• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshi-P: Final Fantasy 16 will flex the PlayStation 5's power, No Loading Screens

eyeroll-43.gif

Who the fuck cares!!!!! It look gorgeous regardless if it’s high tech or not.

Graphic whoring is really becoming obnoxious around here.

Game director himself is trying to sell you the game by calling it "showcase" for new hardware.

Pretty outdated sales pitch if you ask me.

Personally I wanna know about gameworld, cities and pretty locations we can visit. Also how gameplay works.

Graphics have not been a major factor for a long time, at least to me. I get wowed by a lot of AA games, most of them look pretty.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Game director himself is trying to sell you the game by calling it "showcase" for new hardware.

Personally I wanna know about gameworld, cities and pretty locations we can visit. Also how gameplay works.

Graphics have not been a major factor for a long time, at least to me. I get wowed by a lot of AA games, most of them look pretty.
In Yoshi-P I trust ;).

sendit

Agreed. However, some of the hype died down when I found out this game will be similar in game world structure to FF13. Would rather see an iteration of the FF15 open world approach.

Agreed. However, some of the hype died down when I found out this game will be similar in game world structure to FF13. Would rather see an iteration of the FF15 open world approach.

So just like an empty non-interactive world? I got a game for you, especially as someone who enjoyed XV

Klosshufvud

I don't know if I see enough evidence for all that now, the game was initially suppose to be a PS3 game, now magically it should have been on PS5? Whats next? When the remaster it on PS5, you going to tell us in 2026 that "we need a proper PS6 remaster, that game was downgraded somewhat savagely for the PS5" lol

I think FFXV is as great as it could look like at the time of its release. I didn't see anything prior to suggest it was going to look better or something as it was suppose to be on PS3 in the first place.

I also believe knowing Square we will 100% get a remaster of that game lol The Royal FINAL CUT lol So thats more of a soon then no. I think it will look great remastered on PS5, but I wouldn't hold out thinking it will be some huge game changer, I just don't buy that it was suppose to look like something else as it was already moving from 1 system to another. It will be minimal and the biggest changes will be like no loading, 3D audio, 8K (if PS5 Pro is out or something)

but back to FFXVI, I don't see no loading as a huge flex, I see it as the soon to be standard with lots of PS5 titles, hype sure, but not really shocking. It would be more weird if they said it did have loading or something lol
Well the game was quite extensively downgraded throughout its development process. The Luminous Engine and their rendering ambitions proved a bit too much for the meager PS4. This can partly be blamed on PS4 devkits over-promising its specs (this is why so many games around that time had downgrade scandals). Whether it was engine issue or hardware issue is up to debate but it's obvious FFXV was bit overburdened with its ambitions. However Forspoken is PS5 only and is even uglier than FFXV so I may be completely in the wrong too :messenger_neutral:

If there ever was a 60 fps/4K patch for FFXV, I'd definitely give it another playthrough. Maybe they could also integrate Kingsglaive with the actual game so it comes as a complete standalone package.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I'm actually pretty stoked on this and I generally don't get hyped for FF games anymore.

Might be a day 1 purchase just so I can take part in the launch period discussions.

Teslerum

... It's not?

It's zone/hub/*wider area* based, similiar to 12 for example. Not (mostly) linear corridor like 13.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
But I was told squeezing through cracks in a wall was an essential part of video games cause I'm too stupid to know where to look if the game doesn't hand hold.

Fucking Santa monica with this bs
That was a Naughty Dog dev. SSM didnt defend it. They know how bad it was in their game, but made no excuses. The ND dev came out of nowhere to make the claim that they do it for pacing.

Lysandros

I learned to be pessimistic about these things throughout the years, i'll be pleasantly surprised if this indeed happens in a truly impressive way.

Shame we couldn't get a proper FFXV PS5 remaster. That game was downgraded somewhat savagely for the PS4 console.
What was downgraded, besides actual content, like a proper introduction and actual character building, oh and showing the city scenes in game instead of expect g people to pay and watch a crap movie first.

For technical looks, I played it on a base ps4 and it looked phenomenal. They can release a resolution, updated textures and 1080p 60 patch / rtx upgrade patch but make that free like Witcher 3, not pay for like all the Sony exclusive money grubbers.

Although I will probably never replay it as it was missing so much content. Playing crisis core right now and loving it all over again. Will wait for ff16.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Not bad. It almost looks as good as GoW3. I'm proud of you Square

WeirdSomberArgentineruddyduck-size_restricted.gif

So this game is now trying to be DMC, without the actual depth?
Looks better to me but all opinions are just that. I do love some god of war though.

Your second point though ..... bad take..... the combat designer was poached from Capcom and is in fact the (wait for it) DMC guy. Along with several other very competent fighting systems, Dragons Dogma and MVC2. The combat is in very good hands. As is every other aspect of the game.

Crayon

I am letting myself get too excited for this. Must prepare for the worst...

This is going to be a fucking good year for me:
(In order of frothing)

Armored Core
Botw 2
Re8 (VR)
Starfield
Walking dead 2 (VR)
Horizon cotm (VR)
Ff16

Seriously that is pretty stacked for games that I'll buy day 1. Maybe day one on starfield because we'll have to see what condition it launches in.

Edit:

God damn spiderman and maybe ffr7r too????

And Tekken fuckin 8???

This is like 2017 all over again.

Last edited:

sendit

I am letting myself get too excited for this. Must prepare for the worst...

This is going to be a fucking good year for me:
(In order of frothing)

Armored Core
Botw 2
Re8 (VR)
Starfield
Walking dead 2 (VR)
Horizon cotm (VR)
Ff16

Seriously that is pretty stacked for games that I'll buy day 1. Maybe day one on starfield because we'll have to see what condition it launches in.

Edit:

God damn spiderman and maybe ffr7r too????

And Tekken fuckin 8???

This is like 2017 all over again.
Agreed. 2023 is stacked. Can’t forgot about this game as well:

Goodbye Volcano High
eqtUCKo.jpg

sachos

Are people still doubting the PS5 SSD? As far as i know they are the only ones that have fulfilled the near "no loading" promise with games loading in sub 2 seconds like Spider Man or more recently Forspoken

shiru

Banned
Looks better to me but all opinions are just that. I do love some god of war though.

Your second point though ..... bad take..... the combat designer was poached from Capcom and is in fact the (wait for it) DMC guy. Along with several other very competent fighting systems, Dragons Dogma and MVC2. The combat is in very good hands. As is every other aspect of the game.
Good to know I guess. So this is basically Capcom's Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom