• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox will host a new Developer_Direct games show with Arkane, Bethesda, and more — Starfield reportedly not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernova8

Banned
They are having a show at the end of the month to show these games. Doesn't meant they need to show everything they at working on. That would be foolish to do in January.
I suppose that's especially true if Nintendo and Sony decide to sit out E3, Microsoft would get all the attention to themselves.

I still don't understand why some of you people are taking it on faith that Starfield will be delayed again. The support page reiterated that it will launch H1, and after that specific point has been reported on by multiple outlets it remains up.

Do you believe that they're deliberately fucking with everybody just to twist the knife further? Why would they do that?

Smoke6

I still don't understand why some of you people are taking it on faith that Starfield will be delayed again. The support page reiterated that it will launch H1, and after that specific point has been reported on by multiple outlets it remains up.

Do you believe that they're deliberately fucking with everybody just to twist the knife further? Why would they do that?
Ummm they did the same shit to halo infinite bruh! Like wtf y’all smoking on? This ain’t even console warrior shit it’s just straight up being real!

jaysius

Banned
Hopefully some good Gamepass shadow drops too.... like Silksong...

hope GIF

Ummm they did the same shit to halo infinite bruh! Like wtf y’all smoking on? This ain’t even console warrior shit it’s just straight up being real!
Ok, and after it got delayed they went radio silent on it until they announced the new date, and hit it. Why do you believe Starfield will be delayed again?

Fredrik

It’s the sum of all things. Delayed, no new release date, no new trailer at The Game Awards, not shown in an event showing new games coming this year.

It’s the sum of all things. Delayed, no new release date, no new trailer at The Game Awards, not shown in an event showing new games coming this year.
My only response is that outside of absurd situations like the Stalker devs, I can't imagine in a post-Cyberpunk world a company would actively affirm a 6 month deadline if they weren't sure they'd hit it after already delaying it. I still believe it was ready to go on 11.11.21 in a typical Bethesda fashion BTW, and it was MS's call to delay it for polishing.

Nobody forced them to put that blurb in their support page, and nobody is forcing them to keep it there now. It could also drop before Redfall, there's nothing forcing a Redfall-Starfield schedule that existed before the delays last year.

Fredrik

When did this happen?
I’m talking about this event.

My only response is that outside of absurd situations like the Stalker devs, I can't imagine in a post-Cyberpunk world a company would actively affirm a 6 month deadline if they weren't sure they'd hit it after already delaying it. I still believe it was ready to go on 11.11.21 in a typical Bethesda fashion BTW, and it was MS's call to delay it for polishing.
Hope you’re right. In a dream scenario both Starfield and Zelda TOTK could’ve been released in 2022 but was delayed after seeing Elden Ring and will be released in 2023 super polished and with some added influences from Elden Ring.

Don’t get the point of an event, we just need game play and release dates for Redfall and Starfield lol.

The fact that they are doing this event tells me most of their bigger games aren’t releasing until the second half of the year… but we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom