• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM director Jake Solomon reassures fans the series is ‘definitely not dead’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In an upcoming interview about his next game, the deck-building tactical RPG Marvel’s Midnight Suns, Solomon was quick to reassure fans that the much-loved Firaxis series will return someday.

“As long as I live, as long as Firaxis lives, XCOM is… I won’t even say sleeping. I will say XCOM is definitely not dead,” Solomon said.

The last XCOM game, spin-off Chimera Squad, was released for PC in 2020. The last full installment, XCOM 2, was released back in 2016.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In a soon-to-be-published interview with VGC about his latest game, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, Solomon spoke briefly about his other strategy series, acknowledging that a return to XCOM is much requested by players.

“Of course, you can ask (laughs), you can join your voice to the chorus ringing out from the hills,” Solomon said when asked about potential plans for a new XCOM.

“I personally have no information on that right now and I say that because, truly, yesterday I was working on Morbius’ abbey outfits and recolours, so I am not working on it. I don’t have any secret agenda, I don’t know anything about XCOM at this point.”

Top Bottom