• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X 16GB GDDR6 RAM Will Allow Instant Transitions, Boosted Performance – Dev

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Developer Terry Malham, senior CEO of Wild Sphere, the makers of Gigantosaurus The Game. In a recent interview with GamingBolt, when asked about the console’s memory in particular – its 16 GB of GDDR6 RAM – he talked about how it will boost various aspects of games, from performance to transitions.

“This is faster memory than the previous generation hardware,” Malham told us. “It will help overall performance of the game. Equally important here is the amount of RAM, 16GB. A lot of games could fit entirely into memory, allowing instant transitions.”

Give me the Hellpoint scoop, IP

as far as entire games fitting entirely into memory, I'm assuming we are talking about small indie projects only?

Last edited:
And like anything related to the PlayStation 5 this will basically equally apply to both. I hate these one sided hot takes regardless of which direction they lean.

The systems are designed nearly identically, they just took nuanced liberties with the same general designs.

Top Bottom