• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulianImp

Gotta say. I ran as fast as I could when that thing popped up with it's scary ass roar.

Man, that screech gave me flashbacks to the revenant's spot sound effect in Doom 1/2... it was the stuff of nightmares.

I've also noticed that some enemies use stock sound effects that were also used in Doom, such as the imps' and either the pinkies' or barons' (don't remember which). Also, it sounded to me like grexes did a little dog whince SFX whenever you toppled them, which was funny as hell.

Got the game, and I decided to go with Prospectors for the defense boost and the miranium stuff later down the line.

Did I make a good choice for the early game though?

That was interesting. I found an enemy tyrant with 100 ether resist (Yama, the Obliviator). I was in an Ares 90. Funny seeing such a powerful Skells melee attacks and half of its arts do 1 damage per hit (well I didn't try the cannon actually, 1500 fuel to do 3 damage would have amused).

Having a look on the spreadsheet I see a tyrant with all round 100 resist :O I take it you would do resist down against it or does toppling remove resists?

A90 got kill 1shotted by 77 prone tyrant
Now you know why he is the strongest prone. I had several humanoid slayer XX, 1 XX accuracy for both melee and ranged (even then I still occasionally miss) and just used the cannon to wipe him before he could do anything (maybe I should play properly one of these days...). I want to try and see if I can Gatling him to death for less fuel usage but I feel it will be unlikely. Also a bit unnecessary, I still get more unwanted katanas than I can treasure deal away (currently I have a gold one but not all augments I want and a green one with Ultrafauna Slayer XV).

Tell me about it. Seriously, screw that place, ugh. On another note, can anyone tell me what I need to kill to get the Phoenix weapon for my Skell?
What level? If it is 30 I wrote about where to go here. I think the bigger of the two robots I mention there can drop light skell armour as well but the smaller do drop buster and phoenix.

Speaking of phoenix I was filling in segments in that region and accidentally run into some level 40 enemies, killed them and they dropped level 50 phoenix. I treasure dealed it (I have several already...really need to clean my Skell weapon inventory, I'm just over half full) and a few minutes later a "thanks for the phoenix" message appeared :)

Akhe

It really doesn't matter that much - you can change whenever you want. I think most people go with Pathfinders, Curators or Reclaimers for the early game, then Prospectors for the rest?

I chose Harriers. I don't know...but I think I will regret this choice. Oh well..

-Horizon-

HELLO IS THIS THING ON

WE CANT GO BACK TO WHERE WE CAME FROM

NOT TO SOUND CLICHE

BUT THIS WORLD SUCKS

Xenoblade X OST made me want to listen to Linkin Park again.

It was almost as freaky as the infamous Thallus by the cliffside cave entrance in Noctilum.

I just felt so betrayed :(
She was the first NPC I talked to in the game. Though I think it would have been interesting if the imposter actually killed the real Suriella and then took her place. But that would make me hate her whereas now I'm sympathetic towards her wanting to become a part of human society.
My first thought when talking to her and then listening to what others said about her made me think that she was the same as us, us being a character with amnesia so I felt like we were close because of that lol. Guess not.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Man, that screech gave me flashbacks to the revenant's spot sound effect in Doom 1/2... it was the stuff of nightmares.

I've also noticed that some enemies use stock sound effects that were also used in Doom, such as the imps' and either the pinkies' or barons' (don't remember which). Also, it sounded to me like grexes did a little dog whince SFX whenever you toppled them, which was funny as hell.

Didn't help I was like 22 and it was 40 and I'm like oh damn. But now I'm 60 and just cruise around in my Ares 90. Still want to go for that Amdusias Hades though.

Xenoboy

I encountered a weird glitch earlier. I couldn't access the mission console, so I had to return to title screen and load up the game again.
And this happened me as well -
tumblr_nzxo3pgmvS1u8hrm1o1_540.jpg

My Skell was just floating in the air like that.

-Horizon-

I encountered a weird glitch earlier. I couldn't access the mission console, so I had to return to title screen and load up the game again.
And this happened me as well -

My Skell was just floating in the air like that.

Wow, your mech came equipped with flight modules already :D

How do I get Mia the last quest

Cauldros is 68% I thought that was all I needed
You need to do the other Mia missions and Definian Downfall (which is a quest line starting with Attack on Biahno Hills in the administrative district) then
she will be in the ganglion atropolis as a white dot on your map

Mistle

North Noctilum is kinda creepy. Music changes and everything.

Yeah, going here for the first time was one of my fav XCX moments. I didn't even go there until I had my skell with flight. What really threw me off is that the Skell flight theme stops (only time I've ever heard it do that) and it's overridden by the unsettling music.

I really wish more music overrode the flight theme! Makes for some great atmosphere.

Been using the Ramjet Rifle forever and I'm getting tired of doing basically no ranged damage.

How the heck do you build TP otherwise? All the weapon classes give almost nothing per hit other than longsword which can give around 250

okay so I haven't looked for help in the game on combat or anything because at first glance its so similar to the original Xenoblade Chronicles. But the whole "green circle fills up to make it more powerful" was new to me, anything else I should know about combat? Or is there some tutorial I should know?

First thing you should know is that Blast Fencer's Essence Exchange is OP. Start every fight with full TP (well it will be full if you have a minimum of 3000 HP). Other classes have their own ways of building TP fast. When you max out a class line (get the rightmost class in the line to rank 10) you will unlock its weapons so they can be used on any other class.

Since all artes are tied to weapons that means when you have some classes maxed out you can go to the Drifter class (the one you start with) and create your own custom class. The reason you go to Drifter for this is because it has the most Skill slots IIRC.

Overdrive (chapter 5 unlock) uses 3000 TP to put you into a super mode where all of your abilities recharge faster and you gain access to tertiary cooldown (white ring that fills around artes after the green ring (secondary cooldown) has filled). You can check their effects in the artes menu but it's mostly stuff like +250/+400% damage increase for waiting for the secondary/tertiary cooldowns.

Artes have different colours, like range is usually yellow, melee usually orange, auras are usually blue, recovery/buff artes are usually green and status effect/debuff artes are usually purple. Depending on how you chain these colours together will give you different bonuses in Overdrive.

When something says "+100% damage when used in a melee combo" they mean that you need to use the arte AFTER a melee arte.

Using a melee arte first makes it a melee combo to the arte you use after.

So [Use Melee Arte --> Use Arte that gains bonus from being used in melee combo].

Same goes for range.

Might add more later.

NeonZ

If the extras were mandatory recruits and the story was written to accommodate that, there'd be less of people getting sick of Elma and Lin, and more opportunities to showcase the rest of the cast.

It'd take a general change of approach for the main story though, not just adding more characters there. In fact, I think throwing Elma and Lin in the stories of characters that currently don't involve them, by making those stories part of the main storyline, might just weaken the game in general. It'd be yet more "Elma takes control of the situation, avatar is sidelined to yes man and Lin attempts some jokes".

Those side-stories are currently some of my favorite parts of the game, and I don't think they're what needs to be fixed, but rather the main story chapters themselves and some of the Affinity Quests tied to them. The only improvement I'd want for the side stories would be giving lines to the optional characters, even if they were generic.

Absol

Been using the Ramjet Rifle forever and I'm getting tired of doing basically no ranged damage.

How the heck do you build TP otherwise? All the weapon classes give almost nothing per hit other than longsword which can give around 250

TP gain Augments
Gear that has inherit Gain TP when you use an arte
Yamato Spirit skill from Samurai Gunner?
Essence Exchange from Yelv
Overdrive color combination: I think it was Any color > Purple

Pretty sure I'm missing a lot more but those are just some stuff on how to build up your TP

I still can't get over his voice.

Dumbest voice in the game by far.

Even Manon are tolerable.

Whaaaat. I thought it fit really well. He's a total pacifist and really kind. I thought it worked better with a more teenager-like voice than a gruff voice like every other gentle giant in media.

Gotta say. I ran as fast as I could when that thing popped up with it's scary ass roar.

Thanks for reminding me about him. I suddenly know what I should use my knew skells on.

brb

I definitely got my revenge but the screech and it basically coming to life is still really freaky. There was another instance in a cove near south east Oblivia where there are more of those camouflaged Thallus' that managed to sneak up on me. Bastards.

Yeah, going here for the first time was one of my fav XCX moments. I didn't even go there until I had my skell with flight. What really threw me off is that the Skell flight theme stops (only time I've ever heard it do that) and it's overridden by the unsettling music.

I really wish more music overrode the flight theme! Makes for some great atmosphere.

Yup. When the music stopped I knew ish got real. Did you fly aaaalllll the way up the mountain as well? Theres a really cool Tyrant flying up there that I wanted no part of.

Tenshi

Neo Member
G-Buster is all you need; you probably need even less; just be sure to stack up on the Treasure Hunter armor if you can.

Oh, I know about the G-Buster. That sword is essential. All of my Skells have them. I just like collecting all of the super weapons. Will have to get some Treasure Hunter armor asap.

Haunted

My shoulder weapon is either Dragon (33k single target) or Meteor (24k with big AoE). Is Phoenix stronger than those?

Also I don't want to use a G-Buster because I love my E-Scythe so much.

So I've just completed the game, and have been cleaning up some battle points and classes using the support missions. I've already built up a perma-overdrive build, which is AWESOME, and am just wondering where else to go from here in post game land. Obviously the good ol' cleaning up Mira and such, but are there any goodies I should keep in mind?
Any reliable way of getting or farming a TP Gain on Art Photon Saber with Gravity damage?

Finalow

IAiwtZH.png

You can throw another storage probe into the linked group at the top left if you have one. There's at least two more than are shown here in the game. The main issue is finding all four duplicator probes and the booster probes.
yep, I'm missing 2 duplicator probes. still at chapter 10 though, maybe I can get 2 more from quests before finishing the game.

So I've just completed the game, and have been cleaning up some battle points and classes using the support missions. I've already built up a perma-overdrive build, which is AWESOME, and am just wondering where else to go from here in post game land. Obviously the good ol' cleaning up Mira and such, but are there any goodies I should keep in mind?
Any reliable way of getting or farming a TP Gain on Art Photon Saber with Gravity damage?

I am enjoying end game more because I fear the tyrants less now that I can kill 80% of them

just trying not to get anymore NPCs killed

do some time attack missions with that ability of yours you should collect good materials doing them

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Oh, I know about the G-Buster. That sword is essential. All of my Skells have them. I just like collecting all of the super weapons. Will have to get some Treasure Hunter armor asap.
If you leveled up some AM, you can just buy the from the shop.

Finalow

maybe I missed something but,

the quest for the Flight Module basically tells you that they had no idea how to make Skells fly up to that point. but in the intro cutscene when they fight those aliens they clearly can fucking fly.

same for the cutscenes in chapter 8, pretty sure some of them do fly or at least stay in the air for quite a while. like
that Marcus (who?) guy who dies, he was pretty much flying while shooting at those missiles.

maybe I missed something but,

the quest for the Flight Module basically tells you that they had no idea how to make Skells fly up to that point. but in the intro cutscene when they fight those aliens they clearly can fucking fly.

same for the cutscenes in chapter 8, pretty sure some of them do fly or at least stay in the air for quite a while. like
that Marcus (who?) guy who dies, he was pretty much flying while shooting at those missiles.

before you get your flight mod

if you go out to sea you pretty much do fly over the water

I think there is more to it
the story is Lin's parents were working on a better way to fly or on this version before they died
that is what was being tested when we first met Lin

it is not like human flight was not a thing just a different version that would work better for the Skells

TP gain Augments
Gear that has inherit Gain TP when you use an arte
Yamato Spirit skill from Samurai Gunner?
Essence Exchange from Yelv
Overdrive color combination: I think it was Any color > Purple

Pretty sure I'm missing a lot more but those are just some stuff on how to build up your TP

Cool. I'll have to investigate. Outside of the topple move, assault rifle has been pretty useless.

My shoulder weapon is either Dragon (33k single target) or Meteor (24k with big AoE). Is Phoenix stronger than those?

Phoenix, at least my level 50 one does 3x25k damage to everything in a pretty wide AOE

I like Scythe too tbh but G-Buster out damages it even accounting for the bonus damage from behind. If you can manage the fuel cost it's a no brainer

The problem with 'some' back weapons, particularly the ones that assemble, is their animations take FOREVER, both before and after. I can't stand Dragon cuz it's literally like 15 seconds from start to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom