• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

NanaMiku

How can I get a xenoblade icon on switch? As my profile, I see peoples have them, no idea how, don't see it under the the character/mii
It's from Nintendo Switch Online. You can redeem you platinum coin for icon/background/border. Each week they rotate for new icons. You can find it the Nintendo Switch Online icon on the bottom row, then go to Mission & Rewards.

Currently on wave 3

FYy7ribaMAAXxvp

jorgejjvr

Gold Member
It's from Nintendo Switch Online. You can redeem you platinum coin for icon/background/border. Each week they rotate for new icons. You can find it the Nintendo Switch Online icon on the bottom row, then go to Mission & Rewards.

Currently on wave 3

FYy7ribaMAAXxvp
Damn, I missed the Noah and mio :( had no idea about this

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa

Isa

Gold Member
How can I get a xenoblade icon on switch? As my profile, I see peoples have them, no idea how, don't see it under the the character/mii
Took me a minute to find it myself. You have to have a Switch Online sub it seems. Go into the app itself and there are rotating(per week or so) avatars, backgrounds and stuff that can be "purchased" with Platinum points/coins. Not all Avatars work with all backgrounds and borders though, at least with the other Games I tried mixing them on. You have to set the Avatar in the Nintendo Switch Online app. You can find them under Missions and Rewards, with some already being gone. Best to hurry if you can.

Edit: Too late, sorry.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just got Fiona, it’s interesting class, it healer class but mostly about buffing your party more than healing.

Lasha

Is swordmarch the end of the game? I did everything I found in chapter 3 and ended up 15 levels above the main story. I'm kind of frustrated because every time the goal gets in sight the story takes me down some random other direction. The main story starts out so strong but feels like it is being padded out.

Is swordmarch the end of the game? I did everything I found in chapter 3 and ended up 15 levels above the main story. I'm kind of frustrated because every time the goal gets in sight the story takes me down some random other direction. The main story starts out so strong but feels like it is being padded out.

Not even close. Also you can rush the main story pretty easily. If you are getting tired of doing side quests, then stop doing them.

NanaMiku

I don't feel it padded out. Liberating colonies are optional, Almost all heroes are optionals. If you stick only the main story, it's pretty straight forward. Even most areas are optional. If you follow the story only, Fornis region is only straight route, but it's actually really big.

Danjin44

I don't feel it padded out. Liberating colonies are optional, Almost all heroes are optionals. If you stick only the main story, it's pretty straight forward. Even most areas are optional. If you follow the story only, Fornis region is only straight route, but it's actually really big.
Exactly this! You can choose only do the story or take your time to explore and Liberating colonies, your choice.

I personally take my time exploring everything and do all Hero quests but the game is not forcing me do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Exactly this! You can choose only do the story or take your time to explore and Liberating colonies, your choice.

I personally take my time exploring everything and do all Hero quests but the game is not forcing me do it.

This is what I have been doing. Though at the start of every chapter, I go back to every previous colony to check out what I may have missed. I only do this at the start of a chapter though. So if new quests pop up midway through a chapter, I don’t bother to go back.

I am feeling the beginnings of burnout though, but I also just hit a point where my level is almost equal to the levels of other enemies in the zone so I am leveling up jobs so much faster that I am having fun again.

Really that is the biggest issue with this game: level creep. You level up so damn quickly that even on hard it makes everything a joke.

Danjin44

Really that is the biggest issue with this game: level creep. You level up so damn quickly that even on hard it makes everything a joke.
This is why most people want level down feature from XCDE, especially becomes problem when it slows down levelling up classes when you are overleveled.

Last edited:
don't forget silver coins for leveling up cp. The game throws tons of silver coins at you and you can't hold over 99 so might as well spend some on cp or meals or something when you got 90+

Danjin44

don't forget silver coins for leveling up cp. The game throws tons of silver coins at you and you can't hold over 99 so might as well spend some on cp or meals or something when you got 90+
Leveling up classes is easy, it’s unlocking them for other party members kind of slows down.

Danjin44

I hear ya, takes a while

don't wanna waste the silver tho
I only use silver coin when it’s around Rank 7 and I want to switch that party member to other class. Also surprisingly the silver coin is much more common than I thought, it’s gold coin that pretty rare, but I use silver coin more often.

I only use silver coin when it’s around Rank 7 and I want to switch that party member to other class. Also surprisingly the silver coin is much more common than I thought, it’s gold coin that pretty rare, but I use silver coin more often.
I just use it on anyone based on when it gets too high. Don't wanna open a chest and get 5 silver coins and waste em cause I'm at 99 already

Lasha

I definitely felt end of chapter 3 to just after Tau in chapter 4 to be redundant. The reveal didn't have as much of an impact after what you saw at the battlefield. I feel like I am in an actual anime at times with filler arcs. I enjoy the game. Just getting anxious to see what the payoff is.

Andyliini

Are there any other uses for Gemstones than gem crafting? I have 99 and can't craft anymore, due to not having enough items for them. Gemstones seem finite, so I was thinkin if there is another reason for using them.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This is why most people want level down feature from XCDE, especially becomes problem when it slows down levelling up classes when you are overleveled.

Wait... I thought you unlocked this feature when you finished the game? I'm currently using it for class points...

Am I mad?

Danjin44

Wait... I thought you unlocked this feature when you finished the game? I'm currently using it for class points...

Am I mad?
No, I was talking about Xenoblade definitive edition, which had expert mode from the beginning.

NanaMiku

No, I was talking about Xenoblade definitive edition, which had expert mode from the beginning.
I think they include level down in DE because it's a remaster/remake. For new title, they kept it like Xenoblade 2. But I still don't know about Xenoblade 3. Can anybody confirm the level down is available in new game plus?

Just finished Colony 15. Well, that was not expected lol. Also surprised with the class. Kinda disappointed you need to defeat UM again to get the skill.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think they include level down in DE because it's a remaster/remake. For new title, they kept it like Xenoblade 2. But I still don't know about Xenoblade 3. Can anybody confirm the level down is available in new game plus?

Just finished Colony 15. Well, that was not expected lol. Also surprised with the class. Kinda disappointed you need to defeat UM again to get the skill.

Can confirm it's available in both new game+ and a cleared file where your set back to just before the final fight.

One thing to note, if your especially farming for tier X gem components some of which ONLY drop from endgame unique monsters do yourself a favour drop the game to easy... spending 25 minutes to kill Kilocorn once for a no purple rank horns he only drops when you need 30 will drive you insane, 2 minutes per easy kill will allow you to enjoy content once you have perfected your gear

Last edited:
Can confirm it's available in both new game+ and a cleared file where your set back to just before the final fight.

One thing to note, if your especially farming for tier X gem components some of which ONLY drop from endgame unique monsters do yourself a favour drop the game to easy... spending 25 minutes to kill Kilocorn once for a no purple rank horns he only drops when you need 30 will drive you insane, 2 minutes per easy kill will allow you to enjoy content once you have perfected your gear

I would say fight all UMs on Hard first and defeat them at least once before you drop downt o easy for grind. The fights are a *lot* of fun and can be a very good challenge depending on your set up. Don’t miss out on them just to start grinding immediately.

Danjin44

I’m officially fall in love with Fiona‘s class, the buffs so useful against some tougher UM monsters.

NanaMiku

I think I'm at the middle of chapter 5, just fought M and N last night.. I really enjoy the game so far, but I feel still haven't see great fighting cutscenes like Pyra first awakens in Xenoblade 2 and Sharla + M71 in Xenoblade 1.

I’m officially fall in love with Fiona‘s class, the buffs so useful against some tougher UM monsters.
I use her class on 2 party member and it's buff party lol

NanaMiku

Just finished it. Got a little too "every JRPG ever" with all the end boss dialog from our band of heroes. Good game overall.

I wonder if the makers of Sesame Street are offended that you spend the entire game killing off every letter of the alphabet.
Aren't all Xenoblade are like that?

T also got killed?

So far:

Story: XB2 > XB3
Characters: XB2 > XB3
Music: XB2 > XB3
Combat: XB3 > XB2
Visuals: XB3 >>> XB2
Exploration: XB3 > XB2
Quality Of Life Features: XB3 > XB2

Music: XB3 > XB2

Exploration: XB3 > XB2

I agree with everything except music. Xenoblade Chronicles 3 has the better soundtrack

Danjin44

So far:

Music: XB2 > XB3
Exploration: XB3 >> XB2
As someone who highly enjoyed XC2, I actually really like the characters in XC3. Each of main casts also having their own hero quests also really helps connect with them.

Mister Wolf

As someone who highly enjoyed XC2, I actually really like the characters in XC3. Each of main casts also having their own hero quests also really helps connect with them.

Im in late chapter 5 early chapter 6 and I like the villans Jin/Malos/Amalthus way way more than the antagonists of this game.

Brigandier

Completed this last night, Enjoyed it but found it quite weak compared to 1 and 2, story was meh at best and took ages for anything to really happen, Characters were ehhhh and the OST was very average compared to previous entries, Combat was good but preferred XB2.

Still like the game but it's the first Xenoblade I won't be replaying again.

Edit I liked the world and exploration but that's a given with this series.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

I dont think no villans can beat Malos and Jin in Xenoblade series.

Character and story are very subjective but this I absolutely disagree, XC3 combat is the best in the series.

I that's why XB2 will most likely remain my favorite one. There was no mystery to who the villains were. The journey told you the reasoning behind their decisions. They were very human characters. I don't think much of any of the villains I've encountered in 3. Especially who I presume to be the main bad guy. Hopefully there is a payoff towards the end that changes my mind. 6 chapters in and I'm still wondering who are these people? What are there goals? and where did they come from?

Danjin44

I that's why XB2 will most likely remain my favorite one. There was no mystery to who the villains were. The journey told you the reasoning behind their decisions. They were very human characters. I don't think much of any of the villains I've encountered in 3. Especially who I presume to be the main bad guy. Hopefully there is a payoff towards the end that changes my mind. 6 chapters in and I'm still wondering who are these people? What are there goals? and where did they come from?
I think in XC3 they are kind of going for sense of mystery similar to XC1’s Zanza.

I definitely agree that Malos and Jin where much more memorable villains.

But I personally absolutely LOVE the main casts in Xenoblade 3 and how they interact with each other, especially between Eunie and Lanz.

Brigandier

Character and story are very subjective but this I absolutely disagree, XC3 combat is the best in the series.

We will have to agree to disagree, I found XC3 battles that boring towards the last 1/4 of the game that I switched to easy mode just to get to the end quicker as it started frustrating me dragging on I just wanted to wrap it up and move on.

Something about this game just didn't click like 2 did with me 🤷‍♂️

Still enjoyed it but not one I will return too until the expansion.

Danjin44

We will have to agree to disagree, I found XC3 battles that boring towards the last 1/4 of the game that I switched to easy mode just to get to the end quicker as it started frustrating me dragging on I just wanted to wrap it up and move on.
I enjoyed XC2 combat but I had no reason to control other characters, because not only Rex was very op with Mythra but also Rex’s auto attack animation just vastly better than other party members. I playing XC3 on hard and the game encourages me switch to other characters and use different classes which made the combat super interesting to me.
I'm still dissapointed Heart-to-Heart not returned. I really love the interaction in Heart-to-Heart
I agree with you but in other hand each character has their own hero quest thats fully voiced with proper cutscenes.

Last edited:
Just got to chapter 7,Queen Nia is most definely the very same oen we love in 2. One monent she is like then old nia and next scond she have to act all queenly and stuff. Interesting that after Kalus spilt the world in 2 by accident and it end up want to be together as one again. So essentially After Shulk and Rex took care of the problem with their respective world, the world want to fuse together again sometiem in the future, which was what happening in opening. So far I can understand but What on earth is Z. How is Z so strong eh can hijack the origin system and made it a etenral war essentially?

Last edited:

Lasha

I finally made it to swordmarch at 45 hours played. Busting my load after so much hinting at the true nature of the story felt so good. I genuinely laughed throughout the entire swordmarch intro. Even the dialog with random npc is hilarious.

Jsisto

Is this like previous Xenoblade games where the maps fill in completely once you’ve found every point of interest, landmark and secret area? Erythria seas map is really unbearable to look at….

Danjin44

That prison scene when Noah was so desperate to get out and expressions on their face was something.

also I love how they show the moon when time passing by and how eventually they losing hope.

The expressions in this game soooo well done, it really sell on you the emotion they are feeling.

even in game like Tales of Arise which is on much stronger system didn’t had this level expression on character's face compare to Xenoblade 3

Last edited:

Valt7786

That prison scene when Noah was so desperate to get out and expressions on their face was something.

also I love how they show the moon when time passing by and how eventually they losing hope.

The expressions in this game soooo well done, it really sell on you the emotion they are feeling.

even in game like Tales of Arise which is on much stronger system didn’t had this level expression on character's face compare to Xenoblade 3
The expressions are great, especially in that scene. When Mio is sad or worried in earlier scenes and her ears drop, its such a minor thing but it feels really well done.

Top Bottom