• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can play all the games you want at 60 FPS on Bravia TV if you want

Mister Wolf

The only TVs that support low input lag motion interpolation in game mode are Samsung TVS.

Samsung QN90A

Screenshot-2022-01-01-051718.png

Sony X90j:

Screenshot-2022-01-01-052018.png

Last edited:

Kilau

Gold Member
I had this setting turned on for the input my Wii U was plugged in and I thought my system was dying because of all the lag in Mario world. Literally unplayable.

Kev Kev

Ok. Honestly I discovered it recently, I found it an interesting option and shared it with the community because I don't know was already debunked.
its all good bud, were just giving you a hard time because we like to tease each other. and once in a while i will post something that everyone kind of already knew or have already discussed and they point and laugh at me for being ignorant (aka uneducated) on the topic. it happens, its not a big deal and for what its worth its always appreciated (by most os us) when someone is genuinely tryin to post something helpful.

so thank you! and dont let the jokes get to you, they are just jokes after all!

Fbh

Yeah the artifacting and added input lag make this pretty unusable.

On the plus side the same effect is great if you ever wondered how your favourite movie would look as a soap opera.

Portugeezer

Ok. Personally I haven't even noticed there was a worse input lag.
I assume it would at least require 2 frames to do, which would double the input lag in the very least. But then it still needs to process the middle image, so more than double.

If it doesn't bother you, then that's great and keep using, but anyone who plays MP should know.

Shmunter

Wow thats really good.

X900H is 87ms for the record. Not as terrible as the x90j but still no where near the Samsung number.
Watch out for spec sheets. Returned last years top Samsung. Inverse ghosting, game mode pq decreaseed significantly over eg movie to get low latency.

SpokkX

60fps is about responsiveness

This”method” just smears 30 frames together and does not actually make games feel different to control. It will just add motion blur to 30fps basically

reektann

This thread makes me recall the countless time a friend has shown me their "amazing new tv!" and put on a 4k blu ray - complete with all the motion smoothing and other trash so it looks like an episode of Eastenders. I spend the next 20 minutes calibrating the TV as I can't handle it.

assurdum

Banned
This is that soap opera effect that my mom always has turned on on her TV even when I go over for holidays and turn it off. She claims it makes the movies look better and turns it back on…. Yuck
Well I definitely prefer use such soap opera effect on Netflix using the ps5 than leave the game mode setting. Picture in motion stutter like hell on Bravia on ps5 without Motionflow if you look any kind of videos.

Last edited:

Kdad

Ok...check this out...fuck airlines and shit....
Did you know the earth spins at approx 1000 miles an hour
Just jump up and you'll quickly get to where you need to go as the earth spins below you.
I just discovered this and though i should let the community know.
Fuck the airline conspiracy.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Samsung make the best gaming TVs. This feature is great for 30fps Switch games like BOTW, Xenoblade, and SMTV. I will definitely be using it for BOTW 2. A legit "gaming" feature.

God now I regret even more to bought a new Bravia. Especially after seen the difference between HDR on it compared LG. I literally have no clue why such TV is so expensive when on cheap LG HDR is infinitely better. I thought Bravia cost more for a reason, but I sadly discovered it's just for the brand name.

Last edited:

LordCBH

You’re much better off staying away from things that artificially boost your framerate like that. The trade off for things like motionflow (or insert whatever each brand calls it) just aren’t worth it.

Kdad

Anyways, happy New Years you cunts! Wish you all the best this year.

Love the thread by the way. We all get our innocent laughter out. Everyone stay safe out there, and hopefully we'll have a great fucking year of great games!

Love it...my goal is to be called a cunt at least once a day this year...box fucking ticked for today!

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Op .. a simple rule. If a game cannot run in 60fps itself , it will never be 60 fps.

Fredrik

It’s smoother but it’s like anti-game mode. I guess it works for slow games without need of snappy controls though.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It’s input lag and artifacts galore, not true 60fps, obviously.

I’ll just stick to game mode, with everything off and play the 60fps games with sub 8ms latency in 4K mode.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think the problem is OP is sharing this is a way to play at 60 FPS. In reality, that's utterly insane.

No matter how "smooth" the image is, it's not 60 FPS unless it's rendered ta 60 FPS.

Top Bottom