• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X|S outsold PlayStation 5 in Europe for the first time last month (VCG) (Due to supply constrain, this is available stock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Title is hilarious :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Is "SaleSplaining" a thing now? :coffee:

It is a bit interesting that OP felt the need to go out of their way to put that in the title lol

bagdad-bob.gif

Kokoloko85

Why is it arrogance Lol?

Seriously Xbox at its mightiest sold close to 80million units? Thats including releasing a year earlier than PS3, at a lower price….

Xbox 360, had alot of positives that generation, Online gaming and store. Gears and Halo 3. Xbox having playstation centric titles for the first time like Tekken, Final Fantasy 13, Devil May Cry etc. Plus much better to develope 3rd party games on Xbox than on PS3. Playstation on the other hand Was doing everything wrong apart from doubling down on 1st party titles after 2009.

Despite the extra year and cheaper price, it still didn’t sell as much as Playstations lowest selling console ever, the PS3.

The 360 was the xbox comeback, its not gonna get back to those numbers unless Playstation start doing things very wrong again, I dont see it happening this generation.

JackMcGunns

It's a shame that people had to settle for the S.

Why would that be a shame, and not a shame that some people had to settle for PS4s? At least those that got the Series S ended up with the same Zen 2 CPU as the PS5/XSX, an RDNA2 architecture and an SSD. The people who had to settle for a PS4, (which was Sony's strategy) are pretty much screwed and stuck on last gen load times and 30fps, and forget any next gen only games.

kingfey

Banned
Why is it arrogance Lol?

Seriously Xbox at its mightiest sold close to 80million units? Thats including releasing a year earlier than PS3, at a lower price….

Xbox 360, had alot of positives that generation, Online gaming and store. Gears and Halo 3. Xbox having playstation centric titles for the first time like Tekken, Final Fantasy 13, Devil May Cry etc. Plus much better to develope 3rd party games on Xbox than on PS3. Playstation on the other hand Was doing everything wrong apart from doubling down on 1st party titles after 2009.

Despite the extra year and cheaper price, it still didn’t sell as much as Playstations lowest selling console ever, the PS3.

The 360 was the xbox comeback, its not gonna get back to those numbers unless Playstation start doing things very wrong again, I dont see it happening this generation.
The time is different now. They own bethesda+activision+blizzard now.
Alot of people are interested in those games, especially call of duty.

Before Sony had the marketing deal for call of duty. Now, MS owns call of duty, so they will blast Xbox brand on that game, on every e3. Same with zenimax games.

Stuart360

Title is hilarious :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Is "SaleSplaining" a thing now? :coffee:
OP would of been jumped on if he hadnt added the 'disclaimer'.

As we know, every Xbox sale so far this gen has been from the 'clueless masses' going to a store wanting to buy a PS5, seeing they are not available, and buying an Xbox instead.
Microsoft should feel damn lucky that PS5 is so hard to get this gen.

Kokoloko85

The time is different now. They own bethesda+activision+blizzard now.
Alot of people are interested in those games, especially call of duty.

Before Sony had the marketing deal for call of duty. Now, MS owns call of duty, so they will blast Xbox brand on that game, on every e3. Same with zenimax games.

We will see. I doubt xbox will sel more than 65-70million ever again

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Why is it arrogance Lol?

If the sales of the Xbox series continues its on track to beat the 360 and considering XGS have only just scratched the surface of there output it makes sense that demand will increase.

But while consoles are an important component in Ms's strategy I expect sony to sell more but Xbox will still "win" because they will be generating more money from the Xbox business via gamepass.

kingfey

Banned
We will see. I doubt xbox will sel more than 65-70million ever again
I wouldnt hold on that one.

They have alot of attractiveness right now. Cheap console, gamepass, and alot of 1st party games, which people are interested in.

Xbox worst console sold 50m. That was the console, which has the worst output for 1st party.
I am seeing 80m to 90m, due to xss.

Kokoloko85

If the sales of the Xbox series continues its on track to beat the 360 and considering XGS have only just scratched the surface of there output it makes sense that demand will increase.

But while consoles are an important component in Ms's strategy I expect sony to sell more but Xbox will still "win" because they will be generating more money from the Xbox business via gamepass.

I dont think gamepass has increased profit much, they only had a 1% increase in revenue from last year. Whereas Playstation has alot more profit from its game division. No1 knows how much or if any profit is coming from gamepass. Not that its important to MS as they spend 80billion like it was nothing

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Gamepass is a money loser. So they won't "win" in any fashion until it's profitable.

pasterpl

Reminder: Both consoles are on heavy supply constrain. This is just available stock. Nothing more. Both consoles are facing production issues..
haven’t seen these type of headlines in threads where ps5 was outselling Xbox. Just saying.

kingfey

Banned
I dont think gamepass has increased profit much, they only had a 1% increase in revenue from last year. Whereas Playstation has alot more profit from its game division. No1 knows how much or if any profit is coming from gamepass. Not that its important to MS as they spend 80billion like it was nothing
Gamepass generates external profits, which boosts the overall profit of xbox.

Xbox (game sales, hardware sales, 3rd party sales, mtx, dlc, and other contents)+ Gamepass subscription.

Kokoloko85

I wouldnt hold on that one.

They have alot of attractiveness right now. Cheap console, gamepass, and alot of 1st party games, which people are interested in.

Xbox worst console sold 50m. That was the console, which has the worst output for 1st party.
I am seeing 80m to 90m, due to xss.

They have the attractiveness to you, but in the outside world, Playstation and Nintendo are way more popular.

No Xbox’s worst selling console sold 24million units, the OG xbox

Xbox OG - 24million
Xbox 360 - 85
Xbox 1- 50

kingfey

Banned
They have the attractiveness to you, but in the outside world, Playstation and Nintendo are way more popular.

No Xbox’s worst selling console sold 24million units, the OG xbox

Xbox OG - 24million
Xbox 360 - 85
Xbox 1- 50
Because of 2 consoles. Ps1 and Ps2.
OG xbox come out during ps2, where PS was dominating the world.
X360 is where they want toe to toe. and Xbox one almost ruined the brand.

For this gen, They have bethesda, which most of Europeans love (Doom, elderscrolls). Then you have the monsters that is activision+blizzards IPs (Overwatch+diablo+WOW). Then there is the behemoth that is call of duty.

Kokoloko85

Gamepass generates external profits, which boosts the overall profit of xbox.

Xbox (game sales, hardware sales, 3rd party sales, mtx, dlc, and other contents)+ Gamepass subscription.

Yeah theres no proof or numbers that gamepass is making profit. Those 1st party games arent cheap And neither are those 3rd party gamepass deals.

Atm they spend another 80billion on activision, so I doubt gamepass or the xbox division altogether will make profit over 80 billion lol.

But like I said, it doenst matter. MS has so much money they can bleed money for another 10 years and still will have a gaming division, so nothing to worry about.
If Nintendo or Playstation spend money like MS and made no profits they would be dead, Xbox on the other hand is fine

Kokoloko85

Because of 2 consoles. Ps1 and Ps2.
OG xbox come out during ps2, where PS was dominating the world.
X360 is where they want toe to toe. and Xbox one almost ruined the brand.

For this gen, They have bethesda, which most of Europeans love (Doom, elderscrolls). Then you have the monsters that is activision+blizzards IPs (Overwatch+diablo+WOW). Then there is the behemoth that is call of duty.

Activision is supposedly gonna be multiplatform so it wont make that much different.

Almost ruined but Playstation turned it around and went on to dominate xbox for 10 more years. Its been 10 years, let it go lol. They aint making that dream come back you want

kingfey

Banned
Yeah theres no proof or numbers that gamepass is making profit. Those 1st party games arent cheap And neither are those 3rd party gamepass deals
You also dont have the proof that they are not making profits.

Atm they spend another 80billion on activision, so I doubt gamepass or the xbox division altogether will make profit over 80 billion lol.
That is MS investment for metaverse, not gamepass.
With Activision, they can make contents for their metaverse.
Same as how zenimax purchase, was for their Orion cloud infrastructure.

But like I said, it doenst matter. MS has so much money they can bleed money for another 10 years and still will have a gaming division, so nothing to worry about.
MS cant afford to waste money. We like to say those words, but they won't stand as they lose money.
They closed mixer, because it was losing money for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom