• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Promotes COVID Vaccination & Dispels Vaccine Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManaByte

Gold Member
take a flat plate with four trolley wheels on it , place on a flat smooth surface , place a gyroscope atop and another atop of that... observe , it doesn't move , the pendulum experiment is bs also.. , as it was sat in a building with walls....most of your main science facts are... lmao...

go fk off , you dumb bastards no nothing!!!!

:)

ask a sniper if the bs maths in a sniper book is relevant , they will say no , then ask why? cos the world doesn't move...

more salt knob heads??
27xby2.jpg

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Your concern is what's mortifying. Take your shots and mind your own business. "Anti vaxxers " don't go around insulting or nagging other people about their choices.

There's no need for 'conspiracy theories' when all you have to do is look back and see how they said you couldn't get covid or spread it with the vax, let alone even need to wear a mask anymore.

Fast forward a few months and cases are rising again, vaxxed are "superspreaders" ,still get the virus, and have to wear masks again. Then you have them saying the efficacy is getting low and people will now need "booster" shots.

You can claim to be Fauci, Albert Einstein, or even Michael Jackson on the internet. It means jack shit on here, much less when your only form of discussion here has been directly insulting people and attacking them rather than their arguments.
There's a problem with your thinking here.

I would love to mind my own business. The problem with that is that imbeciles like you, who are so obsessed with YOUR FREEDOMS, spread misinformation. Dangerous misinformation. It would be great if the best course of action was to 'leave you alone', but unfortunately, that's not an option right now. You are spreading dangerous lies which kill people. It's that simple. And, I get that you find it annoying when you are questioned - but I don't care. You being annoyed at being criticised for spreading dangerous falsehoods is less important than correcting the dangerous, ignorant dumbness that you spew.

Your non-understanding of how the situation, and the response to it, is changing as the virus mutates is exhibit A for why spewing ignorant opinions should not go unchecked. Again, I'm sorry if that annoys you. But, at the same time, I don't really care.

I've engaged with all of your 'arguments'. The problem is that you're not an epidemiologist, you have no research background, and you have absolutely nothing of value to say on this topic. I get that you believe that your every dopey utterance should be treated with the same level of respect as a statement from Pfizer, but that's just not going to happen.

You want to be left alone? That's easy. Keep your dumb, ignorant anti-vaccination propaganda to yourself. Just shut up. That's all you have to do. Keep your mouth shut about it. It's easy. You don't want to do that? I'm going to call you a moron. You're going to have to deal with that.

Last edited:
I find it so strange how easily people embrace these kinds of statements from entertainment companies. Earlier this year they all posted about the Floyd lawsuit, and now they're essentially giving medical advice. Why? They're in the business of selling video games. It's not their place to speak on these divisive subjects as if they have any kind of authority. That includes quoting or referring to others who may or may not know more. XBox is not a trusted source for this kind of info. They make video games.

You might find it alright now because you agree with them, but what happens when they start advocating for stuff you disagree with? I think it's a bad trend, regardless of whether I agree with their advice in this specific instance.
It is sad the idea of getting a vaccination to protect yourself, your family, and your neighbors from a deadly pandemic is divisive. Why are you treating this info like it's MS making the claims and not that MS is directing people to the authority on the vaccine. Not everyone watches the news and many people don't trust the news either. At this point there seems to be pretty good evidence the vaccine is effective and unvaccinated people are more at risk than vaccinated. Doesn't seem too controversial to point people to the CDC.

It is a statement by a prominent tech company promoting a public health message.

And, companies advocate for stuff I disagree with all the time. What happens? Nothing. It's fine. Why, is something supposed to be happening?
They shouldn't promote anything but their own products IMO. Microsoft shouldn't have an opinion on vaccines and they certainly shouldn't advice anyone else to take a vaccine or not, in the same way they shouldn't advice people to drink water or to stop smoking, even if that's generally accepted as a healthy choice. People shouldn't look to XBox for life advice like that. But I understand from your post that you don't weigh these statements as heavily as I do. That's fine.

GHG

Gold Member
Whether or not you decide to take the vaccine at this stage is a personal one. There are a whole host of reasons why someone might decide to not have it yet, some of which are medically recommended.

The lack of respect certain people are showing in this thread is staggering. If you think you're helping people change their mind with your antics and insults you couldn't be more wrong. If anything you're doing the opposite.

Last edited:

Optimus Lime

Whether or not you decide to take the vaccine at this stage is a personal one.
It is a personal one. A personal one that has public impact. The idea that the two forces at play here are between personal liberty and public accountability is only relevant to people who are selfish enough to have utter disregard for anyone other than themselves.

Oh well. Next time you see them promote COVID vaccinations, put your hands over your eyes or something. Spin around in your computer chair and yell 'LA LA LA' at the roof if it helps.
This is a discussion forum and I'll post whatever I please. Thanks for the advice though. I'll take it as seriously as Microsoft's.

Concern

I would love to mind my own business. The problem with that is that imbeciles like you, who are so obsessed with YOUR FREEDOMS, spread misinformation. Dangerous misinformation. It would be great if the best course of action was to 'leave you alone', but unfortunately, that's not an option right now. You are spreading dangerous lies which kill people. It's that simple. And, I get that you find it annoying when you are questioned - but I don't care. You being annoyed at being criticised for spreading dangerous falsehoods is less important than correcting the dangerous, ignorant dumbness that you spew.

Your non-understanding of how the situation, and the response to it, is changing as the virus mutates is exhibit A for why spewing ignorant opinions should not go unchecked. Again, I'm sorry if that annoys you. But, at the same time, I don't really care.

I've engaged with all of your 'arguments'. The problem is that you're not an epidemiologist, you have no research background, and you have absolutely nothing of value to say on this topic. I get that you believe that your every dopey utterance should be treated with the same level of respect as a statement from Pfizer, but that's just not going to happen.

You want to be left alone? That's easy. Keep your dumb, ignorant anti-vaccination propaganda to yourself. Just shut up. That's all you have to do. Keep your mouth shut about it. It's easy. You don't want to do that? I'm going to call you a moron. You're going to have to deal with that.

Yea I'll take "over 99% survival rate" chance over some random on the internet shilling for an experimental vaccine. Good day

Optimus Lime

This is a discussion forum and I'll post whatever I please. Thanks for the advice though. I'll take it as seriously as Microsoft's.
I didn't tell you what to post. Post what you like. I mean, you took a swing that missed, but good on you for trying.

I don't see argument, I see insult everywhere. Dumbass insults, intelligent people argument.

Corndog

Banned
Good guy Microsoft. This will piss off the anti vax idiots though and you’ll hear just how much they never liked Halo and Windows.
Please don’t disparage people who are against this vaccine. There are legitimate reasons for either waiting or not getting it at all. There are also good reasons for getting it.

Optimus Lime

I don't see argument, I see insult everywhere. Dumbass insults, intelligent people argument.
Sorry, sometimes stupidity is just stupidity. I get that you're from a generation that demands that your every brain fart be treated like a research paper published in Nature, but I'm just not interested in indulging your fantasies.

Yea I'll take "over 99% survival rate" chance over some random on the internet shilling for an experimental vaccine. Good day
Ask him if cloth masks work and if children should be wearing masks. Notice he avoided your pointing out the inconsistency of medical professionals and the who. God damn, those pesky freedoms, man. If only he could force it down everyone's throat he certainly would and get a hard on in the process. Some people are just lost unfortunately.

GHG

Gold Member
It is a personal one. A personal one that has public impact. The idea that the two forces at play here are between personal liberty and public accountability is only relevant to people who are selfish enough to have utter disregard for anyone other than themselves.

What if I told you there's a guy I know who isn't taking the vaccine due to the additional risks it poses for him and he doesn't leave his home unless absolutely necessary. When he does he does so at quiet times and wears a mask.

But yes, he's the selfish one, not those basically telling him to kill himself just so that we can "end covid" and the world can continue spinning.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I'll take the opinion of doctor and people that understand statistics over your opinion but hey you got some youtubers on your side so yay!!

Optimus Lime

What if I told you there's a guy I know who isn't taking the vaccine due to the additional risks it poses for him and he doesn't leave his home unless absolutely necessary. When he does he does so at quiet times and wears a mask.

But yes, he's the selfish one, not those basically telling him to kill himself just so that we can "end covid" and the world can continue spinning.
What do you mean 'what if I told you'? You just DID tell me. In your totally-not-imaginary anecdote, you're describing an extreme outlier which is statistically insignificant.

Do you have any other imaginary friends with vaccine exemptions that we can discuss?

Sorry, sometimes stupidity is just stupidity. I get that you're from a generation that demands that your every brain fart be treated like a research paper published in Nature, but I'm just not interested in indulging your fantasies.
I'm from a generation? You assume my age? You need a drink or something.

Optimus Lime

I'm from a generation? You assume my age? You need a drink or something.
Oh, you're an older user? Then, you should know better. How strange. And sad. My apologies, you sounded like a typically entitled millennial with delusions of grandeur.

When the guy who helped invent mRNA vaccine tech has a problem with these vaccines it makes me a bit more inclined to be worried.
I couldn't find the video where he and 2 doctors were discussing it, was about 19 minutes I think. Big brother youtube take it down, or did I just miss it?

Concern

Ask him if cloth masks work and if children should be wearing masks. Notice he avoided your pointing out the inconsistency of medical professionals and the who. God damn, those pesky freedoms, man. If only he could force it down everyone's throat he certainly would and get a hard on in the process. Some people are just lost unfortunately.

No need. His response will be "idiot, dumbass, moron, imbecile, blah blah blah, i hope you or your mom and dad don't end up needing ventilators"

The internet really is such a toxic place for people to sling around garbage like that freely and not deal with the repercussions lol.

GHG

Gold Member
What do you mean 'what if I told you'? You just DID tell me. In your totally-not-imaginary anecdote, you're describing an extreme outlier which is statistically insignificant.

Do you have any other imaginary friends with vaccine exemptions that we can discuss?

"What I told you" is colloquial. But since you're intent on imposing yourself as the most (and only) intelligent person in this thread you should already know that.

Just the one imaginary friend unfortunately. Not sure you're actually interested in a discussion though based on your behaviour so far in this thread.

Unknown?

But, you hold some fairly strong beliefs. Surely, you must have some kind of evidence? Do you honestly expect other people to 'research' the things you're saying, simply because you have said them?
Pretty sure he's a troll or in such an emotional state that he isn't thinking straight and needs to step back and calm down for awhile.

Optimus Lime

"What I told you" is colloquial. But since you're intent on imposing yourself as the most (and only) intelligent person in this thread you should already know that.

Just the one imaginary friend unfortunately. Not sure you're actually interested in a discussion though based on your behaviour so far in this thread.
There's plenty of intelligent people in this thread. Thanati's contributions, for example, have been great. You're just not one of them.

I'm not interested in a discussion, no. If you'd like to present your research credentials, I'd be more than happy to engage with you via PM. But, anything else? No. The level of white hot idiocy emanating from the anti-vaccination posters is kind of gross. Sorry.

But, if you have a research background and have more to talk about than imaginary people and Youtube videos, my inbox is yours.

Last edited:

reksveks

When the guy who helped invent mRNA vaccine tech has a problem with these vaccines it makes me a bit more inclined to be worried.

I need to find the article where he did sound like he had a chip on his shoulder about something financial

Not sure if you were referring to the video in this fact check article

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

On that I disagree I spent quite some time in the chemo ward in the hospital I am a patient at and some people are too frail to take the vaccine.But you know what anybody that has a valid medical reason not to take the vaccine isn't an antivax.Some would love too but cannot.Of course they take extra precaution because they know they'd most probably die from covid due to their health more assuredly tha if they had had the vaccine but the risk is too high for them.
They aren't selfish and really having spent time and talking with them is enlightening on how the vaccine is a chance and a privilege.
Some are no longer attending the chemo sessions and the nurse can't tell us why but we all know why they're no longer here and it is always saddening when some don't show up when they were planned to be there.

Optimus Lime

On that I disagree I spent quite some time in the chemo ward in the hospital I am a patient at and some people are too frail to take the vaccine.But you know what anybody that has a valid medical reason not to take the vaccine isn't an antivax.Some would love too but cannot.Of course they take extra precaution because they know they'd most probably die from covid due to their health more assuredly tha if they had had the vaccine but the risk is too high for them.
They aren't selfish and really having spent time and talking with them is enlightening on how the vaccine is a chance and a privilege.
Some are no longer attending the chemo sessions and the nurse can't tell us why but we all know why they're no longer here and it is always saddening when some don't show up when they were planned to be there.
I'm not sure where you have acquired the idea that anyone is arguing that people with genuine medical complications should be tied down and forced to be vaccinated. Nobody is suggesting that, it's a strawman that was introduced to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom