• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X: Microsoft Appears To Be Facing Limited Supply [Tech4gamers]

This is the logic I'm seeing a lot of in this thread, there were "options" to get the PS5 when it was having low stock as well, but people were still saying it was low stock based on the average persons accessibility.

I'm not sure why the rules are changing here for Xbox, there's no difference.

Series X is more powerful than the PS5.

Also Xbox One wasn't expensive to produce, the One X was, which was also more powerful than the PS4 and PS4 pro.

Even the base Xbox One wasn't expensive to produce, with and without Kinect.
Not remotely the same situation but at least you tried Eddie.

Not remotely the same situation but at least you tried Eddie.

Except it is the situation.

The situation is that when PS5 even when it was more common but not yet announced that the production problems were over, was never said to have been "available" despite there being "options" because the average person did not have access.

This rule is for some reason being changed for Xbox, and now if there are "options" it basically means there's no reason for anyone to experience shortages, despite that happening in many places.

Unless you add something outside of that point to the conversation there is no difference. No one is talking about "amounts" we are talking about many places having low supply, the amount of "many" between PS5 and XBS is irrelevant if it's still enough to say people can't find a console to buy. I bring this up because I know that's the poor argument you're about to use to claim the situation is different.

Which raises the question; "why are we seeing so much parity with 3rd party developers between a powerful and less-powerful console, and why does the less-powerful consoles often edge out the more powerful console and run consistently better?"

Regardless who your favourite plastic box company is, that question needs addressing.

Less-powerful console does not edge out the Xbox Series X for most games. That's why there are threads about certain titles when it happens, because it's expected not to happen at all, those threads are testimate to how unusual it is.

You have working eyes, most games are better on X. Even a simple search shows that. That's why each time there's a thread on the opposite its a spectacle.

I read it differently. That Phil Spencer said stock was going to be tighter last holiday season because they knew their sales were going in the crapper compared to the surging PS5.

Except that theory is silly, and another executive from Xbox, thread was made here, directly said there would not be enough supply to meet demand because they couldn't get the production needed.

Also to believe this theory would require someone insane to also believe that Phil thought the S was going to outsell the PS5 or be close, which is not how this gen has operated at all, and would be an abrupt change in strategy out of nowhere.

Simply the answer is they have supply issues, and there are many articles coming out even just today there is a thread with poor Xbox sales estimates that also still note supply issues for the X. Everyone knows that the X has supply issues accept people who want to pretend Xbox is falling apart.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Less-powerful console does not edge out the Xbox Series X for most games. That's why there are threads about certain titles when it happens, because it's expected not to happen at all, those threads are testimate to how unusual it is.

You have working eyes, most games are better on X. Even a simple search shows that. That's why each time there's a thread on the opposite its a spectacle.

Typically the differences are negligible with slight advantages for XSX that no one would even know about unless folks like DF informed us about it. If the disparity is significant in either direction it becomes a spectacle. See Lego Star Wars last year where the PS5 version was noticeably the worse version.

Edge out? That's your terminology? The series X should be noticeably better than the PS5 with the on-paper spec difference.

Typically the differences are negligible with slight advantages for XSX that no one would even know about unless folks like DF informed us about it. If the disparity is significant in either direction it becomes a spectacle. See Lego Star Wars last year where the PS5 version was noticeably the worse version.

Which is my point, the only time there's a big deal about power is the fanboys having spectacle wars about uncommon differences on both sides.

The argument the user had implying Xbox was "weak" as if that was universal fact was silly.

Xbox Series X is not underpowered, and to be frank neither is the PS5. Only underpowered low gaming device is the handheld Switch for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Which is my point, the only time there's a big deal about power is the fanboys having spectacle wars about uncommon differences.

The argument the user had implying Xbox was "weak" as if that was universal fact was silly.

Xbox Series X is not underpowered, and to be frank neither is the PS5. Only underpowered low gaming device is the handheld Switch for obvious reasons.

Ok.....I understand what you are saying.

The series X should be noticeably better than the PS5 with the on-paper spec difference.

Then you must not be reading the spec sheet correctly nor are paying attention to what engines these games are using.

Only games made focusing on the X infrastructure deeply are going to showcase the hardware difference to the extent you imply.

Such as the upcoming Forza reboot, with it's native 4K HDR visuals, tons of stuff happening on screen, high texturing detail, and raytracing not just here or there, but in real-time all the time during gameplay without dropping the native 60fps.

Forza has been pushed back a few times for that promise, if the promise is fulfilled that will show you what kind of effort it takes to get that difference.

Otherwise most games look better on X but they aren't going to be pushing the hardware enough for massive differences.

Only third parties MS works with or FP titles are going to achieve that. Just like how despite new engines and digging into PS5 dev tools, tps still have not matched Sony partnered games or FP games in graphics on the PS5.

onQ123

Except that theory is silly, and another executive from Xbox, thread was made here, directly said there would not be enough supply to meet demand because they couldn't get the production needed.

Also to believe this theory would require someone insane to also believe that Phil thought the S was going to outsell the PS5 or be close, which is not how this gen has operated at all, and would be an abrupt change in strategy out of nowhere.

Simply the answer is they have supply issues, and there are many articles coming out even just today there is a thread with poor Xbox sales estimates that also still note supply issues for the X. Everyone knows that the X has supply issues accept people who want to pretend Xbox is falling apart.
So you don't have proof? lol

xrnzaaas

Microsoft should be getting ready with the production if they want to release their 'first' big Series games this year. People like me will finally want to buy a new console, but won't even consider buying a Series S instead because of lack of power and no bluray drive.

Tiamat2san

Amazon France shows both the standalone and the Forza horizon 5 bundle as in stock and ready to buy. I suppose some places will be without some stock but there are options to buy the system throughout Europe.
I was talking about physical stores.
Fnac, Micromania, boulanger etc…

Fuck Amazon. They are evil. 🤬

Top Bottom