• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can no longer buy GTA Trilogy on PC, R* had "data files that were unintentionally included"

Had they given a million bucks to hardcore fans to do the job it would have come out so much better. You can see people who worked on this have no love for the games, it was just one more job.
Fans were doing a better job for free, all they had to do was wait. Probably the saddest part of all of this is that re3, the excellent reverse engineering project, died for this. Of course if they had left well enough alone then poor Take Two wouldn't be able to pay its starving developers.

tusharngf

Seriously WTF Rockstar???

FD--XF3UUAQ0BHP

laughcrying9ixgg.gif

I've raised a refund request. While I have no problem with the game itself. However, when Rockstar/TakeTwo have physically removed the game from my library that I LEGALLY paid for. They can fuck off. Remove the game from me, I remove money from them.

Edit: Got my refund. Do it through Xsolla (Rockstar's payment provider for RGL)

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
Blame yourself for giving pubs your money then afterwards complain about the lack of effort put on said product.

Red flags was all over this so called
”remaster” yet people went out and bought it. Throw your money and hope for the best is a ”culture” gamers have created themselves. Don’t act surprised when pubs/studios keep selling you garbage over and over.

Blame yourself for giving pubs your money then afterwards complain about the lack of effort put on said product.

Red flags was all over this so called
”remaster” yet people went out and bought it. Throw your money and hope for the best is a ”culture” gamers have created themselves. Don’t act surprised when pubs/studios keep selling you garbage over and over.
The saddest part is that plenty of us saw it coming and pointed out the glaring elephant in the room weeks ago, but few people wanted to listen. It's the Cyberpunk situation all over again, I saw that coming a good year before release, after they refused to show off more gameplay, and what they did show had been heavily edited, did anyone want to listen? No. Look how that turned out. There's a lesson somewhere in these experiences...people really need to start learning from them.

Going by the general reaction this remake trilogy is getting it really is going to be Immortals Feynx Rising during the sales this month or the next month.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
The saddest part is that plenty of us saw it coming and pointed out the glaring elephant in the room weeks ago, but few people wanted to listen. It's the Cyberpunk situation all over again, I saw that coming a good year before release, after they refused to show off more gameplay, and what they did show had been heavily edited, did anyone want to listen? No. Look how that turned out. There's a lesson somewhere in these experiences...people really need to start learning from them.

A man who won't listen can't hear. People don't want to hear bad things about someone or things they love thus they think they don't exist. Corpo worship is a real sickness that is widespread among gamers. Every time a company releases a broken game you would think that most people who got tricked, fooled, played like a fiddle would be more cautious next time but NOPE here we go again.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I own the trilogy on multiple platforms so I'm not too bothered, even if I didn't, on PC:"That which is dead, never really dies" regardless of a publishers intentions.

That said. I fucking love how awful this whole remaster scenario has played out, it looks completely atrocious and it's plain fascinating to see some of the insane design choices and plain lack of care given. I'm SURE the port devs never meant for it to play out this way, I'm sure of that. The fact that it did is hilarious. Not mad in the slightest and I look forward to seeing how much further this rabbit hole goes.

JayK47

This is worse than Cyberpunk 2077. Way worse. Cyberpunk was a new game that actually looked decent on the high end systems. This game looks like ass on all systems and shits all over the originals. I would be surprised if they are able to fix this and will likely abandon it after a few patches leaving it to modders to do the rest, if they let them.

BigBooper

So since there's so many unencrypted files, this should be easy as pie to mod, right? I guess you'd have to find a version before they pulled it somehow...

A man who won't listen can't hear. People don't want to hear bad things about someone or things they love thus they think they don't exist. Corpo worship is a real sickness that is widespread among gamers. Every time a company releases a broken game you would think that most people who got tricked, fooled, played like a fiddle would be more cautious next time but NOPE here we go again.
GTA6 hype. "This time it will be different”.

Why spend money on competent devs to make a quality product when an inexperienced underqualified one making a broken product will bring in just as much money???

When you think there can't be a bigger insult to legacy gaming than Switch Online Expansion Pass's N64 emulation, Rockstar says "hold my beer" and puts out a HD collection that makes SIlent Hill's look almost competent.

Top Bottom