• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Studios has 7 titles releasing in the next 12 months

Vasto

I know that most of these are not the AAA titles that people are waiting for but it is still good to finally see a steady flow of Xbox 1st party releases. 2023 looks to be the year of the AAA titles with Forza Motorsport, Redfall and Starfield all coming in the 1st half of the year. My guess would be for the 2nd half of 2023 we will be getting Avowed and Hellblade II. If those are the releases that we will be getting for 2023 that would be a really good lineup for the year. I know the Xbox conference was not as good as people expected but after having a few days to process it I am now glad that they went with only showing what is coming in the next 12 months. This new format was needed and getting 1st party releases through out the entire year is something I have been waiting years to see. Looks like we are finally getting there.

EDIT: It is actually 8 games. Thank you Craig of War Craig of War

Release Date: July 19

WY1KWN4.jpg

Release Date: July 28

xMoYIIw.jpg

Release Date: November 2022

rRpPimo.jpg

Release Date: ?

30g5prK.jpg

Release Date: 1st Half 2023

naOfqtl.jpg

7J3YKGa.jpg

VyB0Eum.jpg

Release: 1st Half 2023

jXP1DzC.jpg

Last edited:

fatmarco

Yeah Starfield I can't see coming out that soon. Looks ambitious but rough at the moment.

I honestly would prefer they delay it until its at least made sure its Save game system is secure and safe, so that files that don't get corrupted at or around launch like previous Bethesda games etc.

Also I think Microsoft might be pulling the whole, "Call of Duty MW2" is our big end of year release with some Gamepass announcement assuming the deal goes through.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Still keen to try Grounded when I upgrade my PC. Does it have split screen co-op? This could be the sort of game that convinces me to buy an xbox if it had couch co-op.

tommib

As Dusk Falls and Pentiment looking good. I need calmer narrative heavy games after the stress gameplay orgy of the Elden Ring/GT7 combo.

Jennings

Three 2022 game and none of them up my alley. I'll have to read up more on the three 2022 games and see if I'm missing anything crucial that would pique my interest.

Last edited:
That's a yikes for me dawg. Starfield and Forza is really all that matters on that list.

Microsoft has two trump cards they can play at will. (consider this a verified leak)

1. Brute Force reboot developed by Crytek

2. Cliff Racer Pro Unlimited. TES Cart Racing, in the spirit of Diddy Kong racing. (system seller)

Last edited:

Infamy v1

Deathloop should be coming to Xbox on the 14th or 15th September this year.

Im guessing they did not mention it because its still under sonys exclusivity contract.

Yeah, they weren't allowed to. Which is ironic as hell, lmao.

On topic, give me Pentiment. Looks fucking phenomenal and is apparently 20 hours to go through it once but has tons more replayability.

So Starfield, Redfall (and Deathloop if that counts) are 100% Day 1, set every other game aside to play them. Pentiment has my interest if they fix the annoying text fade in, otherwise I won't touch it. Minecraft Legends could be intriguing but I just need to see the gameplay loop (is it just storming/building fortresses or is there more to it). Grounded might be worth giving it a try, but only if any of my friends are interested in playing it. Forza Motorsport I have 0 interest in, and As Dusk Falls I have less than 0 interest in unless it somehow ends up getting like high 90s metacritic or winning GOTY's or something (obviously won't happen but keeping open the microscopic possibility)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Actually somewhat excited for RedFall after some gameplay was shown. I was looking for a fun co-op.

RedFall is using UE5, so I'm hopeful it'll look "next gen".

Check out the developer interview from the extended showcase on the 14th, a lot of good Redfall information there too.

Lognor

Banned
Actually somewhat excited for RedFall after some gameplay was shown. I was looking for a fun co-op.

RedFall is using UE5, so I'm hopeful it'll look "next gen".
Same. The reveal of redfall did nothing for me. This gameplay reveal completely changed my mind. I should have never doubted arkane. They don't miss

Orbital2060

As Dusk Falls looks brilliant, I was really impressed with what I saw in the showcase. The people making it seemed like a really talented bunch with some ideas for a game that seem to be way ahead of a lot of people.

Out of that bunch I'm only interested in Forza, Starfield, and can you believe Pentament.
It's an old school adventure game, but it has a really interesting storyline that I actually think I will enjoy.

reksveks

In for 4/5 of those games (only not yet decided on Forza beyond the customary try, Redfall or minecraft legends).

I would also say that the list is missing Ara

Fredrik

Starfield and Forza Motorsport is what interests me here. I don’t think it’s enough. But they have the FH5 DLC as well, I’ll be playing that a ton.

Top Bottom