• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S and X hits 1m UK sales in strong December | UK Monthly Charts

chonga

Great month for Xbox, I expected a solid performance, due to how frequently the consoles came into stock throughout December.
You would think everyone owns a switch by now, but they are selling like crazy still.
Still think these UK sales posts are pointless though, especially with how the conversation goes each time, it adds nothing off value.
As long as there is a supply of new children there will be a supply of parents handing Nintendo some money to be able shut their kids up for 5 minutes.

Ozriel

M$FT
I'm fine with that. I'd rather not watch a system get released and stress out trying to even get it. 2024 when the chips are available, and the system will probably be better off anyway. They have enough money to have everyone take a vacation for 2023 if they wanted.

Yeah. The way ARM development is going, a 2024 ARM chipset for the Switch 2 would be more powerful than the PS4 in the GPU department and definitely laptop class for the CPU.
If they do the sensible thing and stick with NVIDiA, they’re probably looking at an SOC that’s Ray tracing capable and with tensor cores for DLSS. Couple that with decent RAM and you could conceivably see them getting lots of next gen ports.

ZywyPL

Banned
60z1i6.jpg

leo-j

Xbox series S is killing it. Smart move by Microsoft to make that product. They can produce it and make it the only nexgen console readily avail, while Sony can barely stock PlayStation consoles. Embarrassing tbh.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Yeah, there is absolutely no denying that in the current climate…the series S was an absolutely genius move by ms. Excellent forward thinking, but also and absolutely huge fluke that the world has gone to shit with production And allowing them to capitalise on it.

Last edited:

MurfHey

I do find this really fascinating. I’m UK as well and thought PS5 would be the hot ticket item this year (I’ve had the digital since last year and the kids usually want what I’ve got).

But no. Get this. All the kids in the family (the ones 11 and above) wanted fucking PCs. Like seriously. PCs. The ones who had birthday money etc saved up financially contributed to a gaming PC for their Christmas present. Loads of their mates have PCs and they chat away on discord whilst playing.

I work all day on PCs and just don’t have time for them in my spare time (Stronghold/Crusaders aside).

I think it’s because all of the Youtubers they watch have gaming PCs.

I sound like an old fuck but I just don’t get it.
I was a pc gamer up until ps4, when I went fully console gaming. Got a job on IT and sit at a computer all day for work, I cant do it at home anymore. I know it's technically the same thing, sitting in front of a TV and all. But something about consoles are different, I just chill on the couch. I'm basically playing the same games, bit not being on pc helps me disconnect. I know pc gaming is the best place best place play, I just can't.

Lognor

Banned
I see fire emojis from some people who were previously calling for UK sales threads to not be allowed.

giphy.webp
To not be allowed? What are you talking about?

And tell me, can you download a Ps5 or a XSX? See the difference?

Xbox series S is killing it. Smart move by Microsoft to make that product. They can produce it and make it the only nexgen console readily avail, while Sony can barely stock PlayStation consoles. Embarrassing tbh.

right. sony should wave a magic wand and PS5's will be produced from thin air! what are they doing?

According to the UK charts, people are only buying the consoles though, no games... How strange.
You can’t really believe this right? You think they’re playing nothing ? Obviously with gamepass and digital with quick resume that’s how most people go.

ZywyPL

Banned
You can’t really believe this right? You think they’re playing nothing ? Obviously with gamepass and digital with quick resume that’s how most people go.

Or could be the scalpers, they have no interest in getting the games.

But yeah, I can imagine many people who go for XSS got it solely for GP, a the most obvious budget combo. And with Play Anywhere thing, getting MS games in physical form makes little to no sense, why would anyone prefer to buy a game for just one console when for the same money you can buy the game for XB1, XSX/S, PC, and any future console MS releases?

cireza

Banned
It was a joke post, because some people have been saying how Xbox was failing in UK because of the lower UK retail sales numbers for games lol... UK retail sales are mostly irrelevant. Consoles sales are more interesting, you can't buy your console digitally yet. But anyway, we had the 12 millions worldwide figure recently, making this uninteresting overall.

Last edited:

Woopah

If people aren't interested in sales threads don't enter them. No reason to complain.

Probably because they decided to ship a lot of those units to Japan.

Xbox will likely beat the PS5 in the US too. When is NPD for December coming out?
18 Jan

Top Bottom