• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only play one game (2023 Edition)

Aion002

I would like to say FFXVI, but I dunno about the replay value, seems like it will be a 40 hours game or so.

Starfield also seems like a nice choice, but it might give me migraines, just like every other Bethesda game...

Ok GIF

So... I would pick Wo Long.

Hopefully it will have a lot of content and expansions, just like Nioh.

Last edited:

Fbh

Can I play games from previous years though?.

If so FFXVI, it's the one I'm most hyped for

If not I guess Starfield might provide more replay value

Tears of The Kingdom would be a lot higher on my list but then I rmeember i have to play it on a fucking Switch and my hype starts to fade more and more for it. BOTW was my GOTG but 6 years later with all the actual ‘next gen’ games coming out i just don’t see myself feeling as immersed in this one as i did in 2017.

I’m sure i will still enjoy it but theres somethign about turning on my switch for long periods that just doesn’t connect with me anymore. It feels isolating gaming on it without online and trophies, etc.

Last edited:

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
If Starfield gets a VR mod then Starfield.
Otherwise I would really need one VR game and one regular game.

Drizzlehell

Banned
If Starfield gets a VR mod then Starfield.
Otherwise I would really need one VR game and one regular game.
If past record is anything to go by, it will likely get a lackluster official VR edition, which will then be fixed by a bunch of mods.

Also, Starfield is my choice.

Jennings

Armored Core VI.

I've played enough Bethesda games in the last few years I won't need to play Starfield so soon.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I want to say Starfield but afraid its going to launch broken so will pick Forza as I know I will spend a lot of time racing

It's Zelda. The only sure thing. I am bullishly optimistic on FFXVI and it would be a tough one to miss out on but there is potential for it to still be trash lol. Any other big AAA game (Hogwarts, Starfield, whatever else) is actually probably more likely to be a disappointment than not.

Fire Emblem Engage.

Final Fantasy XVI, Forspoken, Arcrunners and Suicide Squad are close contenders though.

Last edited:

SweetShark

So many select Starfield, but they fail to understand it will be filled with bugs and it will be a giant shitshow for one year at least.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
So many select Starfield, but they fail to understand it will be filled with bugs and it will be a giant shitshow for one year at least.
It will have some bugs for sure, but nothing game breaking. Had no problem enjoying Skyrim or FO 3-4 at launch.

Top Bottom