• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only choose one console to take to a deserted island, but....

pramod

Banned
Here is the caveat:

The console only comes with all the "system original" games that it has.

It doesnt mean only "exclusives". ie MGS2 for PS2 counts, since although it was ported to many consoles, it was originally only a PS2 game.

So that also means no ports, no multi-platform games like Skyrim, Elden Ring, GTA, RDR, etc.

Here is the caveat:

The console only comes with all the "system original" games that it has.

It doesnt mean only "exclusives". ie MGS2 for PS2 counts, since although it was ported to many consoles, it was originally only a PS2 game.

So that also means no ports, no multi-platform games like Skyrim, Elden Ring, GTA, RDR, etc.

Mine would be PS2. Still the GOAT for me due to the amount of games

Digity

ps1-image.jpg

pqueue

Why a console? I'd take a PC that's capable of playing all modern games + emulation.
you missed the part saying ONLY games released specific to that platform. so no ports, no multi-plats, no emulation.

so that leaves you with pc ONLY games. That still is a lot, but a lot less than what you think it is with your (emulation),etc

Last edited:
Xbox series cause Starfield. I’ll need a game that’s basically endless and with its planed scope I’ll have to make a mini civilization in it to keep me sane. Any console with a lot of GAAS because those are endless loops.

Sophist

Your definition of "system original" is anything but clear. What is the time frame? Mgs2, for example, was already available on Xbox one year after the PS2 release.

Roberts

Does the desert island have internet?

Anyway, XSX because then I can play Grounded until my last dying breath.

pramod

Banned
Your definition of "system original" is anything but clear. What is the time frame? Mgs2, for example, was already available on Xbox one year after the PS2 release.

I guess what I mean is the game has to be originally first released for only one console.

For example RE4 would count, since it was released as a GC exclusive and only ported later.

But RE5 launched on both Ps3 and 360, so it doesnt qualify.

Three

I guess what I mean is the game has to be originally first released for only one console.

For example RE4 would count, since it was released as a GC exclusive and only ported later.

But RE5 launched on both Ps3 and 360, so it doesnt qualify.
But Mass effect is like MGS2. Originally 360 only then Windows a year later, then PS3 5yrs later. I guess the easiest definition is exclusive launch.

Last edited:

HoofHearted

Weird take…

Not exact sure what you’re going to do with a console on a deserted island with no electricity ….

Well … I can think of some things but that’s an entirely different topic…

Filben

Steam Deck. The games originally released on PC are brilliant.

If it has to be a conventional console, probably PS2.

Rudius

Original games meaning once exclusive to the system upon release, like Resident Evil 4 for GameCube. It got ported to everything, but was made originally for GC.

That said, PS2 would be my choice.

Top Bottom