• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

Komatsu

xeno-3-logo.png

general-info.png

Developer: Monolith Soft
Publisher: Nintendo
Composers: Yasunori Mitsuda; ACE; Kenji Hiramatsu; Manami Kiyota; Mariam Abounnasr
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release: July 29, 2022
Genre: Action role-playing

story.png

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 takes place in the world of Aionios, where the mechanically proficient nation of Keves and the ether-oriented nation of Agnus are at constant war with one another. The wars are fought by engineered soldiers with artificially limited lifespans of ten years, all ten of which are spent on fighting.[Among both forces are "off-seers", soldiers who play special flutes to mourn the passing of the dead. The game will feature a total of six main characters, including two protagonists: Noah, an off-seer from Keves accompanied by his childhood friends Lanz and Eunie; and Mio, an off-seer from Agnus accompanied by fellow servicemen Taion and Sena.

characters.png

noah.png

mio.png

ethel.png

the-world.png

media.png

faq.png

1. Will there be a special edition?
Yes, but it will only be available through the Nintendo Store.

2. Do I need to know the plot of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and 2 to enjoy this?
There will be plenty of callbacks - this game builds upon the existing Xenoblade mythos. That said, unlike it was with Tetsuya Takahashi's previous Xeno franchises (ie. Xenogears, Xenosaga), Xenoblade games are usually capable of standing on their own.

3. How long will the game be?
Short answer: we don't know. But most Xeno games are long. Xenoblade Chronicles 1 takes about 50h to complete. Xeno 2 is about 65h long but it also has a standalone expansion ("Torna: The Golden Country") which is about 20h long.

Komatsu

Saving it for future use.

MODS: I know it's a bit early - the game comes out in 8 days - but as it is a big title I thought best to push it out of the door earlier than usual.

Mister Wolf

So what characters do you all think we will see still alive from the previous titles? I have my money on Poppi still being around but much more evolved.

KàIRóS

Great OT

Avoiding spoilers has been damn near impossible but I've managed to do it up until now, the real challenge will be next week though, those damn leakers are already rubbing their hands I just know :messenger_pouting:

XdXMoZu.jpg

Mister Wolf

I really hope Tora is alive. Need a Nopan saying Meh Meh

This has got to take place at least centuries after 1 & 2. No way a world with 2 powerful heroes like Rex and Shulk would let this kind of injustice go on. Then again we never got a confirmation for how long Nopon can live.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

My Body is Ready.

We've come a long way since Operation Rainfall days. From a game Nintendo was very reluctant to localise to a flashship series, worldwide release and millions of fans!

Andyliini

My Body is Ready.

We've come a long way since Operation Rainfall days. From a game Nintendo was very reluctant to localise to a flashship series, worldwide release and millions of fans!
Well, to be exact only the US release was the source for the operations. Localization had already been done by NoE when the movement began.

Fools idol

Banned
Wondering if I have time to do a run of the first game before release. I could give a shit about 2.

UK GAF - which retailers break the steeet date with delivery these days? I used to get games from ShopTo delivered 2-3 days before release date, but seems they don't ship that early any more.

Last edited:

Croga

Media blackout on this continues for me, so close now! The only thing I've seen is the initial trailer when the game was announced lol.

I'm sure its a lovely OT but I didn't even look at it for fear of even character spoilers 😂 My favorite devs and favorite JRPG series deserves to be played as blind as possible for me personally.

Stepping up the media blackout from now until release, staying away from YouTube, here, Reddit, anything that could potentially spoil something lol.

Gonna be tough but it'll be worth it.

See you all on the other side folks, it's gonna be awesome!

Sakura

Did you play Xenoblade 2? In the main game, they mention about event 500 years ago. You play that event in Torna. The battle system is changed a bit, and the story is good, giving more context on Jin's character. It's pretty short and I enjoyed it
I did play Xenoblade 2, but I never really looked into what Torna was.
That's kind of interesting that it covers that, maybe I will have to look up info on the story there.

Synless

I bought the expansion pass, so Torna is inside the main menu of Xenoblade 2.
I wasn’t aware it launched from within the game on the digital version. I would have thought it was it’s own icon considering it’s standalone like the physical copy did it.

NanaMiku

is the Japanese version in English? I see a handful of SE’s games have an English option, but wasn’t sure about XC.
It's in English, my icon automatically change to English version (Xenoblade Chronicles 3, not Xenoblade 3). If you open Japanese eShop, just use Google Translate on your phone to check the language. If the language part have 英語 means it's available in English. Almost all first party games on Switch are one SKU for all regions, but a handful are not.

I wasn’t aware it launched from within the game on the digital version. I would have thought it was it’s own icon considering it’s standalone like the physical copy did it.
Torna was the last part of the Expansion Pass, but they also release it as standalone.

Lognor

Banned
You know, for more that I hate modern FF at least they didn't hit *this* low with generic bath scenes (other than FF X-2, which nobody cared about anyway)

This game really targets the lowest common denominator.
You give a pass to ffx-2 since "nobody cared about it" yet that game outsold every xenoblade game thus far. Based on your avatar you like jrpgs for kids anyway.

NanaMiku

as usual certain individuals will make a fuss of it , she might be wearing something
It's been out from the preview several weeks ago. The context is that it's different from Xenoblade 2. Sure it's a fanservice, but not pure fanservice. It's because they all soldiers and were made in pod, so the culture is all mixed together. Even the dialogue they were having is heavy stuff.

jaysius

Banned
It's been out from the preview several weeks ago. The context is that it's different from Xenoblade 2. Sure it's a fanservice, but not pure fanservice. It's because they all soldiers and were made in pod, so the culture is all mixed together. Even the dialogue they were having is heavy stuff.
It’s fan SELF service ;)

ebevan91

Man this game really crept up on us didn't it? 6 months ago it wasn't even official yet and now we're 4 days away from release.

Top Bottom