• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xperia 1 iii vs Xperia 5 iii

Drew1440

Regarding the RAM, you can splitscreen apps on the Xperias (called multiwindow). Mine has 8Gb (5 II) and I manage fine running both Brave/Chrome and YouTube app in splitscreen. Not sure if there are any apps that need 12Gb, either now or in the future.

The only other difference is wireless charging, storage size (Both support microsd and the screen size.

Kerotan

Regarding the RAM, you can splitscreen apps on the Xperias (called multiwindow). Mine has 8Gb (5 II) and I manage fine running both Brave/Chrome and YouTube app in splitscreen. Not sure if there are any apps that need 12Gb, either now or in the future.

The only other difference is wireless charging, storage size (Both support microsd and the screen size.
And the think a 4k display vs 1080p.

But yeah I think 12gb is only recommended for gaming. I suppose in 3 or 4 years the 12gb phones will get the latest updates while the 8gb ones will be left behind.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
As well as the RAM, The screen is different. 4k on the 1 and 1080p on the 5.

Screen size is also a factor. The screen on the 5 is pretty narrow. Also, pretty sure the 1 has the better camera.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
Just got the 1 iii for the wife. Will report back once she’s used it for a while. She does quite a lot of video recording so we’ll see. It’s obviously not a replacement for the a7 camera but it will be much more portable.

Erdrick

I've had the Xperia 1ii for a year and a half almost, and unless it suddenly explodes, I'll not need to get the Xperia 1iii. It's a fairly incremental upgrade in my case, but if you were coming from an older phone or a different brand? Get the 1iii for sure. If you have any affiliation with any of Sony's Alpha cameras, you will feel right at home. Plus the display form and resolution make watching media on there just a little more unique than the average phone these days.

Top Bottom