• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can only play one game (2023 Edition)

I want to say FFXVI but I don't have a PS5... so I'd choose Tears of the Kingdom unless some megaton announcement is made during 2023 like Xenoblade 3 this year.

SHA

Re4 is the answer for my denial of the original game graphics, haven't played it all these years for no reason other than it's f re4 , a resident evil game with 3rd person gameplay ! couldn't ask for anything better , it's worth the wait. Starfield is more of a lifetime experience, you can't just squeeze it in a year.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Honestly I don't get the fascination with Bethesda games. I tried Fallout 3 and 4 and just never understood their appeal. Graphics are usually mediocre to bad, and the story is pretty barebones. Then again I've never liked open world games, so I guess it's mostly me. 🤔

BossLackey

Gold Member
Final Fantasy XVI

Im not even a big FF fan (slowly working on that), but FFXVI looks so freaking hype. The art style, graphics, fantasy setting, crazy action, and massive boss battle set pieces just looks like a complete package.

intbal

Spider-Man 2
SspWFFy.jpg

Just as soon as the Activision deal is finalized and Microsoft can add it to Backwards Compatibility.

SweetShark

It will have some bugs for sure, but nothing game breaking. Had no problem enjoying Skyrim or FO 3-4 at launch.
Fallout 76 indicate a more dark (glitched) future.

However to be very fair because it is a new IP Bethesda need to try really hard to make a good first impression.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Zelda, in second place is REmake 4, and maybe, just maybe, Silent Hill 2 remake - I really hope that this game reach greatness

Fredrik

So many select Starfield, but they fail to understand it will be filled with bugs and it will be a giant shitshow for one year at least.
It’s the biggest new Bethesda RPG and new IP in over a decade, even with bugs and performance issues it’s going to be exciting to jump into that world and start exploring and meet strange people and build bases and space ships and shoot aliens etc. Hoping for a healthy mod community too, I think people could do some crazy stuff on some of those seemingly dead planets, Bethesda has said that it’ll have more tools than ever for modders. I have some concern regarding the combat but I still think the game as a whole is going to be awesome.

Space Travel Controls GIF by Xbox

Starfield GIF by Bethesda

Landing Space Exploration GIF by Xbox

Starfield GIF by Bethesda

Run Away Space Exploration GIF by Xbox

1/1000, 999 planets to go!

Obviously would be a terrible year to be only able to play 1 game, but I'd probably say Starfield. My favorite dev, and Bethesda games are always huge with lots of content, so could get some replay value out of it too

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Starfield if the dopest mods are day 1 as well by the OP parameters.

If not, then Diablo 4 if I had to spend a year on one game. Though I'm not interested in jumping back into that loot addiction cycle like Diablo 2 back in the day. Hence I skipped 3.

If I really had to choose one it would have to be starfield because its the only game with enough content to last an entire year. You could spends months just building shit.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It's not announced yet, but I'm pretty confident we'll get a new Total War game next year. Either a new mainline historical title, a new Saga or Medieval 2 gets the remaster treatment.

Whatever it is, that's what I'll play.

If there is no new Total War game, then FFXVI.

Rudius

Not announced, but probable: GT7 VR mode. The game is already out, but the VR update should (must 😠) be released in 2023.

lachesis

It will be a flip between RE4 Remake and Zelda: Tears of Kingdom.... but for the longevity wise, it would have to be Tears of Kingdom.

Top Bottom