• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will be at Gamescom

I actually disagree.
I don't actually think they made a mistake. I know every CG announcement trailer I see is probably 5 years out, and appreciate a vision of what the devs are aiming for. It could change completely, but it's better than a logo. I will say though that I liked the 12 month window of the last showcase.

I would actually like the big summer show to keep with the 12 month window, and perhaps have another show around the Game Awards for further out announcements. It doesn't matter though, nothing will ever be good enough for some people.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
They clearly made a mistake announcing these titles the moment they entered the concept phase
I kind of like announced games that are pretty far out simply because it lets me follow their progress if I am interested in said game.

The only thing I ask is they give me an idea what I can expect even with just some word salad for their visions and not some CGI made for movie wannabe that doesnt have any bearing on the game.

.Pennywise

Banned
expect a little more insight into some of our previously announced games coming to Xbox in the next 12 months

Tired Good Night GIF by MLB

I like Xbox and I like what Microsoft is bringing to this industry. But I agree. They’re getting ridiculed by the competition right now. They need to show something cool and promising. After getting PS+ Premium I don’t think Gamepass is enough, besides the 1st party day 1 releases (of which there are none anyway) the services are very very similar.
You're obviously talking nonsense, Gamepass is light years ahead of PS+ Premium. EA Play, day one releases etc, the fanboy nonsense needs to stop mate.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Livestream as well. Don't know if the venue is big enough for any new game announcements here, but let's see.

freefornow

Dunno whats wrong with me and gaming lately, but High on Life is the only title that tweeks my interest.
That's not a criticism of MSFT's Gamescon showing.

coffinbirth

I can't imagine they would make an announcement of such magnitude on a livestream without hyping it up properly.
No "expect great announcements" or "look forward to multiple world premieres"?
Then hardly anyone will watch (in comparison to a hyped up event) - and for the few viewers you wouldn't waste any megatons.
I mean...they did exactly that when they revealed the Series X at the Video Game Awards.

We know the game exists, so when would there be a better time to shadow drop that motherfucker on Game Pass??? Would be very spicy, especially considering how big 007 is on the other side of the pond. It's not like it's a crazy remake of Goldeneye or anything, it's still an old fps, it just has better graphics, switchable on the fly like Halo Anniversary was, assuming it doesn't stray too far from the 360 version.

One has to assume they put an extra bit of work into what the 360 version that leaked a while back was, and I wouldn't expect anything too far beyond what's already out there, but you never know.

Announcing and shadow dropping it on August 25th doesn't sound too crazy, especially considering all the news that made the rounds several months ago about the new achievements being popped by a dev. A rumor that I have heard passed around a few podcasts is that it(the N64 version) is also going to be coming to Switch as well.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
fans in Europe and around the world can expect a little more insight into some of our previously announced games coming to Xbox in the next 12 months.

Aside from Starfield and Redfall, I'm not sure what this means. I assume there's some small chance that it could be titles we haven't seen gameplay of yet.

Listing Sea of Thieves and Grounded though, meh. I'm not sure who is looking for that. I assume that they're leading with those things because they need something to say, hopefully because they're keeping things under wraps, but I fear it's actually because they still are short of titles that are ready to be shown.

Last edited:

Fredrik

You're obviously talking nonsense, Gamepass is light years ahead of PS+ Premium. EA Play, day one releases etc, the fanboy nonsense needs to stop mate.
So now I’m a PS fanboy? lmao

Just stop pretending everything is fine. MS has dropped the ball hard this year, anyone who isn’t far up their ass can see that. And you don’t have both services if you think they’re light years apart.
I even got PS+ Premium for the same cheap $5/month like Gamepass through prepaying PSNow. 🤷‍♂️

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Lies of P is pretty much all im looking forward to at Gamescom.
lies-of-p-05.png

Im on media blackout for Grounded until it finally releases.

Ohh and more gameplay from Plagues Tale.
story-4.jpg

Last edited:
So now I’m a PS fanboy? lmao

Just stop pretending everything is fine. MS has dropped the ball hard this year, anyone who isn’t far up their ass can see that. And you don’t have both services if you think they’re light years apart.
I even got PS+ Premium for the same cheap $5/month like Gamepass through prepaying PSNow. 🤷‍♂️
I don't but I know what is offered from both, first party day and date alone is far better than anything PS+ is offering. Yes Xbox has missed the mark but Sony are not exactly knocking it out of the park either.

Fredrik

I don't but I know what is offered from both, first party day and date alone is far better than anything PS+ is offering. Yes Xbox has missed the mark but Sony are not exactly knocking it out of the park either.
First party day and date is hardly an advantage a year like this…. But sure another year it’s something that would set them apart.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
First party day and date is hardly an advantage a year like this…. But sure another year it’s something that would set them apart.

I mean, yeah, in a year like this is the key part. The service and the day 1 aspect has been there in prior years with more releases and will continue to be there next year where most of the first party releases got delayed to in the first place.

No need for doom and gloom 'cause we're going through a globally recognized dry spell right now.

If you can’t at least show a glimpse of in-engine footage and targeted release year, I don’t think you should announce a game. Even with that, a game could still be 2-3 years out.

Prime 4 is a perfect example. It was announced so early they didn’t even have time to see if the development studio was a good fit for what Nintendo’s vision was for the game. It was purely to entice people to buy a Switch cuz “Hey, look what might be coming out on this some day!”. It’s silly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom