• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoshinori Kitase teases ‘big Final Fantasy announcement’ for 2023 unrelated to Final Fantasy VII

Spaceman292

Banned
I hope it's not FF9 related. I really dislike some aspects of that that game. It's better than 7 and 8, but the cute, fisher-price art style does nothing for me.

If they're going to remake FF9, then I want a realistic art style and the combat system from 15. Also, make the story darker, FFS.
Risky take but true

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Say what you want about how "dark" FF9 actually is, but me and many others could never get past the bootleg-digimon character design.
Perhaps this does mean there's a good opportunity to remake the game.

I do wonder why they went with such unappealing character designs, though. Maybe they wanted to make the FMV characters and their real-time rendering counterparts to look more similar?

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Say what you want about how "dark" FF9 actually is, but me and many others could never get past the bootleg-digimon character design.
Perhaps this does mean there's a good opportunity to remake the game.

I do wonder why they went with such unappealing character designs, though. Maybe they wanted to make the FMV characters and their real-time rendering counterparts to look more similar?
If you change the art style, it's no longer a remake, it's a new game inspired by ff9.

The Shepard

I'd love an 8 remake before 9 but I'll take a 9 remake any day of the week, the PlayStation trilogy was the golden age of ff. Hopefully use the FF7 remake combat, best mix of modern and old.

K2D

Banned
I hope it's not FF9 related. I really dislike some aspects of that that game. It's better than 7 and 8, but the cute, fisher-price art style does nothing for me.

If they're going to remake FF9, then I want a realistic art style and the combat system from 15. Also, make the story darker, FFS.

Did you even play FF9? It's among the darkest FF's already.

Vivi alone man.

Basically he wants dark overtones akin to Dark Souls.

FF9 Has exceptional setting with lightheartedness, steampunk/medieval fantasy and dark undertones (mostly anyway).

I'm actually not that hungry for grimdark in my Final Fantasy, but if it's vel executed, sure. FF6 strikes a good balance I guess? It helps that they are pixel characters peppered with humor throughout.

jimmypython

FF8 is the better game and more deserving of a remake over FF9. Fight me.
FF8 needed another 6 months dev time to flesh out the system and world. I would love a proper remake but I really do not trust CBU1 people to do it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom