• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This dual gun + dual sword overdrive build
HElfxew.jpg

I was struggling on the last boss before I made the switch. Not even close to optimised, cooldowns from the dual gun tree took centuries. Once I got my overdrive set up though I legit murked him in one incendiary blade.

Second phase in either phase never got to kick in

WHAT THE FUCK MAYNE?

Yea, longsword has some crazy damage potential. Especially if you're using the special arts.

Renewed

Yea, longsword has some crazy damage potential. Especially if you're using the special arts.

Did like 30k of auto attack damage with one swing. Skills like Core Crusher and Ether Boost. Only had an ether res down IV augment on, I wanna see how messed it'd be with more to boost attack.

Explore everything you can and do all the Normal and Affinity missions you can before moving on, generally. I haven't started chapter 7 yet and I'm level 34.

I ran out of things to do so I decided to start chapter 7. I'm level 40. I'm of the opinion this game is best enjoyed slowly and so what if I'm over leveled for story missions. I have affinity to grind dammit.

dang, this thread's pretty big for a nintendo game. any plans for |ot2| yet? my recommendation:

xenoblade chronicles x |ot2| don't lose your way

not...really? Nintendo's big guns blast through the first OT much faster (Kart, Smash, ...Splatoon)

I guess for a mainly single-player game it is pretty quick

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did like 30k of auto attack damage with one swing. Skills like Core Crusher and Ether Boost. Only had an ether res down IV augment on, I wanna see how messed it'd be with more to boost attack.

Jesus, I'll hit just above that with an Incendiary Edge crit...

not...really? Nintendo's big guns blast through the first OT much faster (Kart, Smash, ...Splatoon)

I guess for a mainly single-player game it is pretty quick

Probably due to how the game is set up, making it favor a community approach to playing it and figuring stuff out.

So I'm at the mission that requires me to have discovered 15% of Primoridia. I guess the game's telling me I should go exploring? Are there side missions I can pick up to complete on the field while exploring?

Blues1990

Is there a weakness to the Eternal Millesaur? I'm able to get it's health down 3/4 of the way, but it somehow get's a power boost and one-shot's my level 50 skells. :(

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm at the mission that requires me to have discovered 15% of Primoridia. I guess the game's telling me I should go exploring? Are there side missions I can pick up to complete on the field while exploring?

Grab some normal and some basic quests, it should be more than enough.

BashNasty

Got this for Christmas today and I'm looking forward to diving in, but I'm also concerned about all the talk of how obtuse the game can be. If I get mired in dumb shit right after starting the game, I'm very unlikely to continue with it.

So, with that said, anyone got some tips for someone just starting the game to ensure a smooth experience?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Got this for Christmas today and I'm looking forward to diving in, but I'm also concerned about all the talk of how obtuse the game can be. If I get mired in dumb shit right after starting the game, I'm very unlikely to continue with it.

So, with that said, anyone got some tips for someone just starting the game to ensure a smooth experience?

Read all of the pop-ups that the game gives you carefully and go through the manual first.

Check out the guides here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3vhaii/xenoblade_x_info_compendium/

Perhaps avoid reading the comments since they might contain spoilers but the OP themselves have good information. The quick tips should be a good starting point.

Persona7

Banned
Can I download a few of the loading pack things or do I have to have them all? I am not sure if I have enough space for all of them unless I delete Fatal Frame.

vareon

Most of the game's meat are in Normal Missions (quests triggered by talking to people with red "?" mark) and Affinity Missions. Take your time and do not rush into the Story Missions. You'll learn the game's systems at a cool, steady pace.

And even if everything goes over your head, remember that just exploring Mira is fun.

Malus

Oh wow, Homer was
Phoskeron's (sp) metaphor teacher lol.

I thought that was just meant to be a funny coincidence

Is there a weakness to the Eternal Millesaur? I'm able to get it's health down 3/4 of the way, but it somehow get's a power boost and one-shot's my level 50 skells. :(
They are Theroid with -25 ether resistance and -50 thermal. A few (or as many as you can really) Theroid Slayer XX augments would help too.

I managed to beat it with one level 50 skell, three level 30 but I think my team mates skells got trashed.

How do people get so over leveled? I'm about to start the affinity mission to unlock the chapter 7 mission but I am only level 25. I want more skells but I haven't even reached the required level for the lowest tier yet.

Yeah I don't get it at all, you really don't get that much xp from just doing exploration and questing, the only way to overlevel is if you just stop and kill every enemy you see along the way.
I had to grind from 30 to 37 to beat chapter 9 @__@
I just hopped in my skell and trashed a few level 55 enemies and it took like 10 mins lol

jonjonaug

Superboss and inadvertant story end spoilers sorta: http://imgur.com/1NBL5Pd

FUCK YOU TELETHIA! FUCK YOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!

I had to do this shit TWICE "mission encounter" also includes one postgame quest where an optional objective is to kill the Telethia. Killing the Telethia is not any easier in this encounter than in any other, but it won't count to complete the segment. I'm guessing because the game probably replaces the Telethia that appears normally with an identical one that has an additional quest-item related drop.

Party member: This fight is going too smoothly, wouldn't it be better if I used an AoE attack and hit that other enemy over there?

*everyone dies*

Blues1990

They are Theroid with -25 ether resistance and -50 thermal. A few (or as many as you can really) Theroid Slayer XX augments would help too.

I managed to beat it with one level 50 skell, three level 30 but I think my team mates skells got trashed.

This video was really useful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2-r7RG8ad8

Main things are building up that hit count and chaining your overdrives. Everytime you activate it again it lasts longer and the higher your damage number is the more damage you do.

Thank you both for the awesome information. It made that encounter MUCH more easier.

Now I'm going to farm for Affinity points and get that Blossom Dance Art. :3

Last boss spoilers:

I can't fucking beat this guy. I get him to roughly 10% health on phase two and he just overwhelms me.

I thought maybe I was underleveled, so I went and actually grinded to 55. I only have one level 50 skell, the rest are 30s, and I could only afford the light one at the time. Went back in, was going well until he shot out his second set of probes. Got him down to 10% again, and then I got overwhelmed again. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Golnei

Well, its not Ga Buidhe but close enough.

j2wFJpZ.jpg

Fuck the Six Stars heavy armor for girls though. Its so ridiculous looking.

I haven't gotten that AM yet, but is that the set with the golden battle thong? Generally, I hate all the armour options that enter generic MMO territory (Reyn's heavy sets and Sharla's costumes were pretty bad about that in the first game as well) - thankfully, some of the starter AMs generally avoid that look, but it's still hard to find anything from the alien AMs which look decent, apart from a few. I've ended up sticking with combinations of early armour and casual clothes for most characters, and for Elma, I couldn't bring myself to change her outfit at all. Maybe I'll use the black palette swap of her default once I get it.

Regardless, it's still a significant improvement on the first game.

Party member: This fight is going too smoothly, wouldn't it be better if I used an AoE attack and hit that other enemy over there?

*everyone dies*

That turned all the missions that send you to kill one or two underleveled enemies in areas where everyone else is like 30 levels higher than you into complete chores. I don't want to have to manually remove their AoE arts every time - especially when Skells are involved.

Can now do Joker runs. With my random ass new classes I've never played and power leveled characters, I can not kill the mobs in the Definian cave lol. Time to work on my ground game / use characters and classes that I'm already familiar with.

TheMoon

I still regret the choices that got
the Kitty Cat People
dead

going to take a break

pls spoiler tag stuff like this!

No need, TheMoon picks the worst one he can come up with; just expect disappointment.

Yea yea you know it! :)

At least I give fair warning in advance :p

He better end the thread with 'My ovah... is splitting'

I don't get that reference.

Can I download a few of the loading pack things or do I have to have them all? I am not sure if I have enough space for all of them unless I delete Fatal Frame.

If you look at their description it should be self-explanatory that you can download them piecemeal or just consider that why would they be separate packs if you had to have them all anyway. :)

When will we have a new thread?
->
Guys, I'll leave you alone for the night in hopes that you won't fill 12 pages while I sleep. OT2 is ready to go and will be posted in the morning.

BEHOLD, OT2 COMETH
click image

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1162362

jonjonaug

Total playtime: 178 hours and 24 minutes.

Does anything special happen at 100% survey rate, or am I done outside of killing some of the hard to find Tyrants?

EDIT: Wow what timing. Reposted in new thread...

XBMhavy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom