• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Showcase and CoD Direct Will Stream at 4K/60 - Additional Deep Dives into Games Afterward

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Please note the /Xbox, /Bethesda and /ActivisionGames streams on YouTube will be in 4K at 60fps, while all other channels will be 1080p / 60fps.

Will Xbox be broadcasting post-show content? Starting from Monday, June 10 and running throughout that week, the Official Xbox Podcast will be airing a series of special episodes offering updates and deeper dives into titles featured during Xbox Games Showcase. These shows will be published daily on Xbox’s YouTube channel and podcast services, with accompanying articles on Xbox Wire. We look forward to sharing more details after the Showcase concludes.

How do I watch the Xbox Games Showcase and Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct? The Xbox Games Showcase and Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Direct will be streamed live on official Xbox, Bethesda, and Activision Blizzard channels, including the below:

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Awesome. Showing off games in 1080p feeds on youtube is absolutely ridiculous because of how much compression artifacts are added especially in fast moving levels. 4k 60 fps should get us the best bitrate possible on youtube right now. Probably close to bluray quality.

I need to see Fable. I am not into Gears anymore. Doom and CoD, maybe. But I NEED to see Perfect Dark and Fable. They have the potential to be the most impressive.

adamsapple

I would be ok with this, but at least something showing it's alive. Reveal was 3 years ago, I think it's time we get a release date.

If we see a Forza Horizon trailer, expect that it means Fable isn't coming anytime soon.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
I would be ok with this, but at least something showing it's alive. Reveal was 3 years ago, I think it's time we get a release date.
I doubt it. Fable has enough visual flair and actors to show up at Game Awards. They have a lot this year even without it.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
If we see a Forza Horizon trailer, expect that it means Fable isn't coming anytime soon.
I doubt it. Fable has enough visual flair and actors to show up at Game Awards. They have a lot this year even without it.
I know and you both are right BUT CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME DREAM

sad the walking dead GIF

Robb

Gold Member
Additional Deep Dives into Games Afterward
Do we know what?

I have zero interest in CoD. Not sure if it’ll be worth tuning in.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Do we know what?

I have zero interest in CoD. Not sure if it’ll be worth tuning in.

No specifics, but the blurb says its gonna be for games shown at the event.

the Official Xbox Podcast will be airing a series of special episodes offering updates and deeper dives into titles featured during Xbox Games Showcase.

Likely things like interviews with Coalition devs in case a Gears is announced or similar material.

This what a gaming is in 2024? A single map of an annual FPS shooter? When was it again they wanted to compete with films and books?

Are you ok? this is just a hands on thing for outlets half a year~ before the game actually comes out.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Fable is really the game I’m looking forward to. I hope Microsoft has something else compelling up their sleeves for this year.

MCplayer

where are the leaks of the games list? Do your job hackers, hurry up, I dont have all day ffs

Last edited:

Del_X

ehhhhh too early for a release date, we might get a generic "Summer 2025" at best.

Reveal trailer in 2020 and a game engine thing in 2023.

Still no gameplay. Unimaginable how poorly managed your studio has to be to have no gameplay after four years of pre-production and development.

Forza Horizon 6 gotta be this year. I'm not sure tho... if the stars align as planned, Microsoft gaming is packed with games the next 6 months: Avowed, Indiana Jones, Flight Simulator, Starfield DLC, COD. But putting a racing game here can improve the variety. 2026 and beyond...

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Perfect Dark and Gears is all I wanna see.

We probably get neither.

Lmao at fucking Sony having nothing to show this summer, again. Pathetic.

Im officially an Xbox stan until Sony holds a proper showcase.

time for a sexy gears avatar :messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Can't wait to see Nuketown for the 12th time.

We probably get neither.

It's Spring.

Last edited:

djjinx2

We probably get neither.

They can take their time with PD, they need to make it a tentpole release, they can dine good on a couple of sequels then too.

If it's average at best the Xbox becomes even more of a laughing stock (if that's possible)

Gears will be solid with amazing graphics as always. I hope to god it's a full reboot of it though

mystech

Literally all Microsoft has to do is give us something exclusive to look forward to in 2024. That’s it! Everything good Sony has (so far) is 2025. Nintendo won’t have anything exciting until 2025 either.

Give us Fable. Give us a good shadow drop. Prove to us that you still care about Xbox.

Ristifer

What are the chances Perfect Dark doesn't get shown in any way whatsoever? I'm preparing myself for disappointment.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
What are the chances Perfect Dark doesn't get shown in any way whatsoever? I'm preparing myself for disappointment.
60/40 odds we see it. Personally, I think it's pretty likely but they haven't said anything specifically about it since about 1 year ago when Booty publicly said they're trying to get a showing ready for it in 2024.

I just hope they changed course from that Eco Sci-Fi crap. I don't want a game all about the dangers of global warming or some shit like that.

Dutchy

Everybody being excited for cod MP and SP when all I really want is a decent zombie mode :messenger_loudly_crying: Any chance we'll get to see at least a glimpse of that on the 9th?

Chukhopops

Im ready for FH6 in Japan.

Switch off the soundtrack, use the Xbox headset to mix the car sounds with a playlist of 80s City J-Pop and Jazz.

Race through a map of mini-Japan going from island to island.

Absolute boomer dream.

Top Bottom