• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 | Review Thread

Robb

Gold Member
Great scores, wish I would enjoy these games but I just can’t seem to get into them..

Wish Monolith would make an Action/Adventure game at some point, or a game in some other genre that I’d enjoy more.

Dynasty8

Man I wish this released on PC and other newer consoles....

Would love to play this since I loved the original back when I played the hell out of it in 2010... I just can't do 30fps anymore.

jaysius

Banned
To be fair if IGN had scored the game based on how the review read it would be at least a 90, since IGN is heavily weighted with Metacritic.
LOL, nope! If they scored it how it read it'd be a 6 or possibly a 7. The dude HATED key aspects of the game.

Sojiro

Owning a game doesn’t mean you played it. I own a dozen games I never played. If you really want to own me, show your Wii U play time of x.

Either you were disingenuous about the music, to be funny. Or you didn’t play the game fully. That’s not even the goofiest song to pick at. New LAs funky beatboxing for example.
You really doubled down on this huh? I mean I disagree with the guy, but I highly doubt he bought the game just to have photo proof to shit on it without playing it lol. I think at this point we can safely assume he has played it...

Super stoked for XC3, honestly pulling higher numbers than I was expecting but I was getting this regardless of the ratings.

Good scores but i cant take another low res outdated gfx on switch hardware
Same. I beat the first game 100% on Switch and had a hard time getting into XC2 because it felt like it was using the same Wii engine.

It still amazes me that BoTW remains in a graphical tier above everything else on the system, aside from Astral Chain and MK8.

Ezquimacore

Banned
Same. I beat the first game 100% on Switch and had a hard time getting into XC2 because it felt like it was using the same Wii engine.

It still amazes me that BoTW remains in a graphical tier above everything else on the system, aside from Astral Chain and MK8.
That's why I will defend emulation forever. Love Nintendo and buy all their consoles, but for Xenoblade 2, I had to play using Yuzu because sometimes is unplayable for me on switch. Xeno 3 looks and run way better so I will try the handheld version first.

JimboJones

Great scores, I look forward to playing it some day as I don't have the time at moment for another jrpg. Been in more of a retro jrpg mood at the moment.

Lognor

Banned
XBX is pretty shit
I wouldn't say it was shit, but not nearly as good as XB1 or 2 (and likely 3). I like that they tried to mix it up, but they didn't stick the landing. Doing all the heart-to-hearts, or whatever they're called, was a pain in the ass. You really had to rely on a guide to max it out. They didn't make it easy. XB already can be a bit obtuse with all the systems. I still ended up liking XBX, but enjoyed 1 and 2 much more..

I recently finished XCDE and I couldn't push myself to start XC2 before 3 comes out.

am I going to be missing out on a bunch of stuff if I've never played XC2?

Last edited:
You clearly haven’t been around the gaming industry long. Nintendo games usually get reviewed by Nintendo fans, and it has been the case for decades.
Blah blah blah.

Nintendo makes some really good games. Been the case for decades.

Metacritic takes reviews from hundreds of places. If you think it's all people with a Nintendo agenda, you're being pretty delusional.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
am I going to be missing out on a bunch of stuff if I've never played XC2?
Let me put it this way, I'm pretty sure majority of people played NieR Gestalt without knowing it has direct connection to Drakengard series, same thing here.

If you played XC1&2 it greatly adds to the experience but you can still enjoy the core story without playing XC1&2.

Last edited:
Let me put it this way, I'm pretty sure majority of people played NieR Gestalt without knowing it has direct connection to Drakengard series, same thing here.

If you played XC1&2 it greatly adds to the experience but you can still enjoy the core story without playing XC1&2.

Thanks! I think I will play 3 and go back to 2 maybe this holiday.

also, is there a good spoiler free video review out there anybody can recommend?

Last edited:

Astral Dog

It looked like a return to form after Xeno X and 2(not that those weren't good games, but for one reason or another didn't achieve the same prestige as Xenoblade 1).

Presentation and combat mechanics have been overhauled enough to offer a fresh experience, wasn't sure about this since i skipped Xenoblade 2, these are massive games, but finally pre ordered yesterday 👍 ready for more Xenoblade!

Gobjuduck

Banned
I highly doubt he bought the game just to have photo proof to shit on it without playing it lol.
I own the special edition of disgaea 1 and Valkyria Chronicles 4 for switch, never played them lol.
Yes, I doubled down, I will go further.
You can tell your a Neo member because you just called me out on owning a game...
didnt say you didnt own it. I said you probably didnt get far or play it. I love xenoblade x, and what you posted seemed like disingenuous bull.

Heres a way to track playtime. xenoblade x should be in your top 3, since the wii u had few games, especially long ones like X.

My playtime:
uPtz9mP.png

NanaMiku

Best Xenoblade by far for me. One of the better JRPG's I have played in years. Gald to see it reviewing well.
Saw your review! Didn't expect it but I enjoyed it!!

This is my video...

Good gameplay but the story and characers make it pretty eh

IIRC, compared to Gears and Saga, Blade always focused more on the gameplay. They had bigger story but scrapped it in favor of multiplayer game.

I'm sorry but all I can remember about XSX is everytime I entered battle it started rapping about tar... I'm actually happy the EU limited edition never came with a soundtrack.
When you hear Sawano Hiroyuki's music for the first time...

It's funny because I actually quite liked the gatcha mechanic, I thought it showed that you could essentially have a game including the system mobile games use to get revenue but instead balanced around only earnable ingame currency.

Also ironically the blade I found the most annoying to upgrade was poppy and her unique minigame... I believe it was so hated they patched parts of it so players didn't have to engage with it in the end.
Xenoblade 2 have many great ideas but poor execution

Solid scores. How are the side-quests in the game? I remember doing ton, but ton of fetching quests in Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

It's was quite boredom in that regard.
Even fetching quest in Xenoblade 2 was better than in Xenoblade 1. Even simple fetching quest have better flavor text

NanaMiku NanaMiku Touch fuzZy. get BizZay Touch fuzZy. get BizZay

giphy.gif

The game is almost here...HYPE!!!!
Handshake Bros GIF

Hey. Don't forget about me.
Your response reminded me of this:

GameInformer

Isn't great people in GameInformer already left?

Top Bottom