• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

Exede

I’m in chapter 3 and I love most of the OST. Xenoblade 1 still has the most iconic tracks (title screen, prologue, engage the enemy, you will know our names, etc etc.). However the boss theme at the end of chapter 2 blew me away and then some, it could easily serve as the final boss theme in another game, it goes so hard and epic especially in the last part:

I’m just glad to be alive at a time where this music was made.

By the way my Ouroboros always heat up before I get to use the Talent Arts. I already got the first node in the soul trees that slows down overheating a little, but I always overheat before filling the Talent Art gauge. Any tips for this?

You can expand the Ouro time in the skilltree and not using it at lvl 0 is helping aswell. Merge with like lvl 2 or 3 and you'll have no problem reaching the talent art

Jsisto

Something I noticed. The Ferronis in Colony 15(optional area)bears a remarkable resemblance to the incomplete form of Malpercio from Baten Kaitos, also a Monolith game. It’s stance, legs, ring on its back. To me it’s uncanny and probably a nod to that game. I’ll try to get a good picture tomorrow.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Right now on Yuzu, particle effects are supposedly missing in a few builds and sometimes water gives off an overly golden illuminessence. I don't have problems with particle effects, but it does seem I do suffer from the overly Golden water...

Komatsu

Chapter 7, not far from the end. I am liking the game, but not the same level of enjoyment I derived from 1 and 2. I actually miss the banger Mitsuda tracks from 2: Indol, Elysium, the World Tree, etc.

Sena is incredibly annoying - hate that teenage bullshit. Very much into Noah and Mio as protagonists but I wish they had toned down some of the Gundam tropes: incredibly annoying when, in the middle of an enemy base, all hostiles just sit there waiting for the heroes’ heart-to-heart convo to finish.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Aaaaaand done 109 hours, not 100% got a few heroes to get to 20, but got all colonies at 5 star or nearing 5, very few unique monsters left (at least according to the soul hacker skill book) and I got all the ultimate weapons... so solid first completion...

I enjoyed my time with the game and looking forward to the DLC, ironically despite having the most likable cast so far it was also the most depressing of the series, you always felt that your characters had so little time throughout the adventure.

I was also really confused how you had veteran commanders who where the same age as some of the other cast members who acted like they where 20 years younger at least... like do they go to a special commander school or something to make then look 40?

Last edited:
Chapter 4 and having a great time. I'm level 40 and went back to the start combing through every area that I remember seeing level 40 enemies and I found cool stuff and recruited a new hero this way.

The need for a level down feature is actually severe. My level keeps flying up, lol.

It's way too early to make the call, but something does feel a bit off about the story to me. I will reserve judgement and wait for them to bring it all together with the story stuff later, class system is amazing though, having great fights with badass unique monsters.

Reactions: Isa

jorgejjvr

Yup, I only explore and do all the side quest with fighting against UM only but my level already was past the recommended level in the quest.
I make it a point to be under leveled, don't do more that I need to. I do explore and do side quest, but try not to get carried away. I also don't use the camp feature to level up, unless I'm in a fight where I need it to go up by at least 1. Just had a unique monster at 24, I was 23, went to camp, went up to 24, beat it. That got me to 25, soon after I fought a boss at 25. So pretty perfect

I really don't find enjoyment if I'm 10 levels higher and breezing through it

Last edited:

NanaMiku

You can't use talent arts in chain attacks?
Yup, don't know if later you can do or not

I make it a point to be under leveled, don't do more that I need to. I do explore and do side quest, but try not to get carried away. I also don't use the camp feature to level up, unless I'm in a fight where I need it to go up by at least 1. Just had a unique monster at 24, I was 23, went to camp, went up to 24, beat it. That got me to 25, soon after I fought a boss at 25. So pretty perfect

I really don't find enjoyment if I'm 10 levels higher and breezing through it
My playstyle is do all side quest that are available while exploring unopened map. I never touch the bonus EXP in camp. I only use camp for discuss, cook that increase drop rate, and make gem

My playstyle is do all side quest that are available while exploring unopened map. I never touch the bonus EXP in camp. I only use camp for discuss, cook that increase drop rate, and make gem
Yeah I want to do everything especially finding where the unique monsters are hiding and fighting them while I'm a similar level. Just beat a tough Igna who was in a room with like 20 ignas. Each time I wanted to fight him I had to clear out the room of other enemies, and then the fight would drag on so long that they respawn in the middle of the battle and get involved :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Got him though. I'm finding that archer class to be surprisingly good, their bonuses are to do with low HP enemies (and bleed.) That sounds lame but I often get in a situation where I've thrown everything I have at an enemy and they're low health but they have enraged bonuses and reinforcements and it gets really hard. Adding flash fencer classe's cross impact as a master art to the bleed and low HP bonuses is really making a difference in that frantic last part of the fight.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Jesus!! in Eunie's side quest we learn the truth behind colonies ranking and its fucked up! I'm surprised this is optional quest.

Got him though. I'm finding that archer class to be surprisingly good, their bonuses are to do with low HP enemies
My real issue with the archer class is I'm not fan of how slow its auto attack is and I'm just not getting the timing down to do proper cancel art.

Last edited:
My real issue with the archer class is I'm not fan of how slow its auto attack is and I'm just not getting the timing down to do proper cancel art.
Isn't it the same as Full Metal Jaguar? When the arrow hit the enemy, you cancel to art
Yeah they feel a bit different, I prefer the feel of full metal jaguar also. The harder part with the archer is cancelling arts into arts, especially that one art where they spin around and shoot really slowly. But I was speaking more of having them in the party for chain attacks and controlling them a bit at the end, not controlling them for the whole fight.

Valt7786

Docked so I can see those preformance drops in glorious full HD.
"full HD"
Switch.
Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

• LOL

STARSBarry

Gold Member
"full HD"
Switch.
Jack Nicholson Lol GIF

thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

However if where going off classification, HD Ready was 720p and "Full HD" was specifically for 1080p sets... docked the switch puts out at 1080p... which is by definition (high definition infact) "Full HD"

However the joke was that yes... it does look a bit crap compared to my other consoles and still manages to drop frames.

Are jokes still funny after you link to Wikipedia to explain them?

Last edited:

jorgejjvr

Yeah, i just couldnt live with myself if I was overleveled and breezing through stuff

Thats it I´m done with hard mode. Just took 95% health off a boss and then lost to one fucking move at the end that KO´d all my healers. These boss fights can fucking blow me. That shit literally takes 30 minutes per attempt and you just sit there hitting the same combos over and over and over and over and over and over again and now I gotta redo it? fuck that.

Who the fuck playtested this shit and said these healthbars were acceptable? jesus.

end rant.

• Empathy

Valt7786

thats-the-joke-ranier-wolfcastle.gif

However if where going off classification, HD Ready was 720p and "Full HD" was specifically for 1080p sets... docked the switch puts out at 1080p... which is by definition (high definition infact) "Full HD"

However the joke was that yes... it does look a bit crap compared to my other consoles and still manages to drop frames.

Are jokes still funny after you link to Wikipedia to explain them?
Man you took that personally. All I was doing was dunking on the switch >_>

jonnyXx

If you own a recent Samsung TV I would highly recommend using Game Motion Plus with this game. 30fps RPGs like this are a perfect use case. Night and day difference when turning the camera.
I bought an C1 OLED a while back and I'm really missing that feature from my Samsung Q80R now. On the C1 motion interpolation is only available outside of game mode so it has tons of input lag and it also shows lots of artifacts when turning the camera. Not usable at all.

If my Q80R didn't crap out on me I would definitely use it over the C1 to play 30fps games. Samsung motion interpolation is too good.

Ma-Yuan

So just finished it and sorry hope no one is offended and I myself can not believe I am writing this but the main story is trash (not the characters and single elements but the greater scheme). Sorry I am just blown away how disappointing it all was. Chapter 5 and chapter 6 were great after I didn't warm up until then but 7 blew it all again. I love the xeno games so much for their story but this didn't sit right with me. I have no idea why what or whom this journey is for. And some information about xenoblades 2 characters after the game end didn't sit well with me either. I am just disappointed :( I wasn't even disappointed from the bare bones story xenoblade x but this feels like nonsense to me. I also don't know or understand how the future connect story fits in all of that. Maybe the story dlc next year can redeem everything. 😢

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So just finished it and sorry hope no one is offended and I myself can not believe I am writing this but the main story is trash (not the characters and single elements but the greater scheme). Sorry I am just blown away how disappointing it all was. Chapter 5 and chapter 6 were great after I didn't warm up until then but 7 blew it all again. I love the xeno games so much for their story but this didn't sit right with me. I have no idea why what or whom this journey is for. And some information about xenoblades 2 characters after the game end didn't sit well with me either. I am just disappointed :( I wasn't even disappointed from the bare bones story xenoblade x but this feels like nonsense to me. I also don't know or understand how the future connect story fits in all of that. Maybe the story dlc next year can redeem everything. 😢

Wait is the ending hard to understand?

I thought the whole point was that they where doing it to reset the clock and unfreeze the time on their original selves in the divided worlds before they where frozen mid collision. Essentially Noah and companions at the end forget everything that transpires outside of a "feeling" and return to the world of Xenoblade 1 on their side so they and everyone of their faction can live their lives no longer trapped in the endless now.

The lost numbers and the city are gone, erased from existance as they can no longer exist with the worlds apart as the history required for them to be their no longer can take place as the worlds move on continuing from the point the worlds colided but now unfrozen and moving away again, Mia and gang are I assume back in the world of Xenoblade 2 although this is never shown

so the journy was for them, all of them so they could move on from the point the world was frozen from the endless now, not as the characters we know but their original selves, well unless your big mommy milkers because she got erased along with her child kid fisto:(

Overall no idea if DLC will take place before or after these events, I kind of want it before and have Xenoblade 4 be a continuation of Noah's journey from that point but I suspect it will be a completely new protagonist again.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

I thought the whole point was that they where doing it to reset the clock and unfreeze the time on their original selves in the divided worlds before they where frozen mid collision. Essentially Noah and companions at the end forget everything that transpires outside of a "feeling" and return to the world of Xenoblade 1 on their side so they and everyone of their faction can live their lives no longer trapped in the endless now.

The lost numbers and the city are gone, erased from existance as they can no longer exist with the worlds apart as the history required for them to be their no longer can take place as the worlds move on continuing from the point the worlds colided but now unfrozen and moving away again, Mia and gang are I assume back in the world of Xenoblade 2 although this is never shown

so the journy was for them, all of them so they could move on from the point the world was frozen from the endless now, not as the characters we know but their original selves, well unless your big mommy milkers because she got erased along with her child kid fisto:(

Overall no idea if DLC will take place before or after these events, I kind of want it before and have Xenoblade 4 be a continuation of Noah's journey from that point but I suspect it will be a completely new protagonist again.
Tetsuya Takahashi sent email that said it's the end of the trilogy
It is also a stopping point to me. This title depicts the conclusion of the Xenoblade story that began with Klaus’s experiment.

Damn, watching Macross Delta while playing Xenoblade 3 is a wild ride

7e73e152a2.png

Ma-Yuan

For me it's confusing the main villain is really badly explained and would rather belong in a Persona game. I guess what you write is maybe correct but I thought the whole time.
that origin would let the world's collide and then make sure everyone is reborn, instead it pulled the world's apart? Also the power of friendship that overcomes everything theme is getting old especially if those friends have no happy ending this is also so especially true for the people of the city. I think it added nothing to the overall arc of Klaus experiment since Takahashi mentioned it. Plus this stupid picture of Rex banging 3 blades. This was stupid ruined the mood for me during the ending further the monado from shulk not but it reminded me of missed chances. Non of the original casts meat each other besides Nia and Melia and even that is under utiliazed

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
For me it's confusing the main villain is really badly explained and would rather belong in a Persona game. I guess what you write is maybe correct but I thought the whole time.
that origin would let the world's collide and then make sure everyone is reborn, instead it pulled the world's apart? Also the power of friendship that overcomes everything theme is getting old especially if those friends have no happy ending this is also so especially true for the people of the city. I think it added nothing to the overall arc of Klaus experiment since Takahashi mentioned it. Plus this stupid picture of Rex banging 3 blades. This was stupid ruined the mood for me during the ending further the monado from shulk not but it reminded me of missed chances. Non of the original casts meat each other besides Nia and Melia and even that is under utiliazed

no your right, and thats exactly what origin did, Origin is the last boss (at least i thought it was) as it merged the worlds as planned and made sure everyone would be reborn but never die again as that was the will of all the people within it, to avoid the innate fear of death within us all. Also I didn't mind gigachad rex too much ;).

as for the original cast being underutalised, thats a problem with all the heros i think you do their quests and thats it really. Nia and Melia have some intresting things to say in their level 20 accention quests but yeah their just like any other hero outside of changing the battle theme and being super OP

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

no your right, and thats exactly what origin did, Origin is the last boss (at least i thought it was) as it merged the worlds as planned and made sure everyone would be reborn but never die again as that was the will of all the people within it, to avoid the innate fear of death within us all. Also I didn't mind gigachad rex too much ;).

as for the original cast being underutalised, thats a problem with all the heros i think you do their quests and thats it really. Nia and Melia have some intresting things to say in their level 20 accention quests but yeah their just like any other hero outside of changing the battle theme and being super OP

OK I can live with origin being the last boss but still no explanation how Z came to be and why they all Mobius want to watch people be reborn and suffer when their desire was not to die for sure not this. It makes no sense to me or I am to old for that 🤔. Also Noah begging M and N not so sacrifice them self and to walk amongst them to then just end Aionios a few minutes later erasing all its orginal people and everyone else forgets this world ever existed that is just an ending that seems not coherent to me and the journey and is the opposite of what I expected to happen to the heroes after their long journey. I really liked the cast

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
OK I can live with origin being the last boss but still no explanation how Z came to be and why they all Mobius want to watch people be reborn and suffer when their desire was not to die for sure not this. It makes no sense to me or I am to old for that 🤔. Also Noah begging M and N not so sacrifice them self and to walk amongst them to then just end Aionios a few minutes later erasing all its orginal people and everyone else forgets this world ever existed that is just an ending that seems not coherent to me and the journey and is the opposite of what I expected to happen to the heroes after their long journey. I really liked the cast

yeah im not going to pretend the stories perfect, like for most of the game I assumed that it was part of a process to keep the world as it is, and this was reinforced really right up until the final point, and it still could be just its never fully exsplained. Like originally i thought the emotion and memories of those fighting got produced and then fed the mobius, this is why people didn't remember their past lives, because they where the fuel the machine used... but no its revealed that memories are erased because their inconvenient to deal with? I was lost at that point.

However this is getting a bit into "interpretation" territory here and until the director comes out with interviews explaining his intent we won't know for definite. But I believe Z/Origin says that essentially those with power when given time will ensure to hold onto that power and keep it for as long as possible. By forcing peoples lives to be short and their memories erased sooner or later everyone will be at the top, a commander or leader or war hero, everyone gets their time in the sun this way and its a subconscious desire of those trapped within origin.

What's not explained is why they just let some people go via homecoming, as they are never reborn, I could understand if it was how the system started to deal with people who are becoming aware of how it works, but that's not what really happens in the game, they just go, which seems uttely counter productive because they are some of the most effective within the system, one of the side quests actually tells you this is a recent trend and its not touched on again.

As for N and M flying off and exploding... iv got no fucking clue... its bassicaly asserted with no foreshadowing "oh you can't harm him because your hope and he's despair, but we are also made of despair too" and then fly off and exsplode for cheap emotional impact I guess... it was so bad I thought I was playing Kingdom Hearts for a moment.

Like I said it's not perfect, and I do feel like some of it has been lost in localisation as the translation is very loose with how it uses wording... for Christ's sake Mio says literally "old man" in a tone used to convey concern in Japanese and the text says "that's a sweet sentiment" at one point, so if they got that wrong what else did they miss? but who knows maybe the DLC will fix these holes, I sure hope so.

Last edited:
Well that's a game changer lol.

Still on chapter 4 and I was trying to squeeze maximum damage out chain attacks before now by having attackers go last in the chain attack rounds and making sure the attacker used power charge before they do their chain order animation. But because I was running around and exploring and avoiding the story I didn't get the class/hero that can use "launch" during chain attacks until now. Having easy access to launch makes a huge difference. Bosses that wouldn't die from 3 chain attacks before can be killed by 1 now

This is awesome, even on hard I'm killing bosses with million damage chain attacks

Really want that level down feature though lol

NanaMiku

Well that's a game changer lol.

Still on chapter 4 and I was trying to squeeze maximum damage out chain attacks before now by having attackers go last in the chain attack rounds and making sure the attacker used power charge before they do their chain order animation. But because I was running around and exploring and avoiding the story I didn't get the class/hero that can use "launch" during chain attacks until now. Having easy access to launch makes a huge difference. Bosses that wouldn't die from 3 chain attacks before can be killed by 1 now

This is awesome, even on hard I'm killing bosses with million damage chain attacks

Really want that level down feature though lol
If you want bigger damage, launch the enemy before activating chain attack. Damage is bigger when enemies at launch state

Definitely enjoying this more as a I progress. Which pretty much falls in line with all the Xenoblade titles. It's a slow burn. The auto-battle feature is very nice, makes it easier to deal with the grind. Incidentally, that's how I found out about the dash, just watching the auto-battle animations. I was like "what the hell? How do I do that?"
Just started mashing buttons and found out it was to click in the stick. The 6-7 characters (with a hero) I feel is a little overkill, but then again im still only in chapter 3 and have just 2 hero classes unlocked.

jorgejjvr

For the class, guardian commander, what does it mean for arts to take effect when 'awakened', really wish there were more details for classes or a quick 30 sec videos to go along with them to explain them all, I'm here just guessing

For the class, guardian commander, what does it mean for arts to take effect when 'awakened', really wish there were more details for classes or a quick 30 sec videos to go along with them to explain them all, I'm here just guessing
I don't know, just started the Zeon hero quest. However keep an eyen on Enel's YouTube channel, he posts a guide for character classes every day:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I also did Lanz's story quests, these are really well done, I can't believe they are optional.

Synless

I really like the game so far… but fuck if the soundtrack isnt as iconic as XB 1 or 2. I’m nearing chapter 5, it just isn’t….

Valt7786

You become awakened when you use his Talent Art, the one attached to A.

Top Bottom