• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leiru

and why am i not surprised...
El4Z7Gd.jpg

Well i guess i found my permanent poster

So I finished the "A Challenger Approaches" mission and for fun I decided to just fly from the
Wrothian Stronghold
in Oblivia to the Armory in NLA. Not only was that flight extremely scenic (made sure to keep the camera close to the Skell) but it was completely seamless without any loading screens or anything.

Like I never realized how much I enjoyed the seamlessness of this game until moments like this. I just flew over the NLA walls and free falled down to CANT SEE YOU CANT HEAR YOU and everything was there like usual. Like holy shit.

The fact that MonolithSoft was able to pull this off on the Wii U makes me salivate hard for their NX project. I cant imagine.

Chapter 7 and 10 kind of feel like they should have been affinity missions.

Yeah, they were way too short. Chapter 10 boss was a ton of fun however. I love how the environment changes and has the wreckage of the battle afterwards. Neat touch.

So I finished the "A Challenger Approaches" mission and for fun I decided to just fly from the
Wrothian Stronghold
in Oblivia to the Armory in NLA. Not only was that flight extremely scenic (made sure to keep the camera close to the Skell) but it was completely seamless without any loading screens or anything.

Like I never realized how much I enjoyed the seamlessness of this game until moments like this. I just flew over the NLA walls and free falled down to CANT SEE YOU CANT HEAR YOU and everything was there like usual. Like holy shit.

The fact that MonolithSoft was able to pull this off on the Wii U makes me salivate hard for their NX project. I cant imagine.

Yeah, they were way too short. Chapter 10 boss was a ton of fun however. I love how the environment changes and has the wreckage of the battle afterwards. Neat touch.

yeah that seamless stuff is impressive
pretty sure there is a trick to how they load the sections but they make it really smooth

love this developer so much now

2 great RPGs

NX will be mine for the next X world

yeah that seamless stuff is impressive
pretty sure there is a trick to how they load the sections but they make it really smooth

love this developer so much now

2 great RPGs

NX will be mine for the next X world

It really is. After I'm done with XCX, I'm gonna take a break and then track down XC for the Wii/3DS. Whichever I can find cheaper!

ugoo18

On the way to making my custom lvl 60 skell. Made the
Ares 90
also to try it out..... DAMM!!! it's powerful. I'm OHKOing that
Lord Xe-dom near FN110
with that move that uses 1500 fuel, that thing used to take all 3 of lvl 50s binding, G busting and Phoenixing to kill it. Makes everything i've made so far look like child's play. Might make 2 more of it for the rest of my team before focusing on my endgame custom skell.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Did I just witness a interspecies marriage?

Humans in NLA sure adapt fast to new neighbors.

We could learn a thing or two from that game.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think the true scope of this game's map just hit me. On Chapter 4 now and I've realized that just this first zone is beyond MMO levels of huge.

SalvaPot

Chapter 9 Spoilers

Holy Shit! It finally felt like a Xenoblade game Battle wise, so far I have been breezing to every fight in the game, but lion guy and rabbit girl are tough as nails, I actually had to:

-Go back.
-Equip specific stuff to get an advantage
-Level up my whole team.
-Setup specific arts to my teammates so they don't get absolutely destroyed and level them up.
-Setup skills so they are actually helpful.
-Learn how overdrive and TP actually works in this game.

All in all this is going to be the chapter that will divide those who play for fun and those who want to go deeper into the game. I could have just lower the difficulty or grind but fuck that.

Well, its not Ga Buidhe but close enough.

j2wFJpZ.jpg

Fuck the Six Stars heavy armor for girls though. Its so ridiculous looking.

Chapter 9 Spoilers

Holy Shit! It finally felt like a Xenoblade game Battle wise, so far I have been breezing to every fight in the game, but lion guy and rabbit girl are tough as nails, I actually had to:

-Go back.
-Equip specific stuff to get an advantage
-Level up my whole team.
-Setup specific arts to my teammates so they don't get absolutely destroyed and level them up.
-Setup skills so they are actually helpful.
-Learn how overdrive and TP actually works in this game.

All in all this is going to be the chapter that will divide those who play for fun and those who want to go deeper into the game. I could have just lower the difficulty or grind but fuck that.

Yeah that fight gave me a lot of trouble too. Took a lot of tries but I finally got it. Lins Shield Wall art was huge in securing victory.

All the boss fights in this game have been really fun.

zroid

Banned
so easy to grind once you get skells since you can kill stuff way higher level than you

i was already overleveled but it's kinda ridiculous now. level 37 and i'm still a ways off from starting chapter 7. very likely I'll be level 40 by the time I actually do it.

AniHawk

dang, this thread's pretty big for a nintendo game. any plans for |ot2| yet? my recommendation:

xenoblade chronicles x |ot2| don't lose your way

Forkball

so easy to grind once you get skells since you can kill stuff way higher level than you

i was already overleveled but it's kinda ridiculous now. level 37 and i'm still a ways off from starting chapter 7. very likely I'll be level 40 by the time I actually do it.
How do people get so over leveled? I'm about to start the affinity mission to unlock the chapter 7 mission but I am only level 25. I want more skells but I haven't even reached the required level for the lowest tier yet.

How do people get so over leveled? I'm about to start the affinity mission to unlock the chapter 7 mission but I am only level 25. I want more skells but I haven't even reached the required level for the lowest tier yet.

Explore everything you can and do all the Normal and Affinity missions you can before moving on, generally. I haven't started chapter 7 yet and I'm level 34.

This dual gun + dual sword overdrive build
HElfxew.jpg

I was struggling on the last boss before I made the switch. Not even close to optimised, cooldowns from the dual gun tree took centuries. Once I got my overdrive set up though I legit murked him in one incendiary blade.

Second phase in either phase never got to kick in

WHAT THE FUCK MAYNE?

No its the with the
manon scanning people's emotions.

And yeah, I bought it with tickets. Those things aren't worth the headache of saving up my tickets.

Ah fuck i just got to that part on that mission lol. I thought its be over after the first part. Sigh.

There goes 300 tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom