• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Promotes COVID Vaccination & Dispels Vaccine Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Of my god ou got a ceo and licence revoked doctors!!!My argument falls completely flat on its face then....But yet 99% of epidemiologist doctor and scientist do agree about the efficiency of the vaccine and that the pros far outweight the cons.
But statistic aren't interesting when they don't fit your narrative I guess.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
I'm not sure where you have acquired the idea that anyone is arguing that people with genuine medical complications should be tied down and forced to be vaccinated. Nobody is suggesting that, it's a strawman that was introduced to the thread.
Nah I was just pointing that his example can be totally valid to which I found you side stepped instead of answering simply that nobody call them selfish, because a medical reason to not get vaccinated is a valid reason and probably the only valid reason.

Corndog

Banned
Of my god ou got a ceo and licence revoked doctors!!!My argument falls completely flat on its face then....But yet 99% of epidemiologist doctor and scientist do agree about the efficiency about the vaccine and that the pros far outweight the cons.
False. Many are concerned. How do we know there will be no long term issues without waiting to find out? I guess more people dying from this vaccine than all vaccines over the last 30 years combined is no reason for concern.

The Xvax ads are highly counterproductive, since it makes it just harder to believe that these companies are acting in our best interest. I'm very sceptical of this particular vaccine, but that is unrelated to nanobots or something. People i deem very trustworthy do not recommend the jab and since vaccinated can catch and spread the delta variant around, there is no point in doing it for the benefit of public health. We live in truly bizarre times and i think we should try to be more understanding and compassionate with people who have deviating opinions. Everyone should decide for themselves if the jab is appropriate without this constant pressure. I just don't need any more propaganda when i just want to play games and forget about all the things happening out there.

Last edited:

Concern

Of my god ou got a ceo and licence revoked doctors!!!My argument falls completely flat on its face then....But yet 99% of epidemiologist doctor and scientist do agree about the efficiency about the vaccine and that the pros far outweight the cons.

The most interesting statistic is the over 99% survival rate. Censoring contradictory opinions only further increases people's distrust.

And let's not forget all the bribing too.

But again... over 99%

GHG

Gold Member
There's plenty of intelligent people in this thread. Thanati's contributions, for example, have been great. You're just not one of them.

I'm not interested in a discussion, no. If you'd like to present your research credentials, I'd be more than happy to engage with you via PM. But, anything else? No. The level of white hot idiocy emanating from the anti-vaccination posters is kind of gross. Sorry.

But, if you have a research background and have more to talk about than imaginary people and Youtube videos, my inbox is yours.

What's interesting in all of this is the fact that you seem to only see things in black or white. There are "anti-vaxxers" and those who are "pro-vaccinations" and nothing in between. No grey areas, no individual circumstances to take into account. The person I'm speaking about isn't "anti" anything. Everyone seemingly has to stand with you or they are against you. Anyone who you deem to be "against" your train of thought is fair game for a barrage of insults. What are you hoping to achieve in doing so exactly?

And while I appreciate the invitation, no, I'm especially not interested in PM'ing you. Any discussion there is to be had can be done out in the open here. I would recommend you go see someone about that myopia sooner rather than later though.

Last edited:

Corndog

Banned
I couldn't find the video where he and 2 doctors were discussing it, was about 19 minutes I think. Big brother youtube take it down, or did I just miss it?
Yes it was taken down. Here is a 1 hour version of it.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
False. Many are concerned. How do we know there will be no long term issues without waiting to find out? I guess more people dying from this vaccine than all vaccines over the last 30 years combined is no reason for concern.
Great claim calls great provesbut if you want the stats of all the vaccinated people there's been 18000 deaths, of all those deaths the investigations to check if they were linked to the vaccines, spoiler, the vast majority aren't linked to it (keep in mind that someone vaccinated that died during a car incident for example is included in those stats and they are worldwide stats).
Now let's talk about side effect of vaccines and beside an allergy to one of its component most of them are fever like sensation.Now for long lasting effects of vaccines none of them have side effect above 7 months (most of them after 2 months).
If you are affraid oabout dna modification this vaccine doesn't change anything but the virus has a slight chance of modifying human dna(fun fact about 8% of human dna has been modified due to viruses).
And once more about rn vaccine they've been studied since the 60's and are probably the vaccines that have been the most tested since the invention of vaccines).

When Microsoft's advice is the same as the medical experts it's ok to listen to it.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

We are already well past that point. The period you are talking about is a 6 week span of time after receiving vaccination. If there were going to be any major, disastrous side effects, they would have appeared in that first 6 weeks after the first shot or the second shot. It's safe to say we are well past that 6 week period. This is what the science says.

Last edited:
What in the absolute hell are you babbling about? There's not even words in what you're trying to say. It's literally a bunch of rambling, incoherent nonsense!
ffs... it was a return joke... are you angry? , or, trying to troll my knowledge?

or superior iq....

have i not fed most of you *lot* enough yet.....??

is thanati not full?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
We are already well past that point. The period you are talking about is a 6 week span of time after receiving vaccination. If there were going to be any major, disastrous side effects, they would have appeared in that first 6 weeks after the first shot or the second shot. It's safe to say we are well past that 6 week period. This is what the science says.
I generally disagree with you in this forum, but you are totally right there.People tend to mix vaccines be it 1,2 or even 3 jab with long exposition to unknown long lasting effects chemicals.Which are for the most part not present in this vaccine (of which you can check the composition online) and that are evacuated from the system quickly.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
You should get vaccinated. There's a massive amount of misinformation floating around on social media about the vaccine and it's very easy to get roped into it, but the reality is that your risk profile is far better as a vaccinated person than as an unvaccinated person.

Because game companies have an insane reach and can get eyes on something important like this.
You're one step away from demanding all major companies should preach all your political beliefs or they should be canceled.

I agree that getting vaccinated is the intelligent decision. I also believe it's each individual person's right to make their own decision. Further, i don't believe it is a video game's company's obligation to tell me what to do in situations like this.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Because game companies have an insane reach and can get eyes on something important like this.
You think people who haven't made up their mind one way or another will be influenced by Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo telling them to get a vax on twitter?

If such people exist, then that is one of the most abhorrent cases of consumerist tribalism.

Hoddi

You're one step away from demanding all major companies should preach all your political beliefs or they should be canceled.

I agree that getting vaccinated is the intelligent decision. I also believe it's each individual person's right to make their own decision. Further, i don't believe it is a video game's company's obligation to tell me what to do in situations like this.
Political beliefs and vaccinations shouldn't even belong in the same sentence. It really shows how awful US politics have become.

I otherwise stay out of these things (because I'm not an American) but I will say that my country hasn't had a COVID death since May and our vaccinations are currently at 84% of the population. There were two deaths in the last 48 hours, however, and both of those were tourists.

I can understand why people are fearful considering the amount of misinformation online. But letting it become a political issue is a huge mistake.

Unknown?

Political beliefs and vaccinations shouldn't even belong in the same sentence. It really shows how awful US politics have become.

I otherwise stay out of these things (because I'm not an American) but I will say that my country hasn't had a COVID death since May and our vaccinations are currently at 84% of the population. There were two deaths in the last 48 hours, however, and both of those were tourists.

I can understand why people are fearful considering the amount of misinformation online. But letting it become a political issue is a huge mistake.
That's sadly the reason there's a lot of hesitation, the politicians here never let a tragedy go to waste and use it to try to one up the other.

Gamerbrain

Banned
You should get vaccinated. There's a massive amount of misinformation floating around on social media about the vaccine and it's very easy to get roped into it, but the reality is that your risk profile is far better as a vaccinated person than as an unvaccinated person.
When did you become a doctor?

TwiztidElf

Edit: Yeah, I'm out.
(Plus if I'd read the thread I would have seen it covered already p1-2).
MS are just boosting the good word. ok.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
They're jamming vax ads everywhere they can possibly think of. Its mostly got people I know, suspicious of how hard they're pushing it.
It really takes some serious cognitive disorder to think people pushing to save lives and protect unvaccinated children is somehow an evil conspiracy. Covid is a drag on everything. FFS we are getting shit for games this year because of it. There are no big companies out there not pushing vaccines because sick employees means quarantines and loss of productivity. It's really pathetic that people can't process simple truths. A lot of it is because they mistakenly think most people are as stupid and incompetent as they are.

[Sigma]

Took the J&J the other day and caught hell from the side effects lol. I had like not gotten sleep for about almost 20 hours prior to the shot which is a red flag as I was already tired and anxious. Probably should have waited another day.. Took the shot and I felt fine after taking it at about 1:00pm. Went about my day doing errands on the move a lot for a bit. Then took a 3 hour power nap. Got up, felt initially fine, thought I was going to escape all side effects other than the normal sore arm where I got the shot and got something tp eat at about 11:00pm. It was all downhill from there. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Started with the chills but at the same time my body warmed up big time. So I hid under the covers trying to warm up despite my body being really warm. Fever reached 101 when I checked. Took a Tylenol. Dragged myself back to bed and did the same thing(under covers trying to warm up). Then my nerves were on fire and I started getting delirious. Felt like I was in real trouble at that point. Considered calling my bro to take me to the hospital but decided to tough it out. Shit last about 5 hours, I was on cloud 9 after the pain subsided but that feeling wasn't worth the pain I experienced lol. The symptoms actually came back about 7 hours latter but not nearly to the same degree. I felt uncomfortable for a few more hours hardly unable to get sleep but that eventually went away too. Been feeling fine since. I know blood cloths are a thing when it comes to the J&J vaccine although rare, i'll be at least trying to recognize signs of that. Took the shot because it was a one shot deal for about 6 months. Didn't want to have show up for a second shot soon like the other versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom