• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox unveils Wakanda Forever Custom Xbox Series X in partnership with Marvel and other gear.

iaSX6o-6

You also have these controllers and a necklace thing.

Xbox-Wakanda-Forever-Controllers.jpg

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/11...da-forever-empower-heroes-in-gaming-and-stem/
The site will feature limited-time only giveaways including film-themed custom Xbox console kits inspired by the iconic “Wakanda Forever” salute and the Black Panther hero suit, custom controller holders, bundled with replica Kimoyo beads and custom sterling charms. Budding innovators will also be able to participate in a brand new MakeCode curriculum inspired by the film, where users can learn how to write code for their own playable “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever”-themed activity. These hardware and software exclusives will also be made available to fans and students globally and through Microsoft’s NTA programs that work with 1900+ Black social enterprises and non-profits.
Xbox_BlackPanther_Hero-16x9-03-e27b8f2c09a08d1bd30d.jpg

Closer picture, looks a bit busy to me, but it's a clean design.

More pics:

Black-Panther-Wakanda-Forever-Xbox-Series-X.jpg

Not sure what this screen is for. The partnership isn't for the plain Xbox Series X unless Marvel didn't realize the Series X was already black, or they thought the Series X was black for the first time.

...Unless there's a game coming out? Might just be a marketing gaf.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Lame wakanda xbox and still no classic White xbox.. wtf mirosoft

Last edited:
TBF, your original OP featuring only this image

and a short blurb appeared to be trolling.

I said the same thing that was in the OP now with the same pic, until i found the link with the full story. That was the only story being spread around, I was wondering why they would advertise a regular Xbox Series X as a "custom console" unless they thought the consoles color was black for the first time.

jigglet

Banned
Not sure what this screen is for. The partnership isn't for the plain Xbox Series X unless Marvel didn't realize the Series X was already black, or the article thought the Series X was black for the first time. Unless there's a game coming out? Might just be a marketing gaf.

Maybe add some diversity to it and release a white console.

It was a racist joke before they changed the op to the actual console

Except it wasn't, and the same thing and pic is at the bottom of the CURRENT OP which you are conveniently ignoring. The previous was edited when I found the fully story, not everyone is a white male klansmen sir.

I will admit I jumped a gun and immediately assumed/jabbed thinking it was some idiot marketing guy who called the plain Xbox Series X a "custom" console.

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I said the same thing that was in the OP now with the same pic, until i found the link with the full story. That was the only story being spread around, I was wondering why they would advertise a regular Xbox Series X as a "custom console" unless they thought the consoles color was black for the first time.
No, the blurb was different as shown here.

As of now, you can buy the Xbox Series X in black for the first time. This custom Xbox can be ...

Kilau

Gold Member
Yeah, that's not really much different from the current OP (at the bottom).

Which has almost those exact same words, but with changes due to finding the full story. I think people are searching for something that isn't there.
Just providing some context, I can see why some thought it was a troll. Not accusing you of doing it intentionally.

Edit: OP clarified, no big deal here

Yeah, I think there may have been an assumption, based on me not having the full story at first and the wording.

Just providing some context, I can see why some thought it was a troll. Not accusing you of doing it intentionally.

No I get it, we are talking about a partnership related to a movie that's a sequel to a film that generates controversy online like wildfire. I definitely see why people may have interpreted it that way at first.

ZoukGalaxy

Ok, that's fugly.

With all the awesomeness of Black Panther design in all movies, they managed to do something fucking UGLY, flat and with horrible color choices. I wanted a reason to buy an XSX, not today apparently since games still fail to do so.

I just can't believe it.
ugly donald glover GIF

I don't know Microsoft, check this as inspiration.
27751911_10155256431012344_1802036668301102278_n.jpg

Look at the awesome texture you could have applied to the actual console
ryan-meinerding-27.jpg

Or this ?
61m76OJtoBL._AC_SY606_.jpg

See all those beautiful colors you missed. Damn it.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Probably just some flaps or something that come with the package, I can't imagine it being connected to the actual controllers ..
Some flaps? I also assume they're not connected to the controllers, I just don't understand why they're there.

Top Bottom