• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will host a new Developer_Direct games show with Arkane, Bethesda, and more — Starfield reportedly not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a release date of GoldenEye? When it was announced they told us "soon" but I don't know which planet they live on, but a few months isn't "soon".
There’s definitely something gumming up the works. Not very like Nintendo to announce an NSO catalog game 3-4 months ahead of time. Very odd it’s still not out. I wonder if the licensing agreements mean it has to release simultaneously on Switch and Xbox.

Last edited:

skit_data

People still saying "This is good for starfield, it means it will release even earlier!" are completely out of their minds. It is still very far away from release.
Idk if it’s bad or good or indicative of anything in the end tbh. I mean many of us scratched our heads only a month or two before GoW Ragnaröks launch because there was so little marketing and that turned out fine.

Ozriel

M$FT
Eh, I'm not sure no Starfield means a delay outside H1 2023.

There's precedence for this...We had separate State of Play showcases for TLOU Part II and Ghost of Tsushima. I suppose they'd rather do a separate Starfield deep dive.

A release date in the Jan showcase should be the bare minimum, though. If that doesn't happen...

Last edited:
Here’s hoping that it isn’t just Redfall and the usual suspects (Forza, Halo, Gears) showing up. Really hoping they have some solid big budget single player stuff to show off.

Starfield not showing up would suck but I also expect to see a 30 minute type deep dive for the game running through a side quest...BGS have some of the best game rollouts so im not worried. Redfall is probably the highlight...game seems like it needs more explination so probably a deep dive, and maybe previews rolling out soon. Of course well see fortza, im not sure whatelse they have in the chamber to go. maybe a new backyard for grounded?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I think what they should do is do a roadmap like Marvel does for their movies, and of course say it's an estimate. They have many announced games and they should give people when they can expect those.

Starfield 100% needs to be there if it's releasing Q1/Q2.
Starfield needs to be there regardless. The lineup in this pre-announcement leak is weak. There isn't any major title to attract a ton of interest. Even if Starfield isn't playable at this event like the others, it needs to have a new trailer to close out the show or something.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Can't wait to see Forza, hopefully being developer focused we will get a good look at the technologies involved and even the Series S version.
Redfall just looks and sounds better and better, it's going to be a lot bigger than people expected.

Kagey K

Banned
From the article.

So there's no definitive answer as to Starfield being there. Seems more like speculation at this point.
From what we understand, this won't be a full-blown E3-scale kind of show, and will be a more intimate look at some upcoming exclusives. As such, we've heard Starfield may even be skipping this show for a bigger marketing beat later on.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
. . .whoof, if this doesn't include STARFIELD or a note indicating SF will get it's own bespoke "showcase" -

Here’s hoping that it isn’t just Redfall and the usual suspects (Forza, Halo, Gears) showing up. Really hoping they have some solid big budget single player stuff to show off.

RF is single player with optional co-op.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Sounds frigging awesome.....as long as they give us a " tune in on xxx of march for a deep dive into starfield "

Then ill be super happy.

Edit. Doesn't have to be March just a date in the first half of 2023 pls

Last edited:

vj27

Banned
I’m glad to see more about forza (please god let it still have split screen) and redfall but no starfield is still disappointing as hell. It’s THE game for Xbox right now, not a single game they have has more hype behind it than starfield.

Hope they at least show the BR mode that certain affinity has been working on with halo and a trailer for season 3. Any news on what the coalition is doing would be cool but I doubt they’d show it here instead of E3.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Yeah, starfield ain't coming until November 2023 I think. They will show it again at summer show with the release date. They will say they need a bit more time to polish it and get it ready.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but for Xbox they're going to find that they'll have to think hard about how they promote their titles, and when. If they show Starfield now there's a good chance that they'd end up not getting the coverage they're hoping for for Redfall, etc. At this point we know Redfall is coming first, so it would make sense they don't want to overshadow it.

TVexperto

I'm not saying you're wrong, but for Xbox they're going to find that they'll have to think hard about how they promote their titles, and when. If they show Starfield now there's a good chance that they'd end up not getting the coverage they're hoping for for Redfall, etc. At this point we know Redfall is coming first, so it would make sense they don't want to overshadow it.
people on reddit are still saying that redfall is releasing AFTER starfield lol

It's funny watching all the people saying this "doesn't make up for missing the Keighleys" pretend like Sonys (relatively small) presence at the Keighleys made up for missing all the major gaming events Xbox turned up at in 2022 (E3, Gamescom and TGS).

Now that Xbox is holding a smaller show a month later, deep diving on 1st party games releasing in q1/q2, you expect it to be another E3 level showcase before THIS COMING E3 (which Sony will most likely no-show again for the 3rd time). Pure comedy.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Woof

At least they are setting expectations
dating app GIF

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
It's funny watching all the people saying this "doesn't make up for missing the Keighleys" pretend like Sonys (relatively small) presence at the Keighleys made up for missing all the major gaming events Xbox turned up at in 2022 (E3, Gamescom and TGS).

Now that Xbox is holding a smaller show a month later, deep diving on 1st party games releasing in q1/q2, you expect it to be another E3 level showcase before THIS COMING E3 (which Sony will most likely no-show again for the 3rd time). Pure comedy.
Sony has been showing awesome trailers and releasing awesome games

Xbox needs to go all in at this show

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
There’s definitely something gumming up the works. Not very like Nintendo to announce an NSO catalog game 3-4 months ahead of time. Very odd it’s still not out. I wonder if the licensing agreements mean it has to release simultaneously on Switch and Xbox.
The Japanese Direct version had 2023 in the reveal. Should prob be this month's N64 title.

Markio128

Interested to see some more of Forza. Not so much Redfall, but then it’s a great opportunity to give us a better idea of what the game actually is.

Lone Wolf

just a rumor, so I can’t really judge yet. If true, I hope they give a date for the Starfield presentation, and/or reveal some new games. Xbox needs to come hard this year. Its been a mediocre gen for them so far.

Jaybe

Looking forward to this show. Hopefully the official announcement sets expectations accordingly. If they won’t have Starfield there, they would do themselves a favour by re-confirming in advance that it is a first-half of 2023 title and the month we can expect a deep dive.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
I want to see gameplay from games that we have not seen anything from like Perfect Dark, Fable, Avowed and Everwild.
Will probably first see unannounced games when there has been a verdict in the Acti Blizzard case.

DaGwaphics

Maybe MS finally realized E3 is a thing of the past? They can totally show gameplay for those games outside of E3.
I still think the E3-esque show will be where we get all the major announcements from them going forward. These developer direct shows will likely be used for extended showcases of what is coming in the immediate short-term (with the E3 show being more of "the next 12 months" type of thing along with a few teasers of things earlier in production).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom