• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XIM NEXUS Motion Controller - The Future of Competitive Console Gaming?

8BiTw0LF

Banned

The XIM NEXUS Motion Controller is the result of decades of software and hardware expertise that produced a device that we are thrilled to be able to share with you. Its patented design was crafted around the sole purpose of making the user faster and more accurate in the shooters they play. It is for veteran and new controller gamers alike.

index.php

Features include:
  • Powerful embedded system that runs everything natively on-controller (avoids sending time-critical sensor data wirelessly at lower rates to a dongle)
  • Motion Aim uses the same high precision Smart Translator system as XIM’s console mouse adapters
  • Advanced Motion Engine is configurable with minimal motion aim settings and includes presets that suits most users
  • Thumbstick aim can be configured to use Native game or user Custom Aim Curve behavior
  • True Aim Curves that respond as designed (unlike today's console controllers with custom aim curves that just place them on top of the game’s existing aim behavior resulting in unpredictable response)
  • XIM NEXUS Manager app (available on Android, iOS and PC) used to configure all aspects of the controller
  • 24 mappable buttons
  • 4 back buttons that are positioned to support motion aim and a consistent stable grip
  • Flexible trigger mapping for assigning actions to different pull positions on a single trigger
  • Modifiable sensor calibration that can be utilized by power users to push the controller’s hardware to the limit
  • Wireless audio and microphone via integrated headphone jack
  • Around 10 hours of battery life (embedded rechargeable battery)
  • Presents itself as a standard Bluetooth controller
  • Supports Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 using included wireless adapter (requires native console controller plugged into adapter)
  • PC support (wireless adapter optional if PC doesn’t have Bluetooth)
  • Spectator Mode for game video/streaming production that includes 3D realtime controller and reticle visualizations
XIM has and always will be a community-driven project. The reason we are here is because of the dedication of our community of gamers whose feedback has pushed this project and the technology behind it to where it is today. I wanted to give extra thanks to antithesis, LITHE, and Od1n – our earliest Alpha Testers who have been testing and providing feedback since the beginning of XIM NEXUS’ development.

Od1n also runs XIM Central where he provides all sorts of information and tips about everything XIM (now including XIM NEXUS). Make sure to check it out. Here is one his excellent videos where he compares performance of aiming with XIM NEXUS Motion vs Mouse vs Thumbstick:

Concerning status of the project, we are on the verge of starting production of our initial batch and will be providing updates (such as exact dates, price, etc.) in the near future. It is our plan to release before the end of the year.

On behalf of BitWelder and myself (OBsIV), thank you and we are looking forward to bringing you this new product that we’ve worked so hard on!

index.php

* XIM NEXUS.png (2010.46 kB, 1920x1080 - viewed 12474 times.)
index.php

* XIM NEXUS Back.png (1841.75 kB, 1920x1080 - viewed 5754 times.)
index.php

* XIM NEXUS Side.png (1775.78 kB, 1920x1080 - viewed 5764 times.)
index.php

* XIM NEXUS Manager HUD.png (267.16 kB, 500x890 - viewed 5578 times.)
index.php

* XIM NEXUS Manager Aim Curve Editor.png (77.97 kB, 500x890 - viewed 5557 times.)

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Interesting.......nice cheat to actually use it wirelessly. I wonder what it will cost.....

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This could actually make playing fps games tolerable on console.
Thumbstick aiming is cancer.
Aim assist and ADS snap targeting isn't enough? You need to calibrate a controller so it negates recoil as well?

IMO this basically delegitimizes any and all console competitive play if allowed to be used in tournaments. You're literally using technology to circumvent systems in the game.

Aim assist and ADS snap targeting isn't enough? You need to calibrate a controller so it negates recoil as well?

IMO this basically delegitimizes any and all console competitive play if allowed to be used in tournaments. You're literally using technology to circumvent systems in the game.
"aim assist" is the actual cheat here. It's called an aimbot, look it up.

If you consider mouse to controller conversion cheating (it isn't) then you have to consider this cheating too. So in that way it's a hilarious troll.

I have basically no experience with gyro aiming (Wiimote IR pointer games probably being the closest) so I have no idea if I would actually like this. And if I were to look at this as a couch potato compromise I'd have to wonder about the build quality and how it handles standard controller functions.

Anyone have any recommendations for the best available gyro aiming currently out there? PS4? Switch? I think I have an unopened Steam controller somewhere from when they were unloading their stock for like $15.

Aim assist is the cheat? Aim assist is not aimbot, wtf are you talking about?
Aim assist is what is known in the pc world as an aimbot. Calibrated to activate maybe at a distance that is not as absurd as the 180º no scope aimbots you can see in obvious troll cheaters, but still an aimbot all the same.
Having an assist that "glues" your aim to the opposing player is also part of it.
Obviously I'm not in favor of having scripts to nullify recoil, but normal mouse inputs should be default in any modern gaming system.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Those rear buttons look horribly positioned.

I wouldn't support this company that sells products that ruin console online play even if this looked good.
At least the contoller looks slick.

I agree, the back buttons look off. I've never used a controller with back buttons (I just use standard game pads), but those back buttons look really close together and angled oddly compared to a person's natural grip.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Motion control sucks. It was ok in splatoon, but was only really useful for up and down and very small movements.

Most games have aim assist so it's fine. In MW2019 I used 14/18 sensitivity and the aim assist worked in varying degrees, but I never had a problem getting kills.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
"aim assist" is the actual cheat here. It's called an aimbot, look it up.
Without aim assist fps gaming would be impossible on a controller due to how hindered you are with thumb sticks.
D-Pad looks bad, stick positioning is bad. Back buttons are interesting.
Stick positioning bad? It's the most comfortable way to use thumb sticks. There's a reason why must controller fabricants use this position.

jigglet

Banned
Those rear buttons look horribly positioned.

I wouldn't support this company that sells products that ruin console online play even if this looked good.

They tested more traditional back buttons, but they didn't work. The reason being you're not supposed to grip this in the traditional way due to all the gyro movements. Your hands are expected to sit a little "looser". The back button designs are very intentional.

Last edited:
Stick positioning bad? It's the most comfortable way to use thumb sticks. There's a reason why must controller fabricants use this position.
It's the most uncomfortable way. You have to bend your left thumb 90% of the time since most games use it all the time. With the other layout you left thumb can stay in a relaxed position.

Closer

Most games have aim assist so it's fine. In MW2019 I used 14/18 sensitivity and the aim assist worked in varying degrees, but I never had a problem getting kills.

Did they remove the "press aim button to snap to enemy" bullshit I've seen on console FPS?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
It's the most uncomfortable way. You have to bend your left thumb 90% of the time since most games use it all the time. With the other layout you left thumb can stay in a relaxed position.
I don't know what's wrong with your fingers, but for most normal people it's comfortable.

But we get it, you prefer the dual shock, and every other manufacturer in the world are wrong.

(i know some of them make the same way as the ds are, but the most popular are the unaligned sticks)

I don't know what's wrong with your fingers, but for most normal people it's comfortable.

But we get it, you prefer the dual shock, and every other manufacturer in the world are wrong.

(i know some of them make the same way as the ds are, but the most popular are the unaligned sticks)
Haha, you got me. I was elsewhere when i made my first post and the stick positioning is perfectly fine. Gonna edit the first post.

Zannegan

At first I was thinking, "So what? Just about every other controller has aim+gyro."

Then I realized it was all running on the controller not through the system so it should work everywhere.That plus back buttons had me all the way onboard.

Then I saw automated recoil reduction, and I'm right back off again. More control options is great, but an outright aim hack? No thank you.

I suppose I could still get one and just not use that feature, but I don't know about supporting a company that makes that part of their standard software suite.

Well that was a surprising twist 😂
Yeah my bad, but i hope now "It's the most uncomfortable way. You have to bend your left thumb 90% of the time since most games use it all the time. With the other layout you left thumb can stay in a relaxed position." makes more sense, because the DS positioning sucks egonomically.

hlm666

Whats the point of this? a trojan horse to get around the ps5 dual sense encryption they havn't been able to beat yet for xim?

I'm terrible at stick aiming, but was pretty good in Splatoon. This would actually help me be somewhat competitive against the other nerds. Might buy it if I stick around to play a lot of Halo online.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Without aim assist fps gaming would be impossible on a controller due to how hindered you are with thumb sticks.

Games like R6 Siege and Overwatch allows to disable all assists and I see people playing without it. Not impossible if you get gud.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in this. But do the motion controls actually work well? Every game has different acceleration etc so it's hard to see how it could.

Last edited:
*presents itself as a normal controller.

They're not even trying to hide cheating anymore are they?

Fuck this shit. PC, Sony, Xbox and Ninty you need to crackdown on this industry wide. Cheaters are ruining online multiplayer. You cannot hide these facts anymore. Do something, a lot in fact.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
*presents itself as a normal controller.

They're not even trying to hide cheating anymore are they?

Fuck this shit. PC, Sony, Xbox and Ninty you need to crackdown on this industry wide. Cheaters are ruining online multiplayer. You cannot hide these facts anymore. Do something, a lot in fact.
They don't try to hide it at all as they sell other cheating devices that you add to current controllers right next to said controllers in stores like WalMart, Best Buy and Gamestop

RoboFu

One of the green rats
my hands are not steady enough for these kinds of motion controls. Id rather use a mouse if i could just use a thumbstick.

BlackTron

I'm still looking for a GOOD reverse-analog controller for Playstation.

But I hate supporting cheating in any way. If this turns out to be THAT good, I might try to get a used one on ebay later on.

HTK

Banned
Might have to become more of a SP and Co-Op gamer because lately it's become unbearable to play multiplayer. Weather its cheaters or catering to No Thumbs Timmy.

They don't try to hide it at all as they sell other cheating devices that you add to current controllers right next to said controllers in stores like WalMart, Best Buy and Gamestop
It's depressing and frustrating to take your kids to a games store and have to explain what this shit is and why not to buy them. Disgusting it is even for sale. The retailers are as much to blame.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
It's depressing and frustrating to take your kids to a games store and have to explain what this shit is and why not to buy them. Disgusting it is even for sale. The retailers are as much to blame.
I have used my nephews as an example on the PS4 they have been using the paid cheats for years and nothing has been done and much to your point they say something like "If it wasnt legal they would sell it here in Walmart"

Have tried telling them using these things is cheating but they are kids they dont care.

While not near as powerful as straight aimbots on a PC they can play Warzome with a single shot DMR thats full auto with zero recoil and heavy aim assist on a PS4.

Cheating is what is ruining gaming for me.

Heck anytime I play online anymore even if someone is just really good I always have in the back of my mind "Are they getting help?"

jaysius

Banned
Deffo made for people like this, who the fuck can tap those lol. End of the day, no matter the marketing its still a controller and it still has thumbsticks.

Dgzrtj0X0AEUOo0.jpg:medium
This picture gave me a pain in the everything, this guys' posture is 1000% wrong. I bet this the way he looks when he stands.

Also fuck XIM for allowing so many shitty M&K players onto console to ruin the competition.

This controller with all it's:
  • XIM NEXUS Manager app (available on Android, iOS and PC) used to configure all aspects of the controller
  • 24 mappable buttons
Sounds like something that can easily allow macros and other shitty cheating.

OP sounds like an AD for the company. In fact, when you google "XIM NEXUS Motion Controller" this is the FIRST result on Google, the official company website doesn't even have any traces of this name at all.

Then there's that one dude with the Gyro aiming fetish that's been pushing that for maybe a decade now and still very few people give a shit, it's sad that he's shilling for a company that's enabled so many cheaters, and with this is probably going to make cheating even easier.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Maybe for some people, but not for all. I turn aim assist off for every game I can on console (which is essentially all of them) and online games like Siege don't even allow aim assist.

I like the triggers and overall shape being a complete copy-paste from the Xbox controller, but the back buttons don't work for me. No way do my fingers line up with that layout.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
They’re marketing these to dudes to get money I’m sure I’m not the first to point that out. I think it’s good to not accept the bundled controller.

Top Bottom