• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X/S consoles continue to sell at a record pace, Microsoft has claimed

Riky

$MSFT
I’m sure there’s zero bias and he just needs it for scientific research 😂

JvOOniM.jpg

Wow, that some serious frustration issues right there🤣🤣

Ozriel

M$FT
it would be great if xbox will succeed but it will do even better if xbox PR team would be more transparent. see i wish all the best for xbox :messenger_grinning_smiling:

So you don’t want them to ‘burn in HELL’ anymore? 😂
You know they haven’t dropped Gamepass, right?

any knowledgeable person with education reading about records would expect some figures to back it up rather take word from others.

“You’ll never get a new AAA title on Gamepass”

— Knowledgable Darius87, 2020.

Darius87

I’m sure there’s zero bias and he just needs it for scientific research 😂

JvOOniM.jpg
so you aren't bias? who isn't biased in here? :messenger_grinning_smiling: and i still stand by this comment even it is 2 years old because yes i don't want same games over and over again lack of exclussives, there's nothing wrong for demanding better experiences but i agree this comment was bit over the top or to angry stance from me.

Last edited:

CeeJay

so you aren't bias? who isn't biased in here? :messenger_grinning_smiling: and i still stand by this comment even it is 2 years old because yes i don't want same games over and over again lack of exclussives, there's nothing wrong for demanding better experiences but i agree this comment was bit over the top or to angry stance from me.
"You’ll never get a new AAA title on game pass"

Really?

Darius87

So you don’t want them to ‘burn in HELL’ anymore? 😂
You know they haven’t dropped Gamepass, right?

“You’ll never get a new AAA title on Gamepass”

— Knowledgable Darius87, 2020.
switch heads and management for xbox and i'll be good.

Ozriel

M$FT

Just 10 mins ago you said you wanted the best for MS and for Xbox to do well. You said it’d be great if they succeeded.

Now you’re saying you’re standing by comments you made 1.5 years ago where you desperately prayed for them to fail and exit the gaming business and wished they’d ‘burn in HELL’.

I’m starting to worry about you.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

They all produce the same games over and over

Gran tourism 7
rachet and klank
horizon zero dawn 2
god of war
street fighter 5

to name a few. Xbox has it to, people want to play the franchises they love. Yes new games are a must but both Microsoft and Sony are guilty of many sequels

Darius87

Just 10 mins ago you said you wanted the best for MS and for Xbox to do well. You said it’d be great if they succeeded.

Now you’re saying you’re standing by comments you made 1.5 years ago where you desperately prayed for them to fail and exit the gaming business and wished they’d ‘burn in HELL’.

I’m starting to worry about you.
don't worry things change over the time but keep digging into past.

Darius87

They all produce the same games over and over

Gran tourism 7
rachet and klank
horizon zero dawn 2
god of war
street fighter 5

to name a few. Xbox has it to, people want to play the franchises they love. Yes new games are a must but both Microsoft and Sony are guilty of many sequels
gran turismo, ratcher god of war street fighter started back in the 90's while you had forzas and halo coming almost every year bad argument.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
gran turismo, ratcher god of war street fighter started back in the 90's while you had forzas and halo coming almost every year bad argument.

Forza and Forza horizon are completely different games. Halo first launched in 2001 and we have had one game every 3 years? So not quite the picture your painting and also halo 5 to infinite was a huge break

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
This type of response is a typical MS fanboy/girl.
Starts off with the usual shit.......
Accuses anyone asking for numbers of being Sony hardcore etc etc.
Shareholders and investors will be mentioned because apparently they are the only people who should have this information.
Accuses anyone interested in numbers of being jealous etc. Non of us own a Series S or X.
Another typical fanboy/girl sign never fails to mention how Xbox is a small part of MS business. MS is a trillion dollar company the usual spiel.
It's sad and pathetic. Like i said before MS should STFU if they can't backup the numbers talk. It's no point in claiming record breaking sales if you can't provide the numbers.
This has nothing to do with the one ring you xbots love going on about.....
Bro, you sound fucking stupid. Seriously. The ONLY reason anyone wants to know about "console sales" is for console warrior shenanigans. Plain and simple. No one gets paid from knowing how many consoles sold from either Xbox or Sony. And Microsoft left the console only business a while ago. Yet, dudes like you keep ignoring this blatant fact as if we're still back in 2001.

Fucking Christ, son. Who gives a shit who sold how many??

Darius87

Forza and Forza horizon are completely different games. Halo first launched in 2001 and we have had one game every 3 years? So not quite the picture your painting and also halo 5 to infinite was a huge break
God of War - 2005
Ratchet and Clank - 2002

Halo Franchise - 2001
Forza Motorsport - 2005

When you’re in a hole, stop digging
there's 14 halo's games from 2001 and 14 forza's games from 2005
there's 7 GT's from 1997 and 7 god if wars from 2005
MS releases twice many more games with shorter window between releases sony spreads theyr franchices more across multiple platforms.

Darius87

Bro, you sound fucking stupid. Seriously. The ONLY reason anyone wants to know about "console sales" is for console warrior shenanigans. Plain and simple. No one gets paid from knowing how many consoles sold from either Xbox or Sony. And Microsoft left the console only business a while ago. Yet, dudes like you keep ignoring this blatant fact as if we're still back in 2001.

good that you agree that you were fanboy in 360 days and half pass xone generation (y) :messenger_grinning_smiling:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
MS releases twice many more games with shorter window between releases sony spreads theyr franchices more across multiple platforms.

So your counting the strategy games as the something as the first person games?

god of war has has 15 games if we are counting it ,like that also rachet and clank has had 17 games also

while we are at it there are 13 Forza games

do your research properly

Last edited:

CuNi

you do realize that for example the "14 Halo's" were developed by multiple studios right?
Because.. it's a franchise.. what comes next, will you drag in Comic book sales too!?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

MXG7XRK.gif

Darius87

So your counting the strategy games as the something as the first person games?

god of war has has 15 games if we are counting it ,like that also rachet and clank has had 17 games also

while we are at it there are 13 Forza games

do your research properly
it's still halo in title while it's different genre but it would be wrong to say as it's not halo game.
i counted from wiki where did you get 15 GOW games? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Game focused xbox one would be exactly the same, but without HDMI In and Kinect. Esram was there to offset performance of slower memory that MS had to use to be sure they will be able to ship console with 8gb of RAM.

Maybe, there was talk that 8gb of memory was decided early on because Microsoft needed it for the TV stuff, hypervisor, and overall OS design.

If it was gaming focused GDDR5 was the superior choice. People even thought the PS4 with 4gb of GDDR5 would still be superior.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
it's still halo in title while it's different genre but it would be wrong to say as it's not halo game.
i counted from wiki where did you get 15 GOW games? :messenger_grinning_smiling:

there you go, and ok if you want to have halo in the title but you know your being pedantic now.

John Wick

No you fucking sound stupid bro. I'm not the one claiming record breaking sales yet don't provide the figures to back that claim up with.
Its funny how dickheads love knowing the 12tf of power metric but hate figures that backup the talk for record setting sales figures? Like 12tf decides how good your games are eh? Why were certain dickheads so obsessed with this figure eh??? Console warring is it? Didn't realise teraflops improved your enjoyment of gaming eh?

Darius87

Says the PlayStation guy in a Xbox thread 😆
i'm good game guy
you do realize that for example the "14 Halo's" were developed by multiple studios right?
Because.. it's a franchise.. what comes next, will you drag in Comic book sales too!?
yes because i can play with comic books.

there you go, and ok if you want to have halo in the title but you know your being pedantic now.
you including collections and mobile games you're trying to hard.
Going by your logic, there are 19 Ratchet and Clank games since 2002.
my logic definetely doesn't includes collections and mobile games we speaking about console releases afterall. it's definetively not 19. keep trying your get right after 10 comments.

Cherrypepsi

24h with XSX, It's really a fine piece of tech. I wish my PC was this silent. I literally hear my heartbeat over this.
The console is a good match for my LG B9 but I have to find good HDR settings. Quick resume is so good.

Shame that I already finished Halo on PC and I'm not really a fan of Forza Horizon 5.

I started to play Fable and Dishonored 2 last night and I still have lots of games to try. To be honest I thought there were more new games on gamepass but I'm not disappointed. It's still a good deal. I just need to buy games now :) oh, and I need the elite 2.

I bought the xbox because it was available unlike the PS5 and I was curious. I will still get a PS5 at some point but I won't pay a scalper.

It's good that both consoles are on the same performance level and there are more and more crossplay games, so it doesnt matter where you play. ❤

As long as these shortages continue to plague Sony and Microsoft, I’m not sure if they will even come close to their numbers from the previous generation, let alone surpass them. Microsoft are off to a better start so far it seems, but if they can’t rectify the supply issue in a timely manner, it can definitely be a huge problem for them even if they end up with a plethora of good games. Maybe things will change by the time the high profile titles come out, so we will see.

Last edited:

Stuart360

As long as these shortages continue to plague Sony and Microsoft, I’m not sure if they will even come close to their numbers from the previous generation, let alone surpass them. Right now Microsoft is doing a seemingly very questionable job of supplying my area with XSX’s so far. Maybe things will change, so we will see.
Well we have had these chip problems since launch, and both PS5 and the Series consoles are selling faster than prior Xbox/Playstation consoles so.
If anything its just showing there is way more demand for these consoles this gen, for whatever reason.

CuNi

i'm good game guy

yes because i can play with comic books.

you including collections and mobile games you're trying to hard.

my logic definetely doesn't includes collections and mobile games we speaking about console releases afterall. it's definetively not 19. keep trying your get right after 10 comments.

So if you call out that guy for including collections and mobile games.. please do elaborate on your "14 Halo's" claim then. I'm waiting.

ZywyPL

Banned
I've tried to stay away from console warring. I try to be reasonable in my responses. I blast Sony when they do stupid things as well. So the typical response from Xbots really annoys me. Not your post as you tend to be very reasonable when it comes to debating on here. I just find the numbers talk is pointless if MS don't want to share the numbers.

Well who are you that a person positioned as high as Spencer has to give you the exact numbers? That's right, a nobody, a random person on the internet Spencer doesn't even knows exists.

BUT - if you really want the numbers so badly, how about you do your own fucking research instead of whining here every 10min? Spencer said it's the best selling XB ever, so all you have to do is compare XB, X360 and XB1 sales within their first 13 months and there you go, not that hard and doesn't require a tenth of a percent of the effort you're putting in all those rambling posts.

And many people already did the math but you seem to (purposely?) miss it, so let me please inform you that XB has sold in over 10M units so far. There, let that sink in.

Stuart360

So if you call out that guy for including collections and mobile games.. please do elaborate on your "14 Halo's" claim then. I'm waiting.
Unless i'm forgetting some games, its 6 mainline Halo's, 2 side games, and 2 RTS spin offs?.
I wouldnt exactly call that excessive for a 20 year time span covering Xbox's flagship series.

John Wick

That comes across massive fanboy when you say they should STFU

they are not here to please you with console warring. People only want numbers for a pissing contest. Just believe them that they are doing well and competition is good
It's simple don't boast if your not prepared to back it up with hard numbers.
Your right MS aren't here to please me with numbers now are they? They certainly were when they were doing well though?
"People only want numbers for a pissing contest?"
MS: Series X 12tf most powerful console ever made? They seem very keen to stress numbers when it suits them. A lot like certain fangirls......

kingfey

Banned
This is the odd bit and the habit of speaking out of both sides of your mouth / wanting your cake and eating it too… you cannot have it both ways, either you disclose the numbers or you do not play the numbers game. How is stating this a fanboy argument? The answers to this I see are essentially “it is because… it is…”.
Why dont you ask games first? What do you gain about these numbers?

Occulus has 10m devices sold, yet psvr has more big games, that console, despite selling less devices.

If you want to see a success, judge the games. They are doing much better now, than their entire xbox generation. Especially with 23 studios ready to make games for them.

CuNi

Unless i'm forgetting some games, its 6 mainline Halo's, 2 side games, and 2 RTS spin offs?.
I wouldnt exactly call that excessive for a 20 year time span covering Xbox's flagship series.

Depends on how you count what.
You have Halo 1 - 5 + Infinite, like you said 6 Mainline games. You have ODST and Reach, which one could call side games. We have HW 1 and 2, the RTS spinoffs as you said correctly and then we have Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault, which are mobile games, we have Halo: Recruit for VR and Fireteam Raven as a Arcade game, as well as MCC obviously. But since he said he doesn't count mobile games and compilations, were left with H1-5, Infinite, Reach, ODST and HW1+2. So there is only 10 "big" Halo games, of which 2 are RTS games developed by a completely different studio.

yup it's 13 halo games, that was not intentional, just to many halo games.

It's 10 my dude, as shown above. I know, when one tries as hard to console war, it's hard keeping facts since they usually don't play out in your favor. But that's okay. One day maybe you'll also learn to love yourself and accept you for who you are.

John Wick

Well who are you that a person positioned as high as Spencer has to give you the exact numbers? That's right, a nobody, a random person on the internet Spencer doesn't even knows exists.

BUT - if you really want the numbers so badly, how about you do your own fucking research instead of whining here every 10min? Spencer said it's the best selling XB ever, so all you have to do is compare XB, X360 and XB1 sales within their first 13 months and there you go, not that hard and doesn't require a tenth of a percent of the effort you're putting in all those rambling posts.

And many people already did the math but you seem to (purposely?) miss it, so let me please inform you that XB has sold in over 10M units so far. There, let that sink in.
Oh no is this what it's come to now? The high and mighty Phil doesn't know who I am? I think he fukin does because John Wick is well known and would kick his arse.
I'm not the one making claims. Phil is so it's upto him to back it up with hard numbers.
You estimated 10 million good for you.
The only effort I put in is to counter the shit xbots write to skirt around why MS don't give the numbers. But typical MS love giving certain numbers that aid their console warring even though Phil claims the opposite.

Stuart360

Oh no is this what it's come to now? The high and mighty Phil doesn't know who I am? I think he fukin does because John Wick is well known and would kick his arse.
I'm not the one making claims. Phil is so it's upto him to back it up with hard numbers.
You estimated 10 million good for you.
The only effort I put in is to counter the shit xbots write to skirt around why MS don't give the numbers. But typical MS love giving certain numbers that aid their console warring even though Phil claims the opposite.
That John Wick line cracked me up, touche.

But John you seem quite pissed over the 12tf number, you have mentioned it numerous times. Dont be pissed, its just marketing. Of course they are going to promote the 12tf number, especially as we just left the XB1/PS4 gen where all everyone talked about the whole gen was teraflops.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
No you fucking sound stupid bro. I'm not the one claiming record breaking sales yet don't provide the figures to back that claim up with.
Its funny how dickheads love knowing the 12tf of power metric but hate figures that backup the talk for record setting sales figures? Like 12tf decides how good your games are eh? Why were certain dickheads so obsessed with this figure eh??? Console warring is it? Didn't realise teraflops improved your enjoyment of gaming eh?

Companies have to release the specification of hardware being sold to consumers. It’s important info, since it helps consumers make an informed decision and helps them appreciate the value of what they’re putting their money towards.

You’ve so far failed to explain to an increasingly skeptical audience how knowing the exact sales figures for xbox impacts your purchase of an xbox or your enjoyment of said xbox.

You’re making incoherent arguments.

But typical MS love giving certain numbers that aid their console warring even though Phil claims the opposite.

So when Lenovo tells me what CPU is in my Legion 5 Pro and the wattage of the RTX GPU, it’s to ‘aid their laptop warring’?

Darius87

Depends on how you count what.
You have Halo 1 - 5 + Infinite, like you said 6 Mainline games. You have ODST and Reach, which one could call side games. We have HW 1 and 2, the RTS spinoffs as you said correctly and then we have Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault, which are mobile games, we have Halo: Recruit for VR and Fireteam Raven as a Arcade game, as well as MCC obviously. But since he said he doesn't count mobile games and compilations, were left with H1-5, Infinite, Reach, ODST and HW1+2. So there is only 10 "big" Halo games, of which 2 are RTS games developed by a completely different studio.

It's 10 my dude, as shown above. I know, when one tries as hard to console war, it's hard keeping facts since they usually don't play out in your favor. But that's okay. One day maybe you'll also learn to love yourself and accept you for who you are
my mistake on count that's definetily not warring you sound like you wanted to be. i was looking at wiki without googling what platform it was on(i assumed it was on xbox) t wasn't intentional like i said before.

Top Bottom