• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 |OT| To Guide The Dead is My Lot

Yup this gonna give me good reason to start new game +use this to proper max all my classes for each character, but it has wait until I'm done with Bayonetta 3 and Mario + Rabbits 2.
You should wait until the final DLC characters are added and it will be even better. If I had just waited until now (impossible) most of my complaints with the game would be erased since you can save party setups and earn silver coins easily. But I can't go back and change the experience I've had of playing the game. I think this is part of why I love Xenoblade 2 so much, I played it years later with all the content so a lot of the problems people had didn't really exist for me.

Well I got first 2 swimsuits for Mio and Eunie

The challenge battles are hard even on easy lol
I gotta disagree, I'm s-ranking everything first try on hard. Maybe you started a new playthrough? I've got full interlink unlocked and nopon smith upgraded my weapons, etc etc. As soon as you get to level 3 Ororoubros transform because their spam cancelling damage is really nice and kills fast so you get a good score. And if Noah has a decent crit rate and lucky 7 he will take out the strongest enemies whole health bar with his lucky 7 smash a few rounds into a chain attack

You should wait until the final DLC characters are added and it will be even better. If I had just waited until now (impossible) most of my complaints with the game would be erased since you can save party setups and earn silver coins easily. But I can't go back and change the experience I've had of playing the game. I think this is part of why I love Xenoblade 2 so much, I played it years later with all the content so a lot of the problems people had didn't really exist for me.

I gotta disagree, I'm s-ranking everything first try on hard. Maybe you started a new playthrough? I've got full interlink unlocked and nopon smith upgraded my weapons, etc etc. As soon as you get to level 3 Ororoubros transform because their spam cancelling damage is really nice and kills fast so you get a good score. And if Noah has a decent crit rate and lucky 7 he will take out the strongest enemies whole health bar with his lucky 7 smash a few rounds into a chain attack

Lucky 7? What's that? Also been thinking about grinding in the challenge battles to gets those stones so that I can exchange them for class level ups and accessories

Those accessories sound great

Lucky 7? What's that? Also been thinking about grinding in the challenge battles to gets those stones so that I can exchange them for class level ups and accessories

Those accessories sound great
It's a story thing, by Lucky 7 I mean the Sword of the End, Noah's special weapon he gets late in the game. You can set it to replace his talent art by setting talent art to "unlimited sword." If his attack and critical rate are high, and you are decently far into a chain attack (like 500%-700% multiplier) and Noah has power charge, and the enemy is launched, and you use lucky 7's smash move it's the most devastating single hit attack in the whole game.

If you've got it but you're having trouble activating it to experiment with it and see its power you could try setting Noah to Ethel's class, since Ethel has a skill called capable hands that fills up your talent art quickly at the start of battle.

Last edited:
It's a story thing, by Lucky 7 I mean the Sword of the End, Noah's special weapon he gets late in the game. You can set it to replace his talent art by setting talent art to "unlimited sword." If his attack and critical rate are high, and you are decently far into a chain attack (like 500%-700% multiplier) and Noah has power charge, and the enemy is launched, and you use lucky 7's smash move it's the most devastating single hit attack in the whole game.

If you've got it but you're having trouble activating it to experiment with it and see its power you could try setting Noah to Ethel's class, since Ethel has a skill called capable hands that fills up your talent art quickly at the start of battle.
I did finish the game and I'm doing post-game

As for Lucky 7

I will check to see if I have that equipped

STARSBarry

Gold Member
3eqG1EP.jpg

Well it finally showed, not bad for £20...

What an utter shitshow getting it though (and I mean from Nintendo) if you didn't know the EU Collectors edition got delayed due to lack of material... twice... it then was only allowed to be purchased as one copy from people who pregistered intrest, when the emails went out it crashed the Nintendo store after 10 minutes for an entire day and then when the site finally came back online the following day they where sold out.

I got one within those 10 minutes they where live...

And thank god they look nice together.

cvXALbP.jpg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
3eqG1EP.jpg

Well it finally showed, not bad for £20...

What an utter shitshow getting it though (and I mean from Nintendo) if you didn't know the EU Collectors edition got delayed due to lack of material... twice... it then was only allowed to be purchased as one copy from people who pregistered intrest, when the emails went out it crashed the Nintendo store after 10 minutes for an entire day and then when the site finally came back online the following day they where sold out.

I got one within those 10 minutes they where live...

And thank god they look nice together.

cvXALbP.jpg
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Alright! Finally beat the nopon arch sage's men of the sea "soulhacker class allowed only" challenge on hard.

Nothing makes it more obvious how much the infinite buffs from signifier and fast art recharge from troubador make things easy then having to do a crazy battle without them

Mistake

Forgot to update this. I beat the main story a few weeks ago, so here are my final thoughts. No spoilers ofc

-Side quests are infinitely better than other games, even including some cutscenes which was nice.
-The terrain was a lot less interesting than X1 when it came to appearance and finding secret areas. I still have a few spaces left to get, but most of my maps are done.
-The story was pretty good. Not as good as X1, but solid.
-Characters were interesting. I enjoyed a lot of the table talk and sass.
-I feel combat wasn’t as good as X1. Maybe it was because I could pay more attention to status effects or abilities. I liked being able to spend points to upgrade abilities before, but this doesn’t have it. Like I said before, combat could be greatly improved with a character wheel and maybe pause combat.
-The music was pretty good, but I think X1 wins here as well.
-The amount of content was definitely worth the money, but the dlc, not so much. Not yet at least.

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Going to drag this thread back up from the depths as I've just finished the game.

I don't have a whole lot of time for gaming so it's taken me months to get to the end of the game, and even then I ended up having to rush the end just so I could get through the game before life and other boring stuff impeded my progress too much.

All in, my playtime sits at 146 hours. This is a big fucking game. Like really big, even compared to it's predecessors.

On the whole I loved it. There's something very comfortable about the controls in that they're familiar and have that same feeling of movement and ease of traversal from the other games but have refinements that generally make the whole expiernce a bit better. The combat system is great - much easier to get into and very satisfying once you get the hang of chains and the good old break, topple, launch, smash (or daze, burst if you prefer that route). Come the end of the game I was able to take a level 91 unique monster's health from 80% to 0 in a single smash during a chain attack and it was awesome. I can happily spend an hour just roaming around and grinding for materials and CP, it's just very easy to play even if only to mess around and do nothing of any real purpose.

The characters are a mixed bag. Eunie is awesome and has some great characterization and Lanz is pretty decent too. Noah and Mio are fine but I never really felt attached to them as I did with Shulk or Rex. Taion and Senna are just there and fill a role.

Sadly, the antagonists fall short in this one though. They just felt one dimensional and a bit generic, particularily as the game went on. Sad to say that, but compared to XBC2 they're a massive step down and even compared to
Zanza
just fell a bit flat.

Story is decent, but there's a lack of depth, surprise and attachement that XBC 1 & 2 have. I did really enjoy it, but the pacing feels off and I agree with the sentiment that it drops off a bit after chapter 5. XBC 1 & 2 really step it up in their final chapters whereas 3 seems to falter a little and stumbles over the finish line.

On the whole, I got a hell of a good gaming experience out of the game. Monolith Soft are without a doubt one of the best developers out there and delivered a fantastic game that is easily my favorite of the year. It just wasn't quite up to XBC 2.

Ranking the series... because everyone else does and I've thought about it.

Characters:

2 > 1 = 3 > X

Antagonists:

2 > 1 > 3 > X

Environment:

1 > X > 2 > 3

World Building:

2 > 1 > 3 > X

Story:

2 > 1 > 3 > X

Combat System:

3 = X > 2 > 1

Overall:

2 > 1 > 3 > X

Last edited:
On the whole, I got a hell of a good gaming experience out of the game. Monolith Soft are without a doubt one of the best developers out there and delivered a fantastic game that is easily my favorite of the year. It just wasn't quite up to XBC 2.
Yeah I liked it a lot too, and it's excellent but I like all the other Xenoblades more. I think part of it was playing it at launch. I was really bothered that they didn't have a feature that lets you save party setups when I played it, but they added it in the last patch so it would be a non-issue if I played it now. And I played XC2 after all the DLC was out, so it was a massive game with tons of content and patches etc by then. Not to make light of XC2's base game which would still come out on top for me if I had to compare them, just not by as much.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I also just finished this game yesterday after playing it a lot since it came out earlier this year. About 130 hours on the clock for my save before the final boss. I absolutely loved this game, it's a great adventure with solid characters (though maybe too many?) and it had good narrative ties to the first two games. The music, in particular, was incredible. The game had some real emotional gut-punches thrown in a few places.

I'm going to shelve it for now, but I'll plan on returning to it after the story expansion / DLC is announced. Hoping it's standalone like the others. I still had 5 heroes I hadn't done the unlock quests for, as well as the two hidden post-game heroes - so all in all maybe another 15 hours, assuming I don't want to get crazy with the soul hack upgrades.

Definitely a 10/10 game for me.

Lasha

Both healers got whacked to an unclear attack during the final boss. If the devs didn't think the ending was important enough to let it flow without another crappy boss fight then I guess I don't need to bother seeing it. Japanese developers outside of From have no concept of pacing or difficulty and it's getting fucking old. Sitting through 45+ minutes of glorified cutscene and then actual cutscenes to start to do a boss is idiotic.

Jsisto

Both healers got whacked to an unclear attack during the final boss. If the devs didn't think the ending was important enough to let it flow without another crappy boss fight then I guess I don't need to bother seeing it. Japanese developers outside of From have no concept of pacing or difficulty and it's getting fucking old. Sitting through 45+ minutes of glorified cutscene and then actual cutscenes to start to do a boss is idiotic.
Lol. This exact same thing happened to me and I remember posting almost the exact same angry rant as you. I feel your pain.

Last edited:

Lasha

Lol. This exact same thing happened to me and I remember posting almost the 3xact same angry rant as you. I feel your pain.

What irks me is that the first part of the fight is a cutscene since you can't do anything. Zero agency since all of your skills are locked. It could have been a 5 minute cutscene and nothing would have been lost.

NanaMiku

So they finally will release the OST. Holy shit 9 discs, also include the expansion pass vol 4 OST

This Original Soundtrack contains 9 CDs of over 140 tracks (around 9 hours) that were used in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, released by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch on July 29, 2022. On top of music included in the main game, music from the additional story in Expansion Pass Vol. 4 is also included. Having been nominated at The Game Awards 2022 for Best Score and Music, not only has the game received widespread praise but its music as well. Marking the anniversary of the game's release, the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Original Soundtrack (Limited Edition) releases worldwide on July 29, 2023. (The Regular Edition releases on August 2, 2023.)

XB3_illustration_RGB_600x.jpg

The packages of both the Limited Edition and the Regular Edition feature a new illustration made specifically for the soundtrack by Masatsugu Saito, who was in charge of the game's character design. The Limited Edition includes two 1/3 Scale Mini Replicas of the flutes used when recording the music, one of "Seishin no Fue" (Noah's flute) and one of "Kishin no Fue" (Mio's flute). Also included in the Limited Edition is a card featuring Masatsugu Saito's new illustration with printed signatures of the composers on the back side. The Limited Edition also includes an 80 page booklet, although many sections are only available in Japanese (please refer to the information below for more details).

The Limited Edition was created resembling a time capsule containing Noah, Mio, Eunie, Taion, Lanz and Sena's memories of their journey through the world of Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Together with their memories, we hope that you—as the player—can cherish your memories of the game with this Original Soundtrack.
You can pre-order the limited edition here, US$128: https://www.procyon-store.com/en/products/xb3ostle

I want it, but it's so expensive....

Synless

The X fans were always delusional trying to fit it into the canon of the other games.
Not an X fan, but don’t rule it out yet. This is a team that after decades rolled Xenosaga 3’s ending into it making it canon to the series.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Not an X fan, but don’t rule it out yet. This is a team that after decades rolled Xenosaga 3’s ending into it making it canon to the series.

Takahashi doesn't care about X. It was his attempt at doing another Space Opera series and it failed. Xenosaga failed as well, which is why Monolith Soft got sold to Nintendo.

Top Bottom