• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XIM NEXUS Motion Controller - The Future of Competitive Console Gaming?

Controller is pretty much doa unless it can overcome the dualsense requirements of ps5 games….already a heap of people jumping ship to Xbox because the ps5 requires dualsense to work and XIM or any other third part has overcome the issue yet

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Aim assist is what is known in the pc world as an aimbot. Calibrated to activate maybe at a distance that is not as absurd as the 180º no scope aimbots you can see in obvious troll cheaters, but still an aimbot all the same.
Having an assist that "glues" your aim to the opposing player is also part of it.
Obviously I'm not in favor of having scripts to nullify recoil, but normal mouse inputs should be default in any modern gaming system.
You are out of your damn mind. Aimbot comes from a 3rd party system that hackers use to lock on to targets with little to no effort. People get banned for using it. Aim Assist is a feature in most fps games on console that allows players to snap to target using ADS, slowing the player's aim down or softly tracking targets allowing for easier kills. You don't get banned for aim assist. It's literally a feature you can turn on or off in the game's menu.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
OP sounds like an AD for the company.
I'm not affiliated with XIM. I use Titan Two to use my Xbox Elite Controller on PS5, since Sony isn't doing anything to support competitive players on the PlayStation platforms. XIM Nexus works with Titan Two, so I can use it with PS5 - so I'm curious - but not for the cheating part. Only for the compatible part.

You are out of your damn mind. Aimbot comes from a 3rd party system that hackers use to lock on to targets with little to no effort. People get banned for using it. Aim Assist is a feature in most fps games on console that allows players to snap to target using ADS, slowing the player's aim down or softly tracking targets allowing for easier kills. You don't get banned for aim assist. It's literally a feature you can turn on or off in the game's menu.
You being unaware of how this work does not make me out of my mind. "Aim assist" is an aimbot that devs put on consoles because they are forcing players to play first person shooters with probably the most retarded input for this type of game (aka dual thumbstick). If you had "aim assist" on the PC you would be straight up cheating due to use of an aimbot.

Think about it differently, imagine a sim racing game. You have a dude with steering wheel, pedals and manual gearbox. He's in control of all his inputs and whatever lap times he's getting, he's doing it on his own merit.
Now think about the same game, same car, etc. But the other person competing is not using steering wheel, but a common joypad. To compensate the lack of precision, the devs activate "steer assist", "break assist", "gear assist" and "traction control". Basically whatever lap times this second person is getting, is pretty much in autoplay, very minimal skill and practice needed to look competent.

Now imagine getting mad at the likes of Logitech, Fanatec or ThrustMaster because they make steering wheels :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
You being unaware of how this work does not make me out of my mind. "Aim assist" is an aimbot that devs put on consoles because they are forcing players to play first person shooters with probably the most retarded input for this type of game (aka dual thumbstick). If you had "aim assist" on the PC you would be straight up cheating due to use of an aimbot.

Think about it differently, imagine a sim racing game. You have a dude with steering wheel, pedals and manual gearbox. He's in control of all his inputs and whatever lap times he's getting, he's doing it on his own merit.
Now think about the same game, same car, etc. But the other person competing is not using steering wheel, but a common joypad. To compensate the lack of precision, the devs activate "steer assist", "break assist", "gear assist" and "traction control". Basically whatever lap times this second person is getting, is pretty much in autoplay, very minimal skill and practice needed to look competent.

Now imagine getting mad at the likes of Logitech, Fanatec or ThrustMaster because they make steering wheels :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:
"Forcing players to play FPS shooters with the most retarded input" - Really bro?

I've played FPS games for years...dating back to Golden Eye 007 on N64. The controllers have done nothing but get better. Just because some people are unable to use said controllers effectively doesn't mean you should use a 3rd party program to negate the systems in the game to the point that it actually gives you an advantage.

As for your driving sim comparison, Driving Sims allow races to be tailored to certain specifications. Whoever is hosting the race can determine whether these assists are used or not. Also, tournaments also have standards in regards to these things. I don't have a problem with the steering wheel because it doesn't mess with the intended systems in the game.

I could say the same for fighting games. Some people use a Playstation controller, others might use arcade sticks. Each have their own learning curve and ultimately pros play with what they're most comfortable with. That being said, neither controller type circumvents the systems within the game.

XIM fucks with the systems in the game and is therefore cheating.

Enough with this fuckin participation trophy bullshit.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned
Dude what? I'm 6,5 with hands like frying pans and the Xbox controller fits perfectly.
You must have smaller hands than you imagine because the Series X controller is really small. Surely the smallest Xbox controller there has been.

The Dualshock 4 was a bit on the small side too. The DualSense is just about right.

"Forcing players to play FPS shooters with the most retarded input" - Really bro?

I've played FPS games for years...dating back to Golden Eye 007 on N64. The controllers have done nothing but get better. Just because some people are unable to use said controllers effectively doesn't mean you should use a 3rd party program to negate the systems in the game to the point that it actually gives you an advantage.

As for your driving sim comparison, Driving Sims allow races to be tailored to certain specifications. Whoever is hosting the race can determine whether these assists are used or not. Also, tournaments also have standards in regards to these things. I don't have a problem with the steering wheel because it doesn't mess with the intended systems in the game.

I could say the same for fighting games. Some people use a Playstation controller, others might use arcade sticks. Each have their own learning curve and ultimately pros play with what they're most comfortable with. That being said, neither controller type circumvents the systems within the game.

XIM fucks with the systems in the game and is therefore cheating.

Enough with this fuckin participation trophy bullshit.
Really really bro!

There's a difference between playing casually an FPS game (or any other type of game) and playing competitively. Everything I mentioned was 100% factual. And the main complain was the fact consoles are still limiting the normal use of keyboard and mouse for people that prefer that input method.
Your complaining against XIM is completely off the mark, they are there to cover a niche that consoles have left for ages untapped. If console manufacturers would simply allow the use of that input method, XIM would pretty much have no product to sell here. And again, I'm not talking about the macros to cancel recoil, that is something that literally anyone can make and obviously should be cracked down server side as soon as detected.

What I think you completely missed from my analogy was that you don't have a problem with steering wheels and arcade sticks because they are natively supported (aka "doesn't mess with the intended systems in the game"). If they weren't and all racing games would have by default "steer assist", you'd probably be complaining about those "cheaters" that got an actual steering wheel from XIM or any other hardware manufacturer.

So in conclusion, yes, normal mouse & keyboard inputs should also be supported on consoles and there should not be any "aim assist", in the same way when I'm fucking some chick I don't need a "penetration assist" to help me out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Really really bro!

There's a difference between playing casually an FPS game (or any other type of game) and playing competitively. Everything I mentioned was 100% factual. And the main complain was the fact consoles are still limiting the normal use of keyboard and mouse for people that prefer that input method.
Your complaining against XIM is completely off the mark, they are there to cover a niche that consoles have left for ages untapped. If console manufacturers would simply allow the use of that input method, XIM would pretty much have no product to sell here. And again, I'm not talking about the macros to cancel recoil, that is something that literally anyone can make and obviously should be cracked down server side as soon as detected.

What I think you completely missed from my analogy was that you don't have a problem with steering wheels and arcade sticks because they are natively supported (aka "doesn't mess with the intended systems in the game"). If they weren't and all racing games would have by default "steer assist", you'd probably be complaining about those "cheaters" that got an actual steering wheel from XIM or any other hardware manufacturer.

So in conclusion, yes, normal mouse & keyboard inputs should also be supported on consoles and there should not be any "aim assist", in the same way when I'm fucking some chick I don't need a "penetration assist" to help me out :messenger_tears_of_joy:
There is still a big difference between aim assists (soft lock and/or bullet magnetism) and auto-aim/aimbot. The first still require some level of skill.

Last edited:
There is still a big difference between aim assists (soft lock and/or bullet magnetism) and auto-aim/aimbot. The first still require some level of skill.
Both would be considered cheating on any fps competition where mouse input is assumed. Any low+ with minimum game sense mouse player would become an alien in a lobby filled with dual thumbstick players.
Both are aimbots, the difference is the activation range.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Both would be considered cheating on any fps competition where mouse input is assumed. Any low+ with minimum game sense mouse player would become an alien in a lobby filled with dual thumbstick players.
We can say almost that, but the difference in the "activation range" is huuuuuuge.

Banned
IMO Aim Assist should just be turned off entirely, it's not needed, there are players on controller that show it's not needed. it's all conditioning, if you play without for some time you will get good without it fast.

there are players on PC that play controller without aim assist and have no issue keeping up. maybe on console it's a different story depending on game, because the smoother the framerate the better your controls are and the easier it is to aim on controller.

Malakhov

Banned
I sure hope so... because that's better you know... because you can get new ones easily and everywhere
Nah, batteries are a joke

I bought a series x controller with a wireless adapter for my PC this week, I was in shock when I tried to charge it and got a vibration and nothing else, no lights etc.. and found out I need to use fucking batteries in 2021 for a controller lol

Banned

I bought a series x controller with a wireless adapter for my PC this week, I was in shock when I tried to charge it and got a vibration and nothing else, no lights etc.. and found out I need to use fucking batteries in 2021 for a controller lol

every controller uses batteries einstein, the Xbox controller simply gives you choice which one to use. wanna use the official one by Microsoft? no problem! wanna use a third party battery pack? no problem! wanna use rechargeable AA batteries? also... no problem!

easy to replace, easy to upgrade, easy to maintain.
so what exactly is the joke here? that the company gives you choice? are you by any chance an apple user?

Malakhov

Banned
every controller uses batteries einstein, the Xbox controller simply gives you choice which one to use. wanna use the official one by Microsoft? no problem! wanna use a third party battery pack? no problem! wanna use rechargeable AA batteries? also... no problem!

easy to replace, easy to upgrade, easy to maintain.
so what exactly is the joke here? that the company gives you choice? are you by any chance an apple user?
I have never bought any batteries for my consoles in the last 20 years.

But nice catch on defending that stupidly flawed design

MrFunSocks

Banned

What costs more, replacing AA batteries or replacing a controller?

I have 20+ eneloops charged at any given time. When my controller batteries die it literally takes me 5 seconds to be back up and running, still wireless. Can't do that with internal battery.

Using AA batteries is much, much better. It's why I haven't bought the Elite 2 to replace my aging and worn out Elite controller.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
What costs more, replacing AA batteries or replacing a controller?

I have 20+ eneloops charged at any given time. When my controller batteries die it literally takes me 5 seconds to be back up and running, still wireless. Can't do that with internal battery.

Using AA batteries is much, much better. It's why I haven't bought the Elite 2 to replace my aging and worn out Elite controller.
Never replaced a controller as well, consider me lucky or I don't have enough time for gaming 🤷

PerfectDark

Banned
Limiting recoil is hacking/cheating. Noway MS does not go after these guys. F these guys and anyone that goes after cheating and ruining games.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Never replaced a controller as well, consider me lucky or I don't have enough time for gaming 🤷
Lucky you then. All of my PS3 controllers can't hold a charge for more than like half an hour. My 360 controllers can still last as long as the day I bought them because they last as long as AA batteries can last. In 20 years time they'll still work while my PS3 controller likely won't hold charge at all and would have to be plugged in 100% of the time to use it.

Batteries degrade, and they do it quicker the more you use and charge them.

Last edited:
Ethics about using these aside..im not sure why they went in this direction to be honest....mouse and keyboard will still crap allover anyone using these controls
if they wanted to evolve the xim they should of maybe added in some of the functionality (macros ect) that the cronus/titan devices do

Controllers are expensive to manufacture on mass when they could of just gone with a board upgrade to run macros ect

Malakhov

Banned
Lucky you then. All of my PS3 controllers can't hold a charge for more than like half an hour. My 360 controllers can still last as long as the day I bought them because they last as long as AA batteries can last. In 20 years time they'll still work while my PS3 controller likely won't hold charge at all and would have to be plugged in 100% of the time to use it.

Batteries degrade, and they do it quicker the more you use and charge them.
Got lucky because I seriously had no problems with any controllers ever

I'm gonna get some enerloops for that series x controller, I was using the switch controller on PC but I was getting tired of messing with software to get it working on some games. The x controller with the wireless adapter is just plug n play for all my titles so far

8BiTw0LF

Banned
After reading some of the comments in here, I really want this controller so bad now.
Combined with Titan Two for macros, I'm on a journey to cheat as hard as I can - mainly to destroy others online experience and elevate my own experience - and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.
See you on the battlefield.

the jesus win GIF

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Have you ever played on Mouse and Keyboard? It is easier than controller, but it's not like it's devoid of skill. I have friends I p[lay with who definitely have a hard time on M&K.

I play Warzone on M&K and I do not have much of an advantage at all, especially if you are at close range. I do have advantage in sniping.

Zannegan

Nah this is the future of controller that i found.

Not sure if you're joking or serious, but thanks for sharing.

Granted, that is one hideous monstrosity, and some of the solutions are seriously unworkable for a commercial product, but the ideas at work are really interesting. It gives me a little bit of hope that someday we might move beyond the stagnant dual analogues we're currently stuck with.

jigglet

Banned
The controller concept I've always wanted to see is a modern version of the one below. The Wii remote pointer was close to perfect, but it required your hand to be really, really stable otherwise it would jitter all over the place. The design below would put it on a physical pivot, which would stablise your aim. IMO it would be the best of both worlds - you have the friction of a traditional controller with the pointer of the Wii remote.

1358453593151Jdei.JPG

Last edited:
Ethics about using these aside..im not sure why they went in this direction to be honest....mouse and keyboard will still crap allover anyone using these controls
if they wanted to evolve the xim they should of maybe added in some of the functionality (macros ect) that the cronus/titan devices do
XIM has a stated aim of not getting into the 'cheat' area of macros and the like. The funny thing is people are freaking out over the 'recoil macro' which is just a clever use of the walk feature. It's far from perfect, and it's completely unintended. Anyone who is seriously trying to do anti-recoil and full-auto for semi auto weapons is gong to get into those Titan/Cronus ecosystems.

As for why they did this? Well... it's kind of a cool idea. And it's a quick use of the smart translator stuff they already have for XIM. And they kind of have a bit of hard-on for accessibility so they can point at some disabled people making use of their devices and say "you wouldn't want to keep these poor folks from gaming would you?"

But yeah if you want to chase the market and make some money it seems like some kind of macro edition would sell like hot cakes.

That or something that's PS5 compatible I suppose. I don't know, haven't been following that as I don't have one. But it seems pretty conspicuous that it mentions Series X and PS4, so I assume Sony going with a new generation of controller has slowed down the unlicensed peripherals.

Skifi28

You must have smaller hands than you imagine because the Series X controller is really small. Surely the smallest Xbox controller there has been.

The Dualshock 4 was a bit on the small side too. The DualSense is just about right.
I know the feeling.

8NRSEXN.png

Have you ever played on Mouse and Keyboard? It is easier than controller, but it's not like it's devoid of skill. I have friends I p[lay with who definitely have a hard time on M&K.

I play Warzone on M&K and I do not have much of an advantage at all, especially if you are at close range. I do have advantage in sniping.
I played competitively at pretty high level for a number of years in the PC fps space. At high level, even the refresh rate of your monitor is taken into account. Each player tweaks his own config files, sensitivity, etc.
It's like comparing a F1 car on track to driving a Prius. Sure they both have wheels and will take you from point A to point B, but you wouldn't even put them in the same category.
If console manufacturers started opening the support to M&K, you'd definitely be using it to stay competitive :messenger_winking:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life

Are your friends playing without the pathetic massive aim assist helping??? Because if not, your advantage is obviously smaller...

Top Bottom