• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You’re in charge of assigning a studio to a new IP, what studio and what kind of game do you give them?

ReBurn

Gold Member
Is this how it works? The IP people make up a new IP then the studio assignment people decide which studio to assign it to? I always kinda figured that the studio teams pitched their ideas and moron corporate bean counters ran it through the success algorithm to decide whether to do that or to make the studio make part 7 of the thing that already made money 6 times.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I want to make a game that involves the intrigue and politics behind the scenes of the death of Jesus. I would give it to UBIsoft, and make it someone what like an AC game. You meet Jesus on several occasions and you also deal with Pharisees and Sadducees and romans ultimately you find yourself arrested and see the man you met Jesus and Pilot and you are freed. The title card is revealed as the crowd chants your name Barabbas. The Game never reveals who you are until that moment. From there you go and do more, but work to restore the wrong you have done. Probably ends when you meet a Saul converted to Paul.

Is this how it works? The IP people make up a new IP then the studio assignment people decide which studio to assign it to? I always kinda figured that the studio teams pitched their ideas and moron corporate bean counters ran it through the success algorithm to decide whether to do that or to make the studio make part 7 of the thing that already made money 6 times.

I think outside of places like 343 or most activision teams that pretty much only exists to work on one game, i think most dev studios decide what they want to work on.

I remember hearing an interview not too long ago that a studio (maybe it was naughty dog) said they would have a bunch of different concept art from their teams they would go through in the process of deciding on whether to start a new ip or continue on. I’m also sure part of the process are different writers and leads offering ideas and then the studio votes.

I also think i remember some studio leaving it up to a vote, i think that’s why Days Gone 2 didn’t get pitched. I think they left it to a majority vote and most of the studio didn’t want to do it, and Jeff ross said he hated the fact that there wasn’t a top down approach to making decisions like that which is why he left

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I like developers making their own games developers taking on other franchises is a bad idea.

Top Bottom