential customers well in the wake of this:

Or not...

SoraNoKuni

i actually think it looks alright, the only bit i don't like is the pale strip of blue pink and white, it makes it look like they ran out of colors.
Yeah that striked as bad to me as well, though I think it's a not a running out of colors thing, I believe that's the ace(asexual) flag, not sure though.

Edit: It's the trans flag apparently, whatever, who cares.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Telling the company you purchase videogames from that you're not interested in their one month of virtue signalling (along with associated products) is not bigotry.

The purple place is that way.
The "customers". I have no respect for bigotry. I also don't give a damn that Xbox is doing this, I would have the exact same sentiment if Sony was doing it.
Why aren't Xbox (and all these corpos) flexing this in China or the ME?

Thought so.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The real question is why don't we have a personalized Gaf controller, Riky Riky adamsapple adamsapple and CatLady CatLady , you're the xbox brain trust on these forums,(god help us "lollipop_disappointed: ) where are the Gaf designs.

I already have my personalized controller, they modeled it after my pubes

Sonic_Hero_Asset_JPG.jpg

Zathalus

Telling the company you purchase videogames from that you're not interested in their one month of virtue signalling (along with associated products) is not bigotry.

The purple place is that way.
Oh please, those comments have nothing to do with virtue signaling.

Being supportive of gay people and causes doesn't automatically mean you are supportive of the crazy place that is resetera.

GHG

Being supportive of gay people and causes doesn't automatically mean you are supportive of the crazy place that is resetera.

You just said this response:

FUzezLnXwAEXATr

And this one:

FUzezLpXsAEx2Iu

Are "bigotry".

And yes, both the products and the comments in response to those tweets are virtue signalling. Where is this energy for the other 11 months of the year? And liks DeepEnigma DeepEnigma alluded to, where is this energy in other regions?

They are doing it because some people will buy their shit (and in this case it's literally shit). That's all there is to it.

Last edited:

BigBooper

Being supportive of gay people doesn't automatically mean you are supportive of PRIDE™.

Edited to add, not sure saying they should have this energy all year round is an outcome anyone wants. Not a good tactic, imo.

Last edited:
This is not YOU being represented by an item. I stand by comment.

You are again wildly incorrect, which I'm sure you know. It's the same as anything else when a person buys something that represents who they are, what they like, and what they believe. Me buying an entire collection of Naruto mangas as a huge fan of that series DOES represent me and who I am, even in product or item form. People buying sports jerseys or collector's items for their favorite games is again the exact same thing. Someone celebrating being proudly LGBTQ, or someone who simply supports the LGBTQ community and likes the look of the controller enough to get it, is no different from someone who is a big Lakers and also Halo fan, and sees the below items as a cool way to combine those two passions into one thing that they appreciate.

nUtMSiK.png

The idea that the special products or items things people invest their money in because it speaks to who they are is somehow not at all representative of those individuals, or is at all associated with mental illness, is an argument you would lose 100% of the time because it's nonsense.

Being supportive of gay people doesn't automatically mean you are supportive of PRIDE™.
Well said, and this is where I stand.

I'm very supportive of LGBT people -- both online and in real life. But I'm not supportive of gay people in any special way simply because they're gay -- I'm supportive in the same way I am for any human being I choose to support, that is of any color, creed, religion, sex, sexual affiliation, etc.

I'm glad tommib tommib made this thread. You can see the design of the controller in the OP. If you like the design, great, and if you want to buy it, even more great; if you don't like the design and won't buy it based on aesthetics, that's pretty great, too.

strange headache strange headache made a really good thread about the deeper topic of "Rainbow Capitalism." It's a really good thread, go check it out.

But if we can keep the conversation in this thread centered around the controller itself, that would be awesome. Not trying to backseat mod, just a humble recommendation. Peace and love, y'all!

ringo_starr_peace_sign.jpg

Aion002

sad lyoto machida GIF by DAZN USA

Damn... Every time I read Pride "thingie" I imagine that it is something related to Pride Fighting Championship.

Cool games:

Last edited:
Yep, more rainbow capitalism. This is Xbox tapping into the pride market.

FUzezLpXsAEx2Iu

What irks me the most though, is why you would need 34 flags and counting to express your identity? Like how frikkin' balkanized do you need to become? We all know what overbearing pride in your flag and your identity brings you, it's called nationalism and hooliganism. They both make for excellent customers though.

Companies are essentially cultivating their own crop of militant customers, who will buy anything with their flag on it.

I have no issues with gay people or what you do underneath your sheets. It's none of my business. But it is high time people start differentiating between gay/lesbian/queer folks and Pride. One is a sexual orientation, the other is an ideological movement. As with any ideological movement, extremism, militant thinking and the othering of others through black and white thinking can only end in misery.

Last edited:

Crayon

^^^I take cash, grass, or ass, but not American Express.

I wasn't expecting 34 flags on there. Looks kinds neat but there's something about custom controllers I'm not too crazy about. Especially a super busy one like that. Maybe i'm old but it seems right to have a solid, neuttral colored controller.

Last edited:

pqueue

For a company with literally hundreds of billions in cash in the bank, they apparently could not afford someone to come up with a design that has style.

Top Bottom