• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can launch Xbox cloud games directly from Bing and Microsoft Edge

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Some eagle-eyed Xbox fans noticed today that you can now launch directly into Xbox cloud games from Bing itself. This has been true for a while on iOS devices using Microsoft Edge, given that Apple's anti-competitive practices prevent Xbox Game Pass from launching natively on iStuff, but now the feature seems to be rolling out more broadly.

If you search for a game that is part of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, Microsoft will literally throw it right at the top of the search query, giving you a play button right there to quickly sign in and jump across to gaming. The feature might not be available in all territories as of writing, but you can try it by hitting this search query for Fortnite here. It's worth noting however, that in my testing, this seems to only work via Microsoft Edge. I tried it in Chrome, and couldn't get the play box to appear, but you may experience differently based on your location.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I’m not new but maybe I’ll get some promotion since I haven’t subscribed for I think at least 6 months.

The $1 trials are usually only for new subscribers, so if you're planning to use the same account you probably won't be able to get one of those again.

Your cheapest option is probably Gold to GPU conversion to get 1 to 3 years.

Topher

Gold Member
Your the moron.

Rooster Teeth Hair GIF by Achievement Hunter

vj27

Banned
I’d use edge but I got all my school shit saved in chrome, like fasfa ID’s an passwords n stuff. Plus I just like how it looks with my cool backgrounds n stuff for my different profiles lol. This does make me want to try it but I have the xcloud website book marked on my iphone already and the Xbox app on my pc that lets me stream. Would be cool if google let them do this to but I doubt either one of them would want that anyway.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not true, a lapsed account works too.

Does the $1 trial work on lapsed ?

I've always been in the impression that the $1 trial is only for new/first time accounts.

Not talking about the general Gold > GPU conversion, I know that works on all accounts, you just need to finish the current GP time.

Last edited:

tommib

I've always been in the impression that the $1 trial is only for new/first time accounts.

Not talking about the general Gold > GPU conversion, I know that works on all accounts, you just need to finish the current GP time.
Will confirm on Friday!

Topher

Gold Member

Last time I tried was in 2020 and it worked. Lapsed/renewed for three months in a row. Paid $3.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

Yeah that's what I meant, the $1 upgrade thing works. Or at least, something close to it.. I think you actually have to pay $15 (or whatever the price of 1 month of GPU is where you live)

At least according to the massive purple-site thread on the topic.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Awesome, making cloud gaming more accessible than ever.

Only morons don't like MS Edge now, it's basically Chrome.
Today, technically is Chrome because of Chromium, so... It has some weird stuff and doesn't run really the same, but it's like Demon's Souls and Dark Souls

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
How would you guys say this compares to Luna? I’ve actually been pretty impressed with their Prime games on a browser thing.

Top Bottom