• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Studios has 7 titles releasing in the next 12 months

Ozriel

M$FT
With all these other co-op shooters in the wild. I can't see what Redfall brings new to the table? They tried to explain that every character has it's own abilities, but it's not like that is ground breaking or something new.

It comes down more to whether the world is interesting, whether the enemies are interesting and the gunplay is somewhat good. Back 4 Blood had quite a few issues at launch and the gunplay didn't always feel right I must say.

You clearly haven’t read the additional info released that makes it clear Redfall isn’t in the mould of Left 4 Dead or Back 4 Blood.

Horizon Forbidden West, Ratchet and clank,Death Stranding, Demon's Soul's and the last of us part 1

Forza is a looker but yeah, visuals and presentation clearly ain't a priority to Microsoft the same way it is to sony. You always know your going to get a good looking game with Sony because they focus and put a lot of work into that aspect. They have ps4 games that look better than current gen games.

M1987

Forza is a looker but yeah, visuals and presentation clearly ain't a priority to Microsoft the same way it is to sony. You always know your going to get a good looking game with Sony because they focus and put a lot of work into that aspect. They have ps4 games that look better than current gen games.
Yeah, Sony are on a different level when it comes to graphics. Only had a Xbox for about a month, but Forza and Gears 5 are good looking games, and there could be more I'm missing

buenoblue

I mean I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Sub for £1 when something I want comes out. I played Forza horizon5 and Halo infinite for £1 last year 🤷‍♂️.

Mister Wolf

I expect Avowed and Hellblade 2 to be visual showcases for the entire gaming industry. The next game from The Coalition as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
As Dusk Falls and Pentiment looking good. I need calmer narrative heavy games after the stress gameplay orgy of the Elden Ring/GT7 combo.

ha gay GIF

jk I take a similar approach, like playing a cutesy turn based jrpg after a horror game

Mister Wolf

Stalker 2 and Ark 2 are also using it. I seriously can't wait until these games are released

The only thing about Stalker 2 and Ark 2 is I believe they are further along in development and probably aren't designed around utilizing UE5's Lumen and Nanite. I expect both Avowed, Hellblade 2, The Coalition's game, and The Outer Worlds 2 to go all in on Lumen and Nanite. If they don't I'll be disappointed. I expect them to be of the quality of that initial UE5 Demo.

Last edited:
Too bad I don't save posts, there was someone questioning how I knew they had nothing else for 2022 besides Forza 8. Turns out I was wrong, they won't even have Forza this year. Their 2022 output is pretty much unbelievably bad, Gamepass is all they have going on for them to save face.

This list hurts MS more than it helps and that is assuming Forza 8 and Starfield release and are well received, it's just very little for a 12 month period after an empty 6 months.

Last edited:
I enjoyed it when it first came out and then left it, generally don't like doing too much in Early Access games cause i don't like restarting games. it did seem really fun.

I do wonder if it will get reviews when 1.0 comes out.
I understand the Early Access problem you mean but here you don't need to restart the whole Game when an Update comes out. Every update was like an BIG DLC with more Biomes more crafting Materials....
And BTW you can unlock 1400GS by now.. 😉

Wohc

Banned
Very good, can't wait for Starfield, Forza, Grounded and Pentiment.

I know here are certain people who would call Grounded "Game Pass Shovelware" but those people never liked gaming. Played it quite some time and it's an amazing and very beautiful game.

Riky

$MSFT
I’m telling you, as an Xbox die hard, Xbox are pulling some duplicitous shit with these 4 games.

I find it unfeasible that those games are far along enough to say ‘first half 2023’ with such assuredness, but not commit to a solid release date, or even a release month.

I’d love to be proven wrong, but we will see.

In my opinion Xbox knew the optics were horrible for 2022 so they’ve said ‘first half 2023’ for all of these to placate the fans, knowing that some of them will be q4 2023.

No dates is probably down to them working out scheduling, obviously Starfield and Redfall being moved to first half of 2023 might move other games originally planned for early 2023.

Goalus

I took a bet two years ago that Grounded will become a huge success:

Deal.
Not in a few weeks though, but when it is no longer an early access game.

My betting opponent (who has been banned unfortunately) expected it to "go the way of Battleborn and Radical Heights".

Dear MrS MrS , if you have rejoined GAF under a new identity, please PM me as Grounded will leave the Game Preview in September.

sircaw

Banned
Just because it's an option doesn't mean you have to use it

You csn still play in your fishbowl all by yourself.

But in the event you ever make a friend or 2 you can play a game together if you choose.
OO Kagey goes personal, "lollipop_disappointed:

Hopefully, when i find friends, they will be just as "Special" as you. :messenger_grinning:

Last edited:

MScarpa

Too bad I don't save posts, there was someone questioning how I knew they had nothing else for 2022 besides Forza 8. Turns out I was wrong, they won't even have Forza this year. Their 2022 output is pretty much unbelievably bad, Gamepass is all they have going on for them to save face.

This list hurts MS more than it helps and that is assuming Forza 8 and Starfield release and are well received, it's just very little for a 12 month period after an empty 6 months.
Still at it I see. Try not to be so transparent with the hate or you'll end up banned again. With that said, 2022 has been far from the greatest year in gaming, but I'm really excited for Plague, High On Life, Scorn and Somervile. Pretty sure it drops in 2022.

So these games might not do it for you and thats okay, but some of us are excited. Maybe one day you'll realize every game isn't for everyone. 😘

Even if anything geys delayed, it seems likely these games will still make 2023.

There is more reasons to think they will make 2023 then they wont.

1. Turn 10 have a good track record with releasing on schedule.
2. Starfield has already been delayed once which decreases the chance of it getting delayed again.
3. Redfall has has been delayed once which decreases the chance of another delay.
4. Mojang are good at hitting release dates.

So when the information suggests they wont be delayed, I dont know why anyone would think the opposite.

Seem like whataboutism to be honest.

I would like to think that now that they have a couple years under thier belt of employees sitting at home, getting stoned and watching cartoons, they know just how fast they will work now.

Release dates are probably getting more solid and less fluid like the were in 20 and 21

I have no doubt that games will get pushed again in 2023 due to needing more dev time and also getting out of cramped months in 2023. The amount of games that is coming out in the first quarter of 2023 alone just seems unrealistic to me but I hope I am wrong and we will see….

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Only there for Redfall but was hoping that would still be 2022. Oh well, good things come to those who wait I suppose.

XXL

Hopefully more gets announced, because that's not looking great.

Ara and Starfield are the only ones that peak my interest at all.

Redfall is disappointing, because I LOVE some of Arkanes games and I have zero interest in that one, maybe that will change closer to release.

skneogaf

In my opinion only forza and Starfield is worth mentioning, the others surely only a very small percentage of gamers are interested in them?

Woopah

From the looks of it Microsoft will have a weaker H2 2022 than Playstation or Nintendo, but a stronger H1 2023.

Of course that could change after the next PlayStation showcase and next 2 Directs.

rapid32.5

If Starfield wont deliver on the world feel/realization and story where Cyberpunk failed, it is a flop.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I have no doubt that games will get pushed again in 2023 due to needing more dev time and also getting out of cramped months in 2023. The amount of games that is coming out in the first quarter of 2023 alone just seems unrealistic to me but I hope I am wrong and we will see….
Yeah things might get jiggled arround but I dont see any reason to think these games will miss 2023.
What makes you think these games will need more dev that spills into 2024? I mean you can think it, but thinking something without a good reason dont make sense.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
From the looks of it Microsoft will have a weaker H2 2022 than Playstation or Nintendo, but a stronger H1 2023.

Of course that could change after the next PlayStation showcase and next 2 Directs.

I think PS5 will have a lot of PSVR2 stuff, fractions in the spring/summer and Spiderman 2 in the fall.

I think Microsoft will win the most 80+ published metacritic games in 2023.

Thought pentiment looked arse what are people seeing in it other than its by obsidian?
I'm seeing an original game with balls.

Looks like they're purposefully stripping it down to focus on RPG choice elements and narrative design. You have to be pretty confident in your writing to go for this, which makes me very interested.

And it just so happens that medieval book design is one of my favorite forms of artwork.

MS-q-Med.-172-1.jpg

Still at it I see. Try not to be so transparent with the hate or you'll end up banned again. With that said, 2022 has been far from the greatest year in gaming, but I'm really excited for Plague, High On Life, Scorn and Somervile. Pretty sure it drops in 2022.

So these games might not do it for you and thats okay, but some of us are excited. Maybe one day you'll realize every game isn't for everyone. 😘
Still at what? At giving my opinion? I still can't believe I got permabanned just because I stated truthfully that Phil Spencer was made head of MS Studios 14 year ago. I really don't understand guys like you that take this all so personally, grow up.

To you it's being comprehension that someone just might not be satisfied with MS's output of games (is anyone satisfied by what they'll have in 2022?). It's funny because I bet you have no problem with people that feel the same way about other publishers like EA, Ubisoft, etc. Maybe you are the one who needs to change your ways.

If I get permabanned because the forum can't deal with different opinions so be it, it means it ain't for me then. I bet that is what you wish, yet I don't even know how you yet I don't wish for you to get banned or anything.

Last edited:

M1987

A launch PS5 game, a bunch of PS4 games and a PS3 remaster are your idea next gen?

Good to know.
What? 3 of them are native PS5 games, one got a native director's cut, and the other one was made for both PS4 and PS5, and is probably the best looking game ever

Joey.

Super excited for:
Starfield
Redfall
Forza Motorsport

Medium interest:
Grounded
As Dusk Falls (need to see more)
Pentiment (need to see more, not sure what I saw lol)

I probably will never play Minecraft Legends but I’m sure many will and enjoy it.

I just wish there will be time in between Starfield, Redfall and Forza. It’s a bit overwhelming.

I’m hoping Redfall Q1, Forza Q2/Q3, Starfield Q4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom