• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - Catch All Info Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DYs4AZX.jpg

This is interesting. It definitely looks like something is up there.

Yeah my guess is that Elysium is probably some floating city on top of that tree, possibly where the Blades originated from.

Also this screenshot in particular makes me think the game will have a similar setting to XC where people live on top of these massive living beasts instead of 2 mechs.

That reindeer looking creature looks way to big to fight especially since it doesn't look like mechs will be returning.

Thing about localisation is based on the timing of the previous games in the franchise I wouldn't expect it to start until the Japanese release of the game.

As for this game. The character designs feel slightly chibi and tales of to me. We've not seen gameplay but I hope it is more Xenoblade Chronicles than Xenoblade Chronicles X (which felt bloated to me and then just annoyed me endgame of the time consuming grind for the augment materials to make the best ones...also didn't like a lack of softcap/hardcap indicator on stat boosts).

40h? Did you....did you finish xenoblade??
It is possible to beat it in 40 hours by mainlining the game. IIRC that is how Aeana did it (IIRC they had played the Japanese release up to the High Entia Capital and on English playthrough got to that point in about 12 hours).

TrueBlue

Id love them to blow the whole budget on getting some A list people. But that wont happen.

Edit. Also Elma is the best. Then again all of XCXs female characters are great in how neuanced they are. XCX is a character writing masterclass compared to most modern games.

Its just a shame they messed up the paceing

Elma was great, and Lin was nigh on miraculous considering how bad "child genius" characters can be. It helped that Caitlin Glass and Cassandra Lee Morris did pretty well with their VA.

It would be nice if they got SIDE UK involved for this game. I like the idea of these two sub-series having their own identity while sharing a similar framework. The VA could help contribute to that.

R00bot

Yeah my guess is that Elysium is probably some floating city on top of that tree, possibly where the Blades originated from.

Also this screenshot in particular makes me think the game will have a similar setting to XC where people live on top of these massive living beasts instead of 2 mechs.

That reindeer looking creature looks way to big to fight especially since it doesn't look like mechs will be returning.

Holy shit if the beasts are living and moving around with the cities on them this game just got 3 times more exciting to me.

Holy shit if the beasts are living and moving around with the cities on them this game just got 3 times more exciting to me.

Yeah you can see that beast in the image move it's head in the trailer which definitely tells me it's alive. My guess is that each one is like an "island" and you move between them with the airship with Elysium/the top of the tree being the end goal.

Of course this is pure speculation on my part so and I could be completely wrong so I wouldn't get too excited lol.

MomoQca

We have character names now?

Can someone tell me who is named who from the trailer?

Rex

Homura (not confirmed, but it means it's Japanese for "Flame"...the connection is obvious.)

Hikari (same thing for Homura. Her name translates to "Light".)

Nia (this is an assumption based on the script scene from the trailer. The script mentioned something about a cat as her companion or something like that. Plus, her cat ears...she was also seen riding the cat in the trailer.)

Looks like tell-tale bilateral upsample artifacts in those screenshots, not terribly surprising.

Xenoblade Chronicles was top-three game of the generation for me, please don't fuck this up after the disaster that was X.

Some part of me wishes they left the Monado exactly as-is, but I know that's unreasonable. But one can hope...

Waji

It's fun how the first Zelda I have so much hype for appeard on Monolith Soft page as they're part of the project.
I will import both this one and Xenoblade from Japan and if they really are released in the same year... that's something.

I can't wait to see how Monolith is handling the battle system in Xenoblade 2.
Especially with this driver/blade feature that could really be interesting.

I wonder if it'll evolve form Xenoblade only or if it will consider a few details from X.
Like, running before using an arts or double charge were nice.

Xenoblade Chronicles was top-three game of the generation for me, please don't fuck this up after the disaster that was X.

Some part of me wishes they left the Monado exactly as-is, but I know that's unreasonable. But one can hope...
1) XenobladeX was a pretty good game. Just not the same genre as the "numbered Xenoblade series".

2) Why would there be Monado ?
Shulk "destroyed" it deciding to go for a world without any Monado.
. I don't see much evidence of both game being related in their stories yet.

Rex

Homura (not confirmed, but it means it's Japanese for "Flame"...the connection is obvious.)

Hikari (same thing for Homura. Her name translates to "Light".)

Nia (this is an assumption based on the script scene from the trailer. The script mentioned something about a cat as her companion or something like that. Plus, her cat ears...she was also seen riding the cat in the trailer.)

Man so even someone as derpy as Rex can have sword waifus like that.

Damn you Japan and your wish fulfillment.

1) XenobladeX was a pretty good game. Just not the same genre as the "numbered Xenoblade series".

We will have to agree to disagree; I clocked 180 hrs in the first (I understand that's nothing to some of you) and loved it like a child, and X was such an intense let-down. Very similar to my experience playing Xenogears on the PS1 back in the day and then the sadness of the Xenosaga games.

2) Why would there be Monado ?
Shulk "destroyed" it deciding to go for a world without any Monado.
. I don't see much evidence of both game being related in their stories yet.

Yeah, I'm not interested in any direct story linkages per se, I just love the iconography and design of the Monado
I and II, III looks like hot garbage
and the new sword iconography doesn't do anything for me.

anaron

Looks like tell-tale bilateral upsample artifacts in those screenshots, not terribly surprising.

lol OK.

Vinnk

Have Xenoblade for the Wii. Rebought for WiiU download (I know I could have just used the WiiU disc). I don't have a New 3DS but I would have bought it there too.

But for those who are thinking of just jumping in now, do you think Nintendo will do anything like a port of the first game to switch? Or a budget re-release of the 3DS game?

I think this title will be limited by the number of people who played the first game. And the only ways to play that game were the Gamestop exclusive (in the states) Wii Version, the 3DS version locked to a late release hardware or the WiiU digital version that suffers from.. well being in the WiiU. All of these would require an investment to play.

Maybe they could be like Shnemue, include a movie of the highlights from the first game?

I love this series so much I just want more people to play it.

Vetro

Looks like the game XBX should've been (for me).

If it has more cities/Towns and dungeons and a far better story then i could image to buy it.

I like Nintendo's constant passion in pushing Monolithsoft's Xenoblade as one of Nintendo's major titles.

Couldn't be happier as a Monolithsoft fan.

Neonep

I would like to remind everybody to not get their hopes up. There is a good chance that this game gets delayed.

wrowa

Thing about localisation is based on the timing of the previous games in the franchise I wouldn't expect it to start until the Japanese release of the game.

I would have said the same thing ... until yesterday's Fire Emblem announcement. With Echoes releasing just a month after Japan in the US/EU, I'm getting hopeful that Nintendo actually means it and will be able to manage a similarly quick turn around for Xenoblade 2.

I'm telling you guys it's coming this year. Look at FE Echoes and it's launching worldwide. I can feel it. Just feel it all over. I mean I'm really feeling it!

Waji

Ship? It's bathtub... :p
Da...I'm sorry I was tired and really looked at it far too fast without reconsidering.
The thing is that I knew I was doing a mistake somewhere but didn't check.
And it's like... so easy to spot, as if I 'had to" do the mistake for whatever reason.
I'm so sorry : (.

My user name is supposed to be written Łazy, so I guess sometimes it just comes to strike me back.

skypunch

Banned

The only sensible choice is British because

1.) Consistency

2.) The game is positioning itself as an RPG aimed at fans of the original Xenoblade

3.) The setting is fantasy

4.) British theatre is considered among the best in the world

An American dub really has no place in XB2.

Kremzeek

wow this looks really great!! i'm really excited for this now - thank you!

i've played the previous 2 games, and liked them overall.

honestly if this reviews well i would be totally willing to buy a Switch.

this probably won't come out this year though...?

skypunch

Banned
wow this looks really great!! i'm really excited for this now - thank you!

i've played the previous 2 games, and liked them overall.

honestly if this reviews well i would be totally willing to buy a Switch.

this probably won't come out this year though...?

The targeted release date is the end of this year.

Tbh I kind of want the British voices. If it doesn't have it it won't stop me, but I really liked the British voices from the first Xenoblade.

How cool would it be that the Xenoblade series always has British voices? XC wasn't even supposed to come here and fans pushed for it. So, NoE localized it and we got that version. It kind of set the "tone" of the Xenoblade Chronicles series in a state to where I want British voicing. Just let NoE keep localizing it and give it to us! lol

Of course, XCX was different because it was America.

I like Nintendo's constant passion in pushing Monolithsoft's Xenoblade as one of Nintendo's major titles.

Couldn't be happier as a Monolithsoft fan.

I do too but what makes it more interesting to me is that initially, outside of Japan they seemed unsure about this. There was that whole Operation Rainfall that helped get Xenoblade localized. Since then it has felt like Nintendo really values Monolith Soft and the Xenoblade series

skypunch

Banned
I do too but what makes it more interesting to me is that initially, outside of Japan they seemed unsure about this. There was that whole Operation Rainfall that helped get Xenoblade localized. Since then it has felt like Nintendo really values Monolith Soft and the Xenoblade series

It's because Xenoblade was a hit and received critical acclaim. Nintendo knows it's a masterpiece within the JRPG genre.

The only sensible choice is British because

1.) Consistency

2.) The game is positioning itself as an RPG aimed at fans of the original Xenoblade

3.) The setting is fantasy

4.) British theatre is considered among the best in the world

An American dub really has no place in XB2.

I love to imagine americans seeing England as a magical kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom